IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

So in the battle between the two teams forever in the shadow of their more illustrious neighbours in red they have come off 2nd best.

If only they could find a team that play the right way, so they can win, or alternatively perhaps they could try getting a shot on target.

29 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I kind of picture them counting the days like in an old prison drama, 4 strikes and one angled across the 4 makes 5 days.

IIII/   IIII/   IIII/   IIII/

How did you get access to Joey’s office?

One of them over there dared to suggest that they will need to rebuild once their loans go back and it might take a few games to get going next season. Reasonable I thought and just what we`ve been saying.

Surprise, surprise,  he was immediately called a Ted by another of the insecure dribblers.  North Korea is a positive haven of liberalism compared to that place!

• Like 3

Plymouth away next for the Rent Boys. I dislike Argyle intensely (the feeling’s mutual, they hate both Bristol clubs) and hope they make a hash of promotion, but of course I want them to annihilate the Gastards - which I suspect they will on today’s evidence.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2023 at 19:09, RedLionLad said:

Speaking after his defeat, Barton questioned the playing style of Moore’s team, claiming that if they and their previous opponents Derby County were ‘anything to go by’, Rovers would be able to bridge the gap and make the League One playoffs next season.

???

And thats going on the fact that they didnt beat Derby or Wednesday............"Gas logic"

22 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Anyone else shitting themselves? ??

82ers sh**e forum trying to put a different spin on it, they're turning it all in to negatives, think the Barcelona of Bristol getting a tad twitchy that little old Rovers have exciting things happening

So they are calling themselves "little old Rovers"now are they?what happened to them being the biggest club in Bristol?They really do leave themselves wide open for abuse dont they!!

17 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Actually is was them that compared themselves to Barcelona (although now it’s Boca Juniors apparently ?)

They just can’t help themselves can they? 

Even if it is built (and I actually think it will be) it’ll be smaller with zero history and owned by outside company. Sounds plastic to me.

Not sure why we’re supposed to be “twitchy” about that? 

Still, Gasheads bragging about things that haven’t happened yet….”it’s what they do

D1ckheads. ?

The Boca comparison is fitting. One play at a stadium called “The Chocolate Box” and the other were once sponsored by “Snack Box”. 

Yes, I’m certainly “twitchy” that they might be leaving the Pisspoorial for a new stadium that will be too big for them and likely have swathes of empty seats every home game. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/04/2023 at 06:34, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Cryo therapy? Do they just switch off the heating?

they are so clever, got a pikey to drop off a borrowed builders portacabin, had a full size poster printed and filled it with scrap decomissioned iceland freezers, all for under a ton££ cant knock the ingenuity of the potless plebs

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Hahaha ffs, they weren’t speaking about threatening relegation at all, they were just spouting shit about promotion pushes. Frost has gone proper North Korea this season. 

C1380E98-134B-4441-88AB-37B7039E0F63.jpeg

This précis of the season needs revision:-

The Gash have cemented their status as the most hated team in League One, as their vile excuse for a manager has made disparaging remarks about every one of their opponents this season, usually resulting in said opponents raising their game to pound his rubbish bunch of cloggers into mincemeat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

This précis of the season needs revision:-

The Gash have cemented their status as the most hated team in League One, as their vile excuse for a manager has made disparaging remarks about every one of their opponents this season, usually resulting in said opponents raising their game to pound his rubbish bunch of cloggers into mincemeat.

If you were a player or manager and seen/read all of his post match interviews this season alone, why would you go there or let one of your players go there on loan? The manager is a massive piece of the puzzle for a player, he must put off plenty of players whilst he's dragging the clubs reputation (we all know they are everyones second favourite club) down further by each game.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Hahaha ffs, they weren’t speaking about threatening relegation at all, they were just spouting shit about promotion pushes. Frost has gone proper North Korea this season. 

What he omits to say is that it wasn`t the s*g result that achieved mathematical safety but Cambridge getting gubbed at Plymouth.

Something which hopefully will also happen to another away team visiting Home Park on Tuesday.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

They made sure of their place by losing 2-0 and this is a positive??

Plus they could not have been certain if mathematically uncertain.

Who wrote this parody?

15 hours ago, WessexPest said:

The Boca comparison is fitting. One play at a stadium called “The Chocolate Box” and the other were once sponsored by “Snack Box”. 

Yes, I’m certainly “twitchy” that they might be leaving the Pisspoorial for a new stadium that will be too big for them and likely have swathes of empty seats every home game. ?

Their “new” ground (IF it ever happens), will be “The Dirt Box”.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

Ah yes, avoiding relegation was always the aim. There was definitely never any talk of the play-offs in the first half of the season... ?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Ah yes, avoiding relegation was always they aim. There was definitely never any talk of the play-offs in the first half of the season... ?

But they`d have been promoted if it wasn`t for the officials, pitches, weather, war in Ukraine, lack of a stadium that can accommodate the 30k fans they have and other teams turning up and putting on a show as it was their cup final. 

So Joey says anyway.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

The media covering them in recent seasons could be used as a study for English lessons in the use of adjectives and contradictions.

Promotion chasing Rovers or relegation threatened?

6th richest club or little old Rovers?

Membley or a pitch that ruins their passing game?

A lovely new stadium or build onto the old one which has so much character?

All in the same week usually.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, petehinton said:

….. barely looking over their shoulders?  What about this geezer?

IMG_3722.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

They really haven’t got the slightest have they ?

I’m sure he knows a lot more about business than you and I Topper.
You could argue he is ruthless because he ditched the UWE deal as he didn’t get the deal he wanted…. Despite knowing it would be devastating to Gasheads at the time .
As he explained clearly in his interview, that he sees the Gas as a love and an investment. By improving the infrastructure and climbing the leagues losses will hopefully fall and we may even post profits in the future .
If he bought the Gas for ( total guess) £5m
, he’s spends 100m to get the Club into the championship in a new stadium….. how much is the club worth then ? I’d argue a lot more than £105m .

• Haha 18

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

They really haven’t got the slightest have they ?

I’m sure he knows a lot more about business than you and I Topper.
You could argue he is ruthless because he ditched the UWE deal as he didn’t get the deal he wanted…. Despite knowing it would be devastating to Gasheads at the time .
As he explained clearly in his interview, that he sees the Gas as a love and an investment. By improving the infrastructure and climbing the leagues losses will hopefully fall and we may even post profits in the future .
If he bought the Gas for ( total guess) £5m
, he’s spends 100m to get the Club into the championship in a new stadium….. how much is the club worth then ? I’d argue a lot more than £105m .

Probably about 15 - 20% of that for a low end yo-yo club. You could pick up Rotherham, Blackpool or Wigan for that I should think.