IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Or that their club historian tacked an extra 10 years on to how old their club actually is!

Still, exaggerating figures......'It's what they do!'

To be honest, when you see the state of their fans, their manager, their owner, their kit, their league position, their stadium, their PR, their toilets, their disabled facilities, their rat traps, their food and drink etc. etc it’s quite an easy mistake to make.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Swede said:

Where do they get these needy morons from? "yes, yes, but it has to be biggerer than trashton . . ." to house the 30,000 sags they'll need pontoons for the fruit market, always assuming they have enough car parks to satisfy the planners!  

I take it Sing up gas hasn't been to MK Dons if he's using that stadium as an example.

As a club they've never filled it. In the end they closed the upper tier to fans, and started even stripping seats from the bottom tier as well.

An absolute cluster of a ground, and hardly one to use as an example of a ground to aspire to.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

As a club they've never filled it.

Sounds similar to a local club we all know and Love  , well know.

On another note. How long before the Women's team get a higher attendance than the squatters ? And does that mean they need a bigger stadium too ???

Screenshot2023-04-24at19_01_40.png.fcf0366d181c9861d5afded3694ea46e.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

On another note. How long before the Women's team get a higher attendance than the squatters ? And does that mean they need a bigger stadium too ???

I would say attendances at quite a few WSL games next season at Ashton Gate will trounce their figure.

That’ll be the perfect time for them to Mind The Gap ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Not very long if they do ok up in the top division.

Remember the Gas announce total attendance, including away fans. There's between 500-1000 away fans at any single League One game at the Mem. So when they say 9,000 attended that's realistically 8,500 Gas tops.

In women's football away travel isn't as much of a thing as it is in men's. I'm sure it's growing, but right now away visitor numbers are tiny. So an announcement of any attendance is almost entirely pure home support.

So 7,000 is probably only about 1,000-1,500 shy of the home attendance the Gas are getting.

I suspect that in the WSL the home games against the big teams could well bring in crowds of high 4 figures. 

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

However, get a new stadium, carry on the quarters developments and get us into the championship then I would say he’s looking at a profit and we would be worth around £125m as we would be oven ready for a promotion push to the promised land. 

Oven ready? Like a turkey?

Can you imagine that shower even surviving in the Championship let alone the Premier League? They can barely manage mid table in League one FFS.

27 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

However, get a new stadium, carry on the quarters developments and get us into the championship then I would say he’s looking at a profit and we would be worth around £125m as we would be oven ready for a promotion push to the promised land. 

Oven ready? Like a turkey?

The term ‘oven ready’ is discredited having been formerly used by a compulsive, abject liar making false promises, causing deluded people to believe him. Appropriate it’s now being re-used by 15ers. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, HoldenBall said:

480 for a derby.. that’s possibly some of the worst away support I think I have ever seen. Rovers away support only travel to grounds they haven’t been too for 20 years.. potful 

Even though this is described as a ‘Derby’ at 125 miles away it hardly qualifies.

Curiosity got to me, and Vale Park is 127 miles away, that would never be considered as a local match up.

Not getting away from 480 being poor given their constant claims of mass travelling fans.

33 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Even though this is described as a ‘Derby’ at 125 miles away it hardly qualifies.

Curiosity got to me, and Vale Park is 127 miles away, that would never be considered as a local match up.

Not getting away from 480 being poor given their constant claims of mass travelling fans.

That figure almost defies belief.

It is a derby - In the same geographic region, ie what the rest of the country considers populated by “Oo-arrr” cider-swilling buck toothed inbreeds who have unnaturally close relationship with their livestock and crunch carrots (I resemble that remark, although never cared for raw carrots…), and more importantly there is a fair bit of rivalry between the clubs.

It’s the rivalry, plus the fact they could actually throw a serious spanner in the PAFC promotion works (unlikely, but there are always ridiculous results at this stage of the season) that makes that number of tickets sold almost defy belief. Be interested to see how many actually do end up going. Anything under 1000 and they deserve shedloads of abuse considering how they’re always pouncing on games up north where we have small travelling contingents.

Nothing comparable with Port Vale aside from the fact Snakey now plays for them. Plus given the regional slant it (Home Park) somehow “feels” a lot closer anyway.

Edited by WessexPest
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, HoldenBall said:

Rovers away support only travel to grounds they haven’t been too for 20 years..

Yep.

Then they try to make out that it’s the norm for them to take 3k everywhere despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. ?

Didn’t we take about 600-700 down there for a pre season kickabout? I remember we sold the 650 tickets they gave us plus pay in the day? 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Just for the interest of balance, the last time we travelled to Plymouth in the league was also a Tuesday night 13 years ago. We took 800 for what was our 3rd away game in 7 days (as well as Palace and Reading). Incomparable really

Yes, very true.

3rd of 3 away games in a week and we had taken 2000 to Reading 3 days before.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Just for the interest of balance, the last time we travelled to Plymouth in the league was also a Tuesday night 13 years ago. We took 800 for what was our 3rd away game in 7 days (as well as Palace and Reading). Incomparable really

Ah but what you don’t know is that one of them has confirmed on their match day thread that the away following tonight will be exactly half that of a Saturday. No evidence for any of that of course but I believe them. (For balance ours would have been exactly 7 / 16ths so they are definitely better than us…..they said so).

• Admin
43 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Going against the grain here but i dislike Plymouth with as much passion as i dislike Rovers and would love to see them blow it so for once i will take a fewers win.

I know what you mean, but it's a different dislike for each team

But yeah would love to see Plymouth "POP"

• Like 1