IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

What the **** is he on about? Amazing where it can lead us….from the sack at Fleetwood at the bottom of league one, to the bottom of league one at another club?

To be fair to him, he is just trying to help somebody to try and better themselves.

Regardless of what you think of him, and what he has done, or not done, he is a role model to some, and should his words/advice help just a few then, Well, I think that is a good thing.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, petehinton said:

What the **** is he on about? Amazing where it can lead us….from the sack at Fleetwood at the bottom of league one, to the bottom of league one at another club?

“Amazing weee it can led us all”

Another 3 or 4 bottles of wine today by the looks of it.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

To be fair to him, he is just trying to help somebody to try and better themselves.

Regardless of what you think of him, and what he has done, or not done, he is a role model to some, and should his words/advice help just a few then, Well, I think that is a good thing.

Empty words, absolute jargon, the type of thing people with surface level knowledge say as they don’t understand the substance. If it helps then yeah I guess that’s good, but anyone that can think deeper than catchphrases.. it’s ridiculous.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I'd have nothing against those words being said by multiple people in football, but if he is a role model then something has gone terribly wrong. It isn't like he was a bad apple 20 years ago, and then changed and became an excellent person. You just have to listen to his narcissistic interviews. I wonder how many young players he has helped better themselves after throwing them under the bus in a interview (players from the club he manages as well).

• Like 1

I was wodering what an AI chatbot could tell me about their supporters and this is what it said:

There have been incidents of violence involving Bristol Rovers fans in the past. In 2017, a woman was seen “punching a police horse” during a fight outside a pub following Bristol Rovers’ 1-0 defeat to Oxford1. In 2022, a man was found guilty of punching a police horse during a football game at Bristol Magistrates Court and has now received a football banning order for three years and over £1,000 in fines2.

Is there anything else you would like me to find?

11 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Empty words, absolute jargon, the type of thing people with surface level knowledge say as they don’t understand the substance. If it helps then yeah I guess that’s good, but anyone that can think deeper than catchphrases.. it’s ridiculous.

Philosopher Daniel Dennett introduced the word deepity to describe sayings that sound profound but are actually trivial or meaningless.

You'd think Barton, a renowned philosopher himself, would know Dennett's work.?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Philosopher Daniel Dennett introduced the word deepity to describe sayings that sound profound but are actually trivial or meaningless.

You'd think Barton, a renowned philosopher himself, would know Dennett's work.?

I read that and heard this for some reason.

https://youtu.be/to0l73sMhew

58 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Ashton gate in 1950 looks a lot more advanced to me than the minimal patch in 2023.

Maybe a little pedantic here but that's the 60's or 70's?

You couldn't expect the sags to have anything as modern as that up at the swamp.

Edited by 42nite

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Anyway, how’s permission for that new stand coming along?

The new stadium at the FM wasn’t mentioned as part of the Temple Quay or St Phillips redevelopment on Points West tonight, so it must nearly be finished now.

Maybe that is delaying the new (non) tent at Membley.

Edited by cider hoss rules