IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

They have GOT to allocate a certain % and you can bet your life it's more than 400............no it's just they couldn't be arsed     (it's what they do ) !

Think teams can get an allocation of about 2k at Plymouth if required.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"Whilst our billionaire owner is waiting for somebody to plan, build and pay for a new stadium in the next decade or so Plymouth have just got on and developed their existing ground."

The bitterness

I actually saw that and found it a refreshing piece of realisation........

Either that or it was an imposter from here!

11 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Apologies if posted elsewhere. 

If you thought the photo of their away support was embarrassing. Listen to this deluded fool!!

It's just really strange, almost cult like the way that people involved with that group start spouting the same lies and exaggerations. "10k at the Mem" "stadium build" "will bring in 7-8k" more people. And it's all said without challenge which shows that the mentality even spreads to the reporters.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Standard management rhetoric from almost any industry.

Summed up it is all 'jam tomorrow'

From wiki:-

Jam tomorrow is an expression for a never-fulfilled promise, or for some pleasant event in the future, which is never likely to materialize.

Also a hint that he is looking to go elsewhere, a man with an ego like his isn't going to admit he might get sacked, so to say "whether it's within in my tenure" can only mean one thing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's just really strange, almost cult like the way that people involved with that group start spouting the same lies and exaggerations. "10k at the Mem" "stadium build" "will bring in 7-8k" more people. And it's all said without challenge which shows that the mentality even spreads to the reporters.

'bigger fanbase than Plymuff'.

I mean c'mon you know!!!

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Also a hint that he is looking to go elsewhere, a man with an ego like his isn't going to admit he might get sacked, so to say "whether it's within in my tenure" can only mean one thing.

That is a good point, his ego is what drives his behaviour. Puts others down to make himself sound better, mentioned about young players still learning the game, in other words not as good as himself.

That isn't leadership. Good leaders inspire others whilst being modest about themselves.

10 hours ago, TomF said:

Is me or is the footprint not that big.  Surely the developer wants mixed use/residential? When you look at the AG footprint it wouldn’t leave space for much else.   

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Maybe the reason they have taken the £450k option is to see if they can do deals with some of the other units around that area. As it stands it's going to be a strange development if it is surrounded by all those industrial and business units.

The footprint of the Ashton Gate stadium (just the pitch, stands and walkways behind the Dolman, Atyeo and Lansdown stands) would take up approximately 50% of the fruit market. Add an access road and car park and it’s 60-70%.  If the developer wants residential use as well (which will also involve access roads), then it means there will be a very small ground, other land will be purchased or a combination of the two 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

'bigger fanbase than Plymuff'.

I mean c'mon you know!!!

Potential fan base for Plymouth is huge, their nearest rivals across 2 maybe even 3 counties are Exeter and they 40 miles away. It's probably twice or even 3 times the size of what the Rovers can ever hope to muster in this area.

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

They have GOT to allocate a certain % and you can bet your life it's more than 400............no it's just they couldn't be arsed     (it's what they do ) !

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

Think teams can get an allocation of about 2k at Plymouth if required.

There was something a bit further back on this thread which, I think, was copied from the Sag forum. 

Something was mentioned about it being sold out, then not being sold out, and there was a bit of confusion about this. This was cleared up by the Plymouth supporter coming on and saying "you never sold your allocation so the remaining tickets were released to the home supporters."

The loyal and true couldn't sell out their allocation, despite it being a Derby, and all this whilst always spouting about their amazing support both home and away.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, supercidered said:

If you thought the photo of their away support was embarrassing. Listen to this deluded fool!!

So, get a brand new stadium, double your attendances, sign half a new squad and that's the recipe for promotion.

Geni-arse.

• Like 2

I am from Wiltshire, not Bristol so don't have a feel for their chances of doubling their support.

Times are tough. It is one thing to wear your teams shirt around town but another thing to commit to season tickets or attend regularly. This is why I have so much respect for those that do.

As Eric Morecambe said, he was playing all the right notes just in the wrong order. Just building a new stadium and expecting people to fill it won't work. They would get some that attend just to see the new ground but that would be a short term effect.

They need to own a good team under a manager that they all support - it seems not all Rovers fans like him. Get promotion and become a solid Championship side.

The way they are doing it is around the opportunity of the FM. It is like spending money on your car paintwork whilst the tyres are shot.

This will come down to money as with all things. Spend on the squad first, build the new stand at the Mem. Going down the FM route as a priority is fraught with business risk and as others have said, smacks of publicity to impress the fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supercidered said:

The delusion of Joey and Co is excellent to hear (and read).

Truly exceptional stuff what they all constantly spout and actually believe, and without any questions to their claims, and the huge majority of the fanbase just laps it all up.

Some on their forum predicted an away following of 1100 or 1200 for last night. The sensible ones were saying around 500, not too far off to be fair.

As I said earlier, I wonder if the Joey factor is an overall negative for their fan base. I just wouldn't be comfortable supporting a team with him leading it. In comparison Nige is a voice of reason and level headed calm. He doesn't like journos and their rubbish questions but that is fine by me.

• Admin
43 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

There’s a great video of Joey doing the rounds on social media this morning. I tried posting a link, but it didn’t work.

I’ll try again 

Send it to me on Facebook messenger if you have any problems and I will see if I can add it in for you