IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Jeeeeesus, one of the away day pages on Instagram just popped up for me with a photo of a Fewer holding a Scum flag outside the entrance to a certain Polish monument to 20th Century genocide.

Not going to post it, as it’s deeply offensive (and that’s just the poxy flag) but who the Hell would visit that place and pose for a picture with a bloody football flag? Poor taste doesn’t even begin to cover it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Jeeeeesus, one of the away day pages on Instagram just popped up for me with a photo of a Fewer holding a Scum flag outside the entrance to a certain Polish monument to 20th Century genocide.

Not going to post it, as it’s deeply offensive (and that’s just the poxy flag) but who the Hell would visit that place and pose for a picture with a bloody football flag? Poor taste doesn’t even begin to cover it.

Unfortunately I have seen it (on this thread a few years back I think), everyone was naturally outraged.

For fairness and balance, it was roundly condemned by the Fewers as well. 

Twunts walk among us, thankfully most people are more human than that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

I think it's doing the rounds because there was another photo done on the railway lines, leading into it. Incredible bad taste and a lot of people calling them out. I thought about the photo you describe, so others thought the same. Like you I thought it would be out of order posting it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think it's doing the rounds because there was another photo done on the railway lines, leading into it. Incredible bad taste and a lot of people calling them out. I thought about the photo you describe, so others thought the same. Like you I thought it would be out of order posting it.

Ah, OK. I hadn’t seen it and it popped up unsolicited. So didn’t realise it was old. As you were, back to mocking their paltry backing at Plymuff. ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not sure I'm following what the cocking-womble is going on here.

Any context? 

Presumably their board doesn't have a swear filter or users are circumventing it and they don't think it fits with their family club image.

Singing songs about Matt Taylor dying though.......  nothing to see here...

This has to be one of us on a wind up. Despite no actual plans whatsoever, it is confirmed there will be a Nando’s in the stadium ?

gasheadowen
Youth Team
Apr 26, 2023 at 8:45pm
o2o2bo2ba likes this
Gave the Mrs and a mate a lift into town earlier as they're going to the Hippodrome and was making small talk with the Mrs' mate and turns out she works in HR and succession planning for Nandos.

Anyway turns out a site on their radar for expansion is at the Fruit Market, now I assumed this would be part of the wider development as I think they generally base themselves on monotonous retail parks, but no actually this planned site is IN THE STADIUM (it turns out in stadium sites are a big part of their expansion plans as people nowadays want more than a quick pie and Bovril), so yeh admittedly I'd never met this bird until 40 mins ago but seems quite a convoluted story to make up!
Edited by GreedyHarry
Formatting
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

This has to be one of us on a wind up. Despite no actual plans whatsoever, it is confirmed there will be a Nando’s in the stadium ?

gasheadowen
Youth Team
o2o2bo2ba likes this
Gave the Mrs and a mate a lift into town earlier as they're going to the Hippodrome and was making small talk with the Mrs' mate and turns out she works in HR and succession planning for Nandos.

Anyway turns out a site on their radar for expansion is at the Fruit Market, now I assumed this would be part of the wider development as I think they generally base themselves on monotonous retail parks, but no actually this planned site is IN THE STADIUM (it turns out in stadium sites are a big part of their expansion plans as people nowadays want more than a quick pie and Bovril), so yeh admittedly I'd never met this bird until 40 mins ago but seems quite a convoluted story to make up!

Imagine being so ******* dumb that not only would Nandos be in a football stadium….but someone who works in HR is part of the planning process ????

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

gasheadowen
Youth Team
o2o2bo2ba likes this

Henbury Gas in drag again?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

gasheadowen
Youth Team
o2o2bo2ba likes this

If you were opening a Nandos franchise at a new retail park that also had a football stadium, would you:

A: Open one in the Stadium that gets footfall every couple of weeks and shut the majority of the time or

B: Open one in the retail park where it is open to everyone 7 days per week from lunchtime until late evenings?

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

If you were opening a Nandos franchise at a new retail park that also had a football stadium, would you:

A: Open one in the Stadium that gets footfall every couple of weeks and shut the majority of the time or

B: Open one in the retail park where it is open to everyone 7 days per week from lunchtime until late evenings?

If this ever happened it would be facing out like our coffee shop, but I don’t know why he’s getting excited as the club will not see any money from it. All pie in the sky as the stadium ain’t happening anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

Wait, wait, I know this one........

Pop Tv Surprise GIF by Schitt's Creek

23 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Do you think the appearance of a genuine Row M might have caused some confusion when they got to the ground?

It was actual carnage when they realised Plymouth had a Row N,heads exploding and mass fainting.

• Haha 1