IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

There was City fans in the Mansfield end shouting City songs at us, and there are City fans waiting outside for us.

City, City, City, City

….but we’re not obsessed.

It was Mansfield fans singing pro-City songs to wind up the already stressed out Gasheads as the clock ticked down. This was confirmed on their own forum. 

Of course idiotic Gasheads can’t grasp the fact that they aren’t as loved and respected by everyone as they think they are. 

Even if City fans were in the away end then so what? Rovers fans were happy to boast that they were in with Brum fans at AG the year before when we got relegated.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Never had chance to have a replay of ot yesterday, but I am about a 3rd of the way through it now!

Forgotten about the hidden gems like 'Well, we'll have the best ground in the conference'.

Ignorance is bliss.

I'd say at least a dozen stadia in the National League are way above that dump in Horfield.

23 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Ignorance is bliss.

I'd say at least a dozen stadia in the National League are way above that dump in Horfield.

Traffic is slow around Filton Avenue and Mark Selby is 12 frames all against Neil Robertson going in to the evening session at the Crucible, the winner will face Ronnie O'Sullivan.

I'm getting all the news listening to this!

50 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

13 mins gets you to the call with that bloke who was tuned into the city commentary by mistake 

It’s when the realisation kicks in and he quickly changed the subject… ?

28 minutes ago, TomF said:

I actually wonder what the odds were at the time.  

I believe it was about 10/1.

I remember a Gashead posting on their old forum that they’d put a tenner on it to ‘soften the blow’ and I wondered how skint you’d have to be for £110 to be considered as consolation for the embarrassment of your club getting kicked out of the football league by losing to a team who couldn’t even be bothered to bring their own kit? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It was Mansfield fans singing pro-City songs to wind up the already stressed out Gasheads as the clock ticked down. This was confirmed on their own forum. 

Of course idiotic Gasheads can’t grasp the fact that they aren’t as loved and respected by everyone as they think they are. 

Even if City fans were in the away end then so what? Rovers fans were happy to boast that they were in with Brum fans at AG the year before when we got relegated.

I remember a few were in with Brum fans the day Brum survived (with a flag), it wasn’t even mathematically possible we could go down, weird lot.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Gasheads I know are still convinced (and very angry) to this day that there were loads of gurt ted's in the away end that day. Although they can't name a single one.

On the other hand I can name people who were down Ashton Gate when we played Man City, Gasheads who had dragged their kids along to watch The Shit get stuffed. Although dressed in Man City gear they haven't mentioned Man City since that night and there were the usual 'FTG' comments as well as numerous Gasheads pulling themselves off over how many Man City could possibly destroy us by, hoping that it would be a total cricket score.

I bet their poor kids who have had to be forced to follow in Daddy's footsteps wonder what the **** is going on? They're dragged into tents every week to watch utter garbage and then dressed up as Man City fan's with Daddy getting really excited about the other Bristol team get potentially destroyed? They must go home and ask Mummy why Daddy likes to act like a ******* 3 year old?

2 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

13 mins gets you to the call with that bloke who was tuned into the city commentary by mistake 

He's brilliant. His total paranoid state of mind really comes to the forefront, accusing Radio Bristol about loving Da Shit and not giving a shit about the poor old Sag 'Victims'. ******* hilarious. What a complete tool! I loved the fact that he spoke like a true paranoid Sag ***, before realising that he had just given another gift and looked like a complete bell end like Sags always do.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

There was never going to be any City fans in the away end that day, the odds/chances of them going down was utterly ridiculous. They only had to draw the game to be safe never mind worry about the three results going the wrong way.   I actually wonder what the odds were at the time.  

I do remember at the time that there were 27 different outcomes and only 3 of them would have resulted in the 'family club' ******* off out of the league to where they belong.

You just know that they thought that City fans would be there because they judge everything by their own standards and they know that if we were in trouble they WOULD go to Ashton Gate to see us go down. That's the kind of manual manipulator that Gasheads are. Unlucky for them we couldn't give a flying **** that day as no-one.....even gurt ted's thought for one second that they were going to **** up royally and become forever a club to be laughed at and the gift that keeps on giving.

I'm sure that if you asked any Wycombe fan what they thought about the bestest fans in da whole world and everyone's favourite 2nd club then their reply would be 'Nah, they're just a bunch of ******* who destroyed our ground for no reason and ended up getting relegated anyway'

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

It's probably just me but why oh why do they have to repeat FTG after every Facebook post, text to 20man etc. I just find it weird...like a load of Parrots. Edited cod I originally wrote FTG 

Or getting personalised number plates with either that or 'GAS' on it. Like it's something to be 'Prowed' of?!! ?

I don't see City fans doing anything similar to that? They are just ******* weird *****.

I struggle to find any club with fans of the same mentality as Sags. I think that's the only 'unique' thing about Rovers.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

40 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

It's probably just me but why oh why do they have to repeat FTG after every Facebook post, text to 20man etc. I just find it weird...like a load of Parrots.

Edited cod I originally wrote FTG 

This is possibly my favourite realisation of the forums “auto edit” functionality ever. Particularly the edit explanation.

• Haha 6

43 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

It's probably just me but why oh why do they have to repeat FTG after every Facebook post, text to 20man etc. I just find it weird...like a load of Parrots. Edited cod I originally wrote FTG 

I know what you mean. I think we already knew that they were Forever Tupping Grannies. There's no need to constantly remind us.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Never had chance to have a replay of ot yesterday, but I am about a 3rd of the way through it now!

Forgotten about the hidden gems like 'Well, we'll have the best ground in the conference'.

What made me laugh the most was just how pathetic the Sags were on the Radio that day.

Mike 'Two Divorces' right at the end say's 'Take care yeah' to Geoff as if 20p was so physically and emotionally distraught by Rovers getting relegated out of the football league that he might not be able to make it though the show and require years of counseling to just be able to cope with life moving forward.....and yet Geoff didn't even bat an eyelid.

Then there were Sags who acted 'needy' with Geoff and started seeking 'reassurance' that their joke of a club was still worth loving by going on about how different things were when Geoff played for Rovers and he simply dismissed and batted it for 6 by saying that it's not the time to be talking about historical events like 1990 and what type of player he was when he was at Rovers.

Sad, pathetic, needy and absolutely ******* hilarious! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

What made me laugh the most was just how pathetic the Sags were on the Radio that day.

Mike 'Two Divorces' right at the end say's 'Take care yeah' to Geoff as if 20p was so physically and emotionally distraught by Rovers getting relegated out of the football league that he might not be able to make it though the show and require years of counseling to just be able to cope with life moving forward.....and yet Geoff didn't even bat an eyelid.

Then there were Sags who acted 'needy' with Geoff and started seeking 'reassurance' that their joke of a club was still worth loving by going on about how different things were when Geoff played for Rovers and he simply dismissed and batted it for 6 by saying that it's not the time to be talking about historical events like 1990 and what type of player he was when he was at Rovers.

Sad, pathetic, needy and absolutely ******* hilarious! 

There was a sneaky 'higher bid' from one of them who claimed the '45,000' we took to Wembley....

That's about 5000 more than they usually claim. 

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, TomF said:

I actually genuinely worried about that first caller 3-4 minutes in. He sounded like he was going to throw himself off the CSB. 

It reminded me of City against Arsenal on the opening day of 1976 in the First Division.

It was the best start that anyone could have ever dreamed of, but then it went downhill after that.

Shame there wasn’t any more callers as good as Mike. I’m sure once the Blackthorn wore off that day he felt a bit of a **** for his legendary ‘Two Divorces, Labour all frew the Fatcher years’ speech.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

There was a sneaky 'higher bid' from one of them who claimed the '45,000' we took to Wembley....

Even Richard Hoskins trotted out the 40000 figure at the beginning and one of their supporters said well we have a ground now but no team to put in it. :)

1 hour ago, TomF said:

I actually genuinely worried about that first caller 3-4 minutes in. He sounded like he was going to throw himself off the CSB. 

A lot of them were very down and in shock it seemed, a surprising number thought they had no chance to bounce back straight away either. No wonder they love Darrell so much. 

3 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

In Northern Ireland, Protestants chant FTP at the Catholics. There the acronym means **** the Pope and is an insult.

Perhaps FTG replaces Pope with Gas?

On 12/04/2023 at 12:19, View from the Dolman said:

A superb listen. Thank you.

It’s encouraging to hear so many Gas callers, between the tears, cite the new stadium plans as a factor in their relegation. Given the margin they got relegated by, I’m sure they’re right.

It’s the reason why I’m so excited by their Fruity announcement. If it becomes anything more than bluster, it could derail them and even finish them off entirely. Oozing with possibilities in theory.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

They`ve now contacted everybody in h0spitality and the VIP seats and are able to confirm that they were all there to support da famuzzzzz quarters.

5 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Or getting personalised number plates with either that or 'GAS' on it. Like it's something to be 'Prowed' of?!! ?

I don't see City fans doing anything similar to that? They are just ******* weird *****.

I struggle to find any club with fans of the same mentality as Sags. I think that's the only 'unique' thing about Rovers.

The jocks are the international version of the fewers 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1