IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 20/04/2023 at 21:36, petehinton said:

Jesus wept. How the hell do they lap him up? He has absolutely no idea what he’s talking about

Just listened and even Geoff starts with tens of thousands of gas will be listening and later on the two of them are slagging the new lawn. Nice bloke Geoff but once a gas, always a gas 

• Like 2

I thought a slightly telling comment when asked about a long lease was “something that outlives me”

Seen as a funny ha ha joke, but undertones of it are probably “I’ve sorted the deal, I’m hailed, but then don’t need to sort the mess out when it comes to an end” 

• Admin
11 minutes ago, edada said:

Just listened and even Geoff starts with tens of thousands of gas will be listening and later on the two of them are slagging the new lawn. Nice bloke Geoff but once a gas, always a gas 

Nothing more than playing to the crowd 

13 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Anyone else shitting themselves? ??

82ers sh**e forum trying to put a different spin on it, they're turning it all in to negatives, think the Barcelona of Bristol getting a tad twitchy that little old Rovers have exciting things happening

If I am getting twitchy it is because we have run out of popcorn whilst we sit back and see how this all works out.

In the unlikely event it all goes to plan, even if that happens, there is a cricketing analogy which is 'runs on the scoreboard first' - in other words they will go through all this over many years just to get below a level compared to their local rivals.

We are taking notice because it has a lot of interesting factors - local rivalry, overseas money (or lack of), development of difficult areas (the FM, and The Mem) with a bit of football thrown in, oh and not forgetting strangely spending money on a new stand at the old ground.

Crack on chaps, I am off to the shops. ???

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Not sure - it seems to change every week and I can`t keep up!

I just love how deluded there are , it’s great having them around just to keep my sense of humour on its toes , 

I will never ever forget when they got relegated to the pub league , one week on the pitch singing the gas are staying up next week relegated with a team wearing there own kit relegating them ????

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Do you think the loans are starting to plan their return to their own clubs and some beach time?

I see their fans are saying this is their ‘pre season’ period so isn’t a worry. An odd pre season where 13 odd of those players won’t even be there next season. But let’s not do logic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Wouldn`t you be? I`d be ticking off the hours to when I could get out of the place.

I kind of picture them counting the days like in an old prison drama, 4 strikes and one angled across the 4 makes 5 days.

IIII/   IIII/   IIII/   IIII/

• Like 1