IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Going to be fun to see how they get planning permission for a new stand in time for next season. When I say "stand" I assume it's just more temporary seating. 

They`ll just apply for one of those temporary permissions that parish council`s get when they want to put up a marquee in the vicarage garden for the village fete.

They have an owner that spouts Bull Shit and a Manager that spouts even more !!!!! His latest quote is a belter just like himself.

"Look, we’ve got a lot of work still to do but there’s a chance to do something that’s never been done before - put a club from Bristol in the Premier League. Do I think I can do it? Absolutely."

“My intention is to put Bristol Rovers in the Premier League. I think I have the skills to do it, I think I have the people around me with the skills to do it, so it’s only a matter of time that I need and resources, incrementally, becoming more and more"

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

He really is an absolutely clueless moron, re Derby and Wed...

“As soon as they get to the Championship, they’re coming back down because it’s not good enough. Or they’re going to have to rip it up. You can’t bully people in the Champ. They’re only successful because they’ve stockpiled better players.”

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

“As soon as they get to the Championship, they’re coming back down because it’s not good enough. Or they’re going to have to rip it up. You can’t bully people in the Champ. They’re only successful because they’ve stockpiled better players.”

Isnt getting lots of better players the right idea?! ????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Without realising it, he's heaping lots of praise on us then

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Speaking after his defeat, Barton questioned the playing style of Moore’s team, claiming that if they and their previous opponents Derby County were ‘anything to go by’, Rovers would be able to bridge the gap and make the League One playoffs next season.

???

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

They have an owner that spouts Bull Shit and a Manager that spouts even more !!!!! His latest quote is a belter just like himself.

"Look, we’ve got a lot of work still to do but there’s a chance to do something that’s never been done before - put a club from Bristol in the Premier League. Do I think I can do it? Absolutely."

“My intention is to put Bristol Rovers in the Premier League. I think I have the skills to do it, I think I have the people around me with the skills to do it, so it’s only a matter of time that I need and resources, incrementally, becoming more and more"

You mean go out and buy Arsenal's squad ?  That might work !

2 hours ago, richyy66 said:

Coming from the same guy who was threatening to resign because the pitch was bad. He is some weapon. 

Im sure they can “bridge the gap” to the play offs next season too. Just the….21 points off it currently. Sure that’ll be a breeze to make up in one season ?

Edited by petehinton

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Coming from the same guy who was threatening to resign because the pitch was bad. He is some weapon. 

Im sure they can “bridge the gap” to the play offs next season too. Just the….21 points off it currently. Sure that’ll be a breeze to make up in one season ?

How many players will be leaving too, and starting yet again another season with other clubs players on loan. Rinse and repeat....

He said at the start of this season he had a top budget, so why has he blamed his budget on his teams season poor performance lately? It's as if he is such a narcissist he cannot take any personal responsibility for anything whatsoever, it's always the fault of anyone but poor Joey.

Long may he stay and slag off every club and manager he plays against, they are getting more hated by the week with him in charge by more and more clubs.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

Bloke who has managed Fleetwood & Roverrz is now giving clubs miles above them who are about 3 or 4 times as big his advice.

He has to be the least self aware manager in the league & the Post lets him spout this deluded shite without ever challenging a single word he says.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Anyone else shitting themselves? ??

82ers sh**e forum trying to put a different spin on it, they're turning it all in to negatives, think the Barcelona of Bristol getting a tad twitchy that little old Rovers have exciting things happening

We are all devastated because we all know this Stadium is happening anytime soon, and again they will be coming for us.... By the time a new stadium is built for Rovers the majority of their fanbase will have left this Earth, and there isn't many more people left to come through the turnstiles, they are way too late to the party.

27 minutes ago, TheReds said:

We are all devastated because we all know this Stadium is happening anytime soon, and again they will be coming for us.... By the time a new stadium is built for Rovers the majority of their fanbase will have left this Earth, and there isn't many more people left to come through the disabled gate, they are way too late to the party.

Fixed that for you!

image.thumb.png.7f91179f9082706e022df7a0ac399cb9.png

It genuinely scary how stupid they are.

The chairman has literally just told them that they will NOT own a ground anywhere for the rest of their existence (which won't be very long after this)....... Gasheads - when your Chairman is telling you that your club will be LEASING a ground - it means you will not own it.

The carnival barker will sell the Mem (are you listening you thick Pikeys) PRIOR to 'leasing' the 'new stadium' - and guess what Gasheads?

That means you are homeless the SECOND that lease runs out - why?

** Drum roll** - because your dodgy owner DOES NOT HAVE ANY MONEY!!!

The FM will 'fall over' - probably in less than 1 year after you sell the Mem to developers.

Wael (he's such a nice man) - will then announce that in the rush 'to get Rovers to the Prem' he overlooked the fact that the initial lease on the Mem was 24 months - or had a clause that it was 'for sale to any buyer with an offer over XYZ'

Then Gasheads - THIS will happen.........

1) Sell ground to developers.

2) Keep sale proceeds in his own bank account

3) Terminate lease

4) Announce (from the safety of the Middle-East) that he still has 'outstanding debts' which weren't covered by his lien on the Stadium, so any players of value have to be sold.

5) Rovers grovel for a ground-share, with a threadbare squad and no assets (even the 'club shop' has been flogged!)

6) Rovers get relegated

7) Rovers get relegated again out the League

? Bristol Rovers FC are liquidated, and sold to Joey Barton for a quid.

8 ) Rover are relocated to Tranmere and called 'Tranmere Rovers' ?

9) Wally sits back in the ME, cashed up,sipping a pimms with Joeybag, and toasts to 'A job Well Done'

1 - 7 are inevitable, 8 + 9 are wishful thinking.

Make no mistake Gasheads - your club will fold within 5 years if this goes ahead.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

43 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

82ers sh**e forum trying to put a different spin on it, they're turning it all in to negatives, think the Barcelona of Bristol getting a tad twitchy that little old Rovers have exciting things happening

He doesn't like whats hes read on here so needs some reassurance for his insecurity, which is why he was on here in the first place. Theres a few sensible gas i know who say wait until the diggers are onsite etc. 

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I am. I could barely get a wink of sleep last night for worrying about them coming for us. I had this churning feeling in my stomach all night.

Or it might have been the cheese and pickle sandwich I had just before going to bed.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Actually is was them that compared themselves to Barcelona (although now it’s Boca Juniors apparently ?)

They just can’t help themselves can they? 

Even if it is built (and I actually think it will be) it’ll be smaller with zero history and owned by outside company. Sounds plastic to me.

Not sure why we’re supposed to be “twitchy” about that? 

Still, Gasheads bragging about things that haven’t happened yet….”it’s what they do

D1ckheads. ?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 4
  • Robin 1

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I don't recall any City fan calling us Barcelona. I do however remember a Fewer describing them as the Barcelona of League Two. 

Shortly before they got relegated out of the football league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1