IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

They’re even looking at their transport routes already too for the “perfect location”. One of which being to get off a bus on bath road and walk through and industrial estate for 5 minutes that’s actually half an hour through an area that stinks and is so loud you can’t hold a conversation when walking down it ??

CFDBCA6E-56C9-45EE-B035-380B511DD994.png

2FE579DD-5B2D-41EF-AA02-35EB2AA4D17A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They’re even looking at their transport routes already too for the “perfect location”. One of which being to get off a bus on bath road and walk through and industrial estate for 5 minutes that’s actually half an hour through an area that stinks and is so loud you can’t hold a conversation when walking down it ??

You forgot about that little thing called #GasLogic - where what might seem perfectly reasonable and considered to some, is make believe and a falsehood to others. Like 40,000 away fans. 

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Cue the stories of having to run the gauntlet of raging Shitheads as they make their way quietly to the stadium minding their own business.

53 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Er, I may be being whoosh'd here PH but the recycling centre ain't where the Fruit Market is. The Fruit Market is where St Phillip's Marsh is marked on the right lower part of your map ?

Edited by Red Shadow
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, petehinton said:

That’s the Days Road tip. 

There may or may not be another tip coming in the future  

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

Er, I may be being whoosh'd here PH but the recycling centre ain't where the Fruit Market is. The Fruit Market is where St Phillip's Marsh is marked on the right lower part of your map ?

Oops marked the wrong waste centre (spoilt for choice around there) Just as bad, walk over the delightful A4 a short trip past two waste management tips tbat stink, and you’re there. Mix things up and walk down to Feeder road past all the car dealerships and hardware shops or the sports lounge if you’re feeling a bit fancier ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd wager that in 6-12 months there will be another statement saying "the numbers didn't stack up and it was a bad deal for Bristol Rovers FC, but rest assured we are all working extremely hard behind the scenes to get you Gasheads a new Stadium", then they will all lap it up yet again saying Al Quidi is doing his best for them...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TheReds said:

I'd wager that in 6-12 months there will be another statement saying "the numbers didn't stack up and it was a bad deal for Bristol Rovers FC, but rest assured we are all working extremely hard behind the scenes to get you Gasheads a new Stadium", then they will all lap it up yet again saying Al Quidi is doing his best for them...

I said this as soon as I saw the announcement. They`ll also blame everyone and everything else for their own shortcomings.

It`ll only happen if they can con someone else into paying for it like they have tried many times in the past.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

This is what ChatGPT has suggested in less than 1 second ... it sounds pretty close to the combined efforts of the board and fans combined ....

Dear fans,

I am thrilled to announce that our football club will soon have a brand new stadium to call home! After months of planning and hard work, we have secured a prime location for our state-of-the-art facility.

This new stadium will not only provide our team with a world-class playing surface, but it will also offer an unparalleled fan experience. We have spared no expense in designing the stadium to be the ultimate destination for football lovers. From the moment you step inside, you will be greeted by cutting-edge technology and amenities that will enhance your match-day experience.

Some of the features of our new stadium include:

• Seating for over 50,000 fans, including premium seating options with luxurious amenities
  • A high-tech scoreboard and sound system that will bring the game to life
  • A range of food and beverage options to satisfy every taste
  • State-of-the-art training and locker room facilities for our players
  • Ample parking and transportation options for easy access to the stadium

We believe that this new stadium will not only elevate our team to new heights, but it will also become a landmark for our city and a source of pride for our fans. We can't wait to welcome you to our new home and share this exciting new chapter with you.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Wael Al Qadi

Is this real or someone taking the piss ?

Bit from Wally’s statement…

The new stadium subject has been the most important issue for Gasheads, and rightly so, given Rovers' history. I said that the club needs a new stadium when we took over seven years ago and, as I have not made any public announcements on the stadium's progress in recent years, I have been subject to a lot of criticism over that period. Some people have gone on record to say that my time at Rovers won’t have been successful if the stadium issue is not resolved, despite all that has been achieved during that time to make improvements to the way in which the club is now operating.

It’s got Mark Ashton vibes about it hasn’t it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

The new stadium subject has been the most important issue for Gasheads, and rightly so, given Rovers' history. I said that the club needs a new stadium when we took over seven years ago and, as I have not made any public announcements on the stadium's progress in recent years, I have been subject to a lot of criticism over that period. Some people have gone on record to say that my time at Rovers won’t have been successful if the stadium issue is not resolved, despite all that has been achieved during that time to make improvements to the way in which the club is now operating.

Also a nonsense sentence if he thought he was actually going to deliver a new stadium 

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Short version ...

"                        "

It is some talent using so many words to say nothing ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, petehinton said:

Far easier to fly to Amsterdam via Cardiff Airport return to Bristol Airport and take the Airport flier to Temple Meads. Just a short walk via the Knights Templar for a pre match pint.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Flounder said:

Far easier to fly to Amsterdam via Cardiff Airport return to Bristol Airport and take the Airport flier to Temple Meads. Just a short walk via the Knights Templar for a pre match pint.

Benefits of this route include mind alternating substances abuse in Amsterdam that may* bring them back to reality and an above average chance of not being allowed back into the country.

*not

I know we joke a lot about the chances of , or not , their Stadium becoming real. But they have no plans in place, they don't have permissions because no plans have been drawn, they haven't been accepted as part of the scheme and they don't have funding .
What they do have is a route to the site that may, or may not , house the ground. 

That cart is firmly placed before the horse.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

all this cack going on, why doesnt wally just make a go of it where they are,if he had done 1 new stand a year,they would have a decent 15k seater by now

Lack of return from what I have read, he'll be prettifying / expanding the capacity without increasing income.  Throwing money away.

New grounds are designed to have substantial off field income.

Exeter Chiefs' rugby ground, which is very visible from the M5 as you approach Exeter, was designed as a conference centre to which a pitch and stands were added on the side.  As a result they do very well financially, I have been to several conferences there and it's an excellent venue with a huge car park.

Ashton Gate is paying for itself (literally, the redevelopment was mostly funded with third party debt and that is being repaid from profits) with its multiple revenue streams, it isn't just where City play 23 times a year plus cup games.

All clubs want, tending these days to need, their grounds to start making decent money over football ticket sales or losses are going to stay high.

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 5

004PHOTO.thumb.jpg.fbeb9f789354a3059c0ce7dcdfc5c1fb.jpg

10 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I know we joke a lot about the chances of , or not , their Stadium becoming real. But they have no plans in place, they don't have permissions because no plans have been drawn, they haven't been accepted as part of the scheme and they don't have funding .
What they do have is a route to the site that may, or may not , house the ground. 

That cart is firmly placed before the horse.

It's a family affair..

Edited by Son of Fred

10 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Lack of return from what I have read, he'll be prettifying / expanding the capacity without increasing income.  Throwing money away.

New grounds are designed to have substantial off field income.

Exeter Chiefs' rugby ground, which is very visible from the M5 as you approach Exeter, was designed as a conference centre to which a pitch and stands were added on the side.  As a result they do very well financially, I have been to several conferences there and it's an excellent venue with a huge car park.

Ashton Gate is paying for itself (literally, the redevelopment was mostly funded with third party debt and that is being repaid from profits) with its multiple revenue streams, it isn't just where City play 23 times a year plus cup games.

All clubs want, tending these days to need, their grounds to start making decent money over football ticket sales or losses are going to stay high.

Exactly. Which is why this whole thing will be extremely complicated when it comes to thrashing out the nitty gritty of  whose pockets these revenue streams end up in.