IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Well I've been onto several online dictionaries this evening. I needed to check the definition of 'chasing' as my understanding of 'promotion chasing Bristol Rovers' seems to disagree with several sports journos.

Whilst you got the dictionary open , look up the definition ( coming for us ) 

• Haha 1

Just been reminded this is the game they called off in dubious circumstances when Wycombe were absolutely flying under Ainsworth. “Waterlogged” pitch about a day & a bit before the game was due to be played & a decent weather forecast.

How did trying to play it later in the season work out, cheating *****?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Well I've been onto several online dictionaries this evening. I needed to check the definition of 'chasing' as my understanding of 'promotion chasing Bristol Rovers' seems to disagree with several sports journos.

when referring to 'Promotion Chasers' , they actually mean the two for one drinks offer at a nearby licenced premises.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

The back tracking currently happening on radio Bristol now is sensational 

“we’re expecting too much of Rovers, mid table league one would be a very good season”

Same commentators/summarisers were saying they were finishing top 10 minimum a few months ago ffs

They’re below Lincoln & Exeter FFS, miles behind Shrewsbury under the great Cotts.

No way do any of those 3 have a budget anything like the convict does but as usual the local media will make excuses for them.

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

“we’re expecting too much of Rovers, mid table league one would be a very good season”

Same commentators/summarisers were saying they were finishing top 10 minimum a few months ago ffs

Whoever the bloke is who always does the match reports for them on BBC Bristol was still very positive after Saturdays result over FGR, blathering on about them having two winnable home games in a week and how they should be looking up the table again.   Couldn’t hide his glee. Shame about tonight then.  Doubt they will get f all from Pompey as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redsi2 said:

How many of these predictions came right from the first post on their match day threads. Knobs

Screenshot_20230314_220052_Samsung Internet.jpg

The Big Lebowski? More like Wally Slagchat…

This post is like reading one of those articles from the 1950s about what life will be like in the future, where they manage to get every single prediction spectacularly wrong.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

They don't have the bollocks to say why they have been expecting so much, it's understandable when Joey (call me Joe) has been filling their heads full of nonsense all season.

The hard of thinking fans then get a double whammy from Kent Brockman or whatever his name is, the man with no football knowledge who is still somehow qualified to give punditry every week. 

homer simpson GIF

• Like 1

Saw a video of them picking out Mascots from the crowd, both were about 15, not even in full kits, jeans n hoody’s, as they walked out they jumped out from the crowd, one even had last years shirt with a player who’s left on the back.. looked stupid as ****

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Whoever the bloke is who always does the match reports for them on BBC Bristol was still very positive after Saturdays result over FGR, blathering on about them having two winnable home games in a week and how they should be looking up the table again.   Couldn’t hide his glee. Shame about tonight then.   well. 

Yeah well, bias seems to run through the Beeb like covid !

Just now, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Following his interview, they updated the official stats:-

TUE 14 Mar 2023League One
Bristol Rovers 0 Wycombe Wanderers 2

• Bobble on the Pitch(16' minutes)
  • Campbell (62' minutes)

Four times in the first 30 seconds he blames the pitch ?

• Haha 2