IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I may have mentioned this before but I know an Argyle season ticket holder and every season half a dozen of them have a weekend away based around away game.

When one or other of them or Rovers were promoted or relegated so that they were in the same league a few years back, I said there's your weekend away sorted: just up the M5 and a good place for a night out.

He said that actually it was permanently off the list because they had been there a few years ago and the facilities for away fans were so terrible that they collectively agreed to never go there again.

I think they went to Charlton that season.

When away football fans refuse to attend because of the state of the ground then you realise quite what an appalling state it's in.

I think you got away with it.  ?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Malago said:

19 points off 6th place. It’s not looking good for that late play off surge.

So if the actual playoff candidates went on a long 100% losing streak it would take the gas half of their remaining games to catch up.

Sheffield Wednesday, leading the division, have scored 2.24 pts per game over the season so far. If the gas manage that for the rest of the season they would be around 5 or 6 pts clear of  the current playoff chasers. It would be almost inconceivable for them to get promoted from where they are now.

I'd like to be the first to wish the gap an early happy birthday for October 2023.

4 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

Ex player and Bristol city fan ain't he? ?

Screenshot_20230308-172522_Facebook.jpg

I can understand the logic of having a legends wall, but why have it on such a decrepit bit of wall, with artwork that looks nothing like him? Surely he deserves a bit more respect 

Edited by pongo88
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I can understand the logic of having a legends wall, but why have it on such a decrepit bit of wall, with artwork that looks nothing like him? Surely he deserves a bit more respect 

Looks more like the guy (whose name escapes me).........he's got the cheeky little smile, just the bag of sweets missing !

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

Ex player and Bristol city fan ain't he? ?

Screenshot_20230308-172522_Facebook.jpg

The concept of a legends wall is fine, I will also accept that the likeness won't always be there as we have seen with some infamous sculptures around the world.

But...but..... to paint it straight onto a block wall like that makes it look like graffiti in a multi storey car park.

At least render the wall first and then protect it from the weather. What will it look like in a couple of years time?

Feel for him and wish him all the best.

• Like 3

Anyone noticed how years ago Rovers would have a couple of players who would go on and reach the top flight in their careers and nowadays they have literally zero?

Just came to my mind when I saw the Stewart photo. Last player I can think of that was successful after leaving them was Lambert.

14 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Anyone noticed how years ago Rovers would have a couple of players who would go on and reach the top flight in their careers and nowadays they have literally zero?

Just came to my mind when I saw the Stewart photo. Last player I can think of that was successful after leaving them was Lambert.

Scott Sinclair? Where did he finish up? :) 

• Haha 1