IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Won’t someone please think of the children?  ?

F6964EDA-985F-4657-AB1B-1DBD97D0BDAA.jpeg

Saggy makes a very valid point (probably banned now!!)

If you're at a festival, temporary event/attraction, portaloo's are forgivable (although I went to the Circus on the downs about 10 years ago and even they had decent portable/mobile loo's!)

At a full time, permanent "sporting venue" though, it's embarrassing. We all know what these loo's are like after the first dozen or so have gone in, and I imagine for a young girl who is probably/possibly very self conscious, and probably needs a bit more than 4 walls and a hole, it's probably very off putting. My wife, even now, will not use a portaloo unless she really has to, and she's 36!

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

How many does the Thatchers Stand hold these days? 33 left sounds impressive, but it's difficult to know without know the full figure.

@GrahamC beat me to it with the exact number I was thinking of :laughcont:

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Basically lying anyway. If you see the below, they’d said “sold out” and then an existing ST holder confirmed two hours later he was able to renew. as his place in the Thatchers End was held back.

So, their sold out is predicated on everyone who had a ST renewing, even though they clearly haven’t as yet and a fair proportion of those holders will be:

- Dead

- Moved away 

- Recovered from full frontal lobotomies

- Disillusioned with Joey the thug and the horrendous home form

- Unable to renew due to cost of living

- Intending to shag their sisters on Saturdays instead

Lying. “It’s what they do”…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Thought that was pretty good TBH.

Not really.

How many STs did we sell this season? Say 13k for arguments sake. From what I gather it would be like City posting on Twitter that we’ve sold 13k STs for next season already based on the assumption that everyone who has an ST this season will definitely renew.

That’s my understanding from what’s been posted.

They’ve also got a reduced capacity.

For a club who’s fans bang on endlessly about how supposedly loyal their support is compared to us it and how loved they are by all who encounter them it always amazes me how they struggle to sell 5k STs each season or fill their tiny stadium more than once or twice a year.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Not really.

How many STs did we sell this season? Say 13k for arguments sake. From what I gather it would be like City posting on Twitter that we’ve sold 13k STs for next season already based on the assumption that everyone who has an ST this season will definitely renew.

That’s my understanding from what’s been posted.

They’ve also got a reduced capacity.

For a club who’s fans bang on endlessly about how supposedly loyal their support is compared to us it and how loved they are by all who encounter them it always amazes me how they struggle to sell 5k STs each season or fill their tiny stadium more than once or twice a year.

Didn't they reduce capacity to save money on the rules when stadiums, (I use the term loosely), opened up again after COVID ? Wasn't there more cost put on grounds over 10k capacity. 
Then what encouragement is there to spend and open up more of the ground when they rarely fill what they have ?

I think they allow for a % of that stand they are pushing to be held for PotD punters so not a sell out but near a limit ? 

Also they are so "loyal and true" they brought in a system just to stop fans sharing a paper ticket by passing it back to a mate, or letting Dodgy Dave on the turnstyle to wave people through. Doesn't scream love of the club to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Didn't they reduce capacity to save money on the rules when stadiums, (I use the term loosely), opened up again after COVID ? Wasn't there more cost put on grounds over 10k capacity. 
Then what encouragement is there to spend and open up more of the ground when they rarely fill what they have ?

I think they allow for a % of that stand they are pushing to be held for PotD punters so not a sell out but near a limit ? 

Also they are so "loyal and true" they brought in a system just to stop fans sharing a paper ticket by passing it back to a mate, or letting Dodgy Dave on the turnstyle to wave people through. Doesn't scream love of the club to me.

Umm, haven't we just done something similar?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Umm, haven't we just done something similar?

Subtle difference.
You could not use/scan a Season Card several times for the same game, you could if you just have to show it to some bloke on a turnstyle pressing a pedal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Not sure the personal comments about the lady are justified either. maybe that's just me though.

Agree.

Not a bad effort from them to promote one of the most unmarketable products in the Universe.

Now then ‘Fever Pitch’, let’s see how good we are. Perhaps start with the packaging - the shirts - and then the substance ..the facilities, team etc. 

11 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Not sure the personal comments about the lady are justified either. maybe that's just me though.

The term "gas head" is offensive but they seem to accept it as their own, maybe she is "prowed" to be a slapper?

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Talking of old slapper, if this one doesn't convince you to buy a season ticket I'm not sure anyone will...

So they do an ‘All Out’ marketing campaign in order to shift 33 season tickets?! **** me! That takes begging and desperation to a totally different stratosphere!!!!

Thanks anyway Sags for providing me with the opportunity to completely bastardise another one of your pathetic video horror shows.