IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, kit said:

I would say that the chances of it happening at least once this season were a lot shorter than that. We have 2 opportunities to play shuff u at 100% likelihood, on each of those opportunities there would be a 1/23 chance of rovers and wednesday also playing so 1/23 + 1/23 so I make it a 2/23 or 1/11.5 probability. This ignores international weekends and weekends when the fixtures don't allign. It's probably more a case that rovers are rarely at a similar level so it doesn't occur.

On a different topic, I heard that joey had some afters in the tunnel after the game with the officials and was shown a red card so should face a touchline ban. Not entirely sure on how accurate as it was relayed 2nd hand to me.

To calculate the chances of getting, a specific, 1/23 in one set & 1/23 in another set, you multiply the two.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

To calculate the chances of getting, a specific, 1/23 in one set & 1/23 in another set, you multiply the two.

Unless I'm missing what the stat is, isn't 1/529 the liklihood of both games of the season being played on at the same time, i.e. the clashes happening twice in a season, or I think 1/529 is also the liklihood if you are looking for it to happen on a specific matchday. Where as the chance of one game coinciding at the same time at any point during the season is actually a whole lot more likely i.e. 1/11.5 of it happening at all as it did on Tuesday.

On 18/04/2023 at 22:27, nickolas said:

Barton - ‘the lino has guessed, as they do at this level’. 
‘when i saw the ref i knew we were in for it’. 

My god this bloke simply cannot take a defeat. I swear he blames officials after every loss!! ????

If he doesn’t like the officiating at this level, why doesn’t he just get his team promoted ?‍♂️

15 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Aldridge prior is off again. No planning permission . Why would you build a new stand if you were off in a few years to the fruit market. 

I'll be dusting off my 'objection" template unless there is provision for improved parking and or residential permits.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Aldridge prior is off again. No planning permission . Why would you build a new stand if you were off in a few years to the fruit market. 

Hope. Hope. Hope. Hope. Hope  

Basically it isn’t gonna happen, but if I say we’re trying it’ll make me look good 

'It takes a Wael' has said nothing, apart from getting a new tent at the Mem! A 3.5k seater tent mind.

Says their training ground is Championship standard, because they let teams train there before they play us and they keep telling him it's great.

FFS, A Gas Head messaged in, asking if they could have somewhere to lay Poppies at the new Stadium.

34 minutes ago, chowie said:

'It takes a Wael' has said nothing, apart from getting a new tent at the Mem! A 3.5k seater tent mind.

Says their training ground is Championship standard, because they let teams train there before they play us and they keep telling him it's great.

FFS, A Gas Head messaged in, asking if they could have somewhere to lay Poppies at the new Stadium.

Their training ground isn't even the best field in the lane

Absolute shit tip 

This is brilliant. You would never trust this man with a penny having heard that answer.

Geoff T: If there is a new ground who will own it?

Wael: So, these are ongoing discussions and we will work for an agreement that suits all parties 

Geoff: What would suit you as owner of the football club?

Wael: Getting a new stadium

Geoff: What about the ownership?

Wael: It depends on the details of the negotiation

Geoff: If you don’t own it will it be a long lease?

Wael: the agreement and the details will come out. Ownership and a long lease are the same thing.

Geoff: What’s a long lease?

Wael: In the tens…um hundreds…of years 

Absolutely dodgy as ****. You wouldn’t buy a used car off that man and Rovers are sacrificing land they own to bail him out of a speculative deal gone bad. It’s beautiful to see.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3