IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

The Weal of Misfortune said, "The new stand allows us to add more seating to the current stadium plan and increase the capacity which, following the success of the past two seasons, is something that will enable us to welcome more supporters to attend games."

Two years in which they've never sold out ?

• Haha 2

This is a much smaller version of the temporary stand at Bloomfield road isn't it?

Won't take long to bolt that together.

Still needs PP though I would assume.

Now, I've got a massive shed (guy we bought the house from stored his racing rowing boat in there), can I sing 'my garden shed is bigger than that' then?

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

"Think it’s the least we could do for away fans , so long as we can quickly dismantle it if we ever play the sh1te again ?"

We could do that ourselves and take it back to IKEA and get a refund

Has anyone got an Allen key? 

14 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

That would make a good crowd announcement:-

'Will all away fans please stop dismantling the stadium'.

I hope they didn't buy it from IKEA....

That might explain their low attendances.They went to IKEA to buy a new stand and couldn't find their way out.

• Haha 2
  • Robin 1

Erm…. anyone else thinking they haven’t a cat in hells chance of sorting out all the necessary consents by the start of next season, let alone build the thing. Also seems bizarre that Wael is spending money improving The Swamp when his new stadium deal is so close to being clinched. 

They just lap it up, don’t they. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

I’m no legal expert on planning but my spidey senses are telling me that, “a planning application has been submitted” is different to “planning permission has been obtained.”

Still I’m sure nothing will go wrong ?‍♂️

Well there’s certainly no planning application on the council planning portal. They may have submitted plans but over the past couple of years the council have been very slow loading up onto the portal and then they have a huge backlog reviewing applications.

No chance of getting planning reviewed, approved, construction started and completed by August……unless of course brown envelopes are floating across the council chambers 

• Like 3

The Bristol Post have managed to capture the thought processes of a multi-billionaire owner of a football club dreaming up his vision of a no expense spared new stand ...

1_Untitled-design-7.png

Bristol Rovers president Wael Al-Qadi and the proposed new South Stand (Pictures: JMP/Bristol Rovers)

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-new-south-stand-8398066

Edited by SirColinOfMansfield
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The Bristol Post have managed to capture the thought processes of a multi-billionaire owner of a football dreaming up his vision of a no expense spared new stand ...

1_Untitled-design-7.png

Bristol Rovers president Wael Al-Qadi and the proposed new South Stand (Pictures: JMP/Bristol Rovers)

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-new-south-stand-8398066

I have to say, that just made me laugh out loud :clapping: