IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The Bristol Post have managed to capture the thought processes of a multi-billionaire owner of a football club dreaming up his vision of a no expense spared new stand ...

1_Untitled-design-7.png

Bristol Rovers president Wael Al-Qadi and the proposed new South Stand (Pictures: JMP/Bristol Rovers)

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-new-south-stand-8398066

I have a dream -

Or is it a nightmare?

Clearly a fan of brutalism - simple form,...functionality(?),...minimalist(?)

Edited by Son of Fred

8 hours ago, beaverface said:

It's difficult to tell, but is that terracing in the upper back part of the cowshed, or was it seating?

I only went into the enclosure in front of the stand but I’m sure it was basic wooden bench seating. 

42 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There were barriers in there so if there were benches as well that would have made it the very first "safe standing" area. :)

Looking at the picture, I don’t think there were barriers. I think that, what sort of, looks like barriers are the wooden benches. Is there anyone who went in this stand who can confirm what it was like? 

Must admit in my initial desire to take the piss out of the one behind the goal I completely missed the “structure” to the right, that basically is a bus shelter, isn’t it? Looks ridiculous.

With regards to planning permission it isn’t my field of expertise but I’m sure you can carry on with all preparatory work in advance (if you’re brave you can actually crack on without it at risk you’ll have to dismantle).

There are huge backlogs outstanding as a result of the pandemic but replacing one structure with a similar height one is highly unlikely to be contentious & so provided it does get nodded through I can’t see it being a problem.

Looks absolutely shit, though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

To be fair he’s responsible for every player that he ever played alongside, managed or spoke to’s success.

But not for any who didn’t make it, oh no that was all completely down to them.

I get why the media like talking to him, he provides plenty of copy but he’s an obnoxious delusional narcissist who is only walking free because he can afford incredibly expensive lawyers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Must admit in my initial desire to take the piss out of the one behind the goal I completely missed the “structure” to the right, that basically is a bus shelter, isn’t it? Looks ridiculous.

With regards to planning permission it isn’t my field of expertise but I’m sure you can carry on with all preparatory work in advance (if you’re brave you can actually crack on without it at risk you’ll have to dismantle).

There are huge backlogs outstanding as a result of the pandemic but replacing one structure with a similar height one is highly unlikely to be contentious & so provided it does get nodded through I can’t see it being a problem.

Looks absolutely shit, though.

Wouldn't they also have to have some sort of "practice game" to ensure all the exits etc conform to the SAG standard? 

I can't see planning permission being an issue, they are only replacing one temporary structure with another, it's not like they are building on empty ground. I am sure there will be a lot of pissed off residents in Bristol if their application is fast tracked though. Still, we know what Wael of Fortune is like when it comes to timescales, and how much slack they are willing to give him.

Ready for League 2 season 24/25 it is then. :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Insert the word ‘rugby’ and fair enough, but “rich footballing history”?!?IMG_3556.thumb.jpeg.8b9f37cfe10682c039fe5ec043567c5b.jpeg

Only stadium in the country where a team has been relegated by another one wearing their shirt 

Edit: ground not stadium

Edited by luke_bristol
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Looking at the picture, I don’t think there were barriers. I think that, what sort of, looks like barriers are the wooden benches. Is there anyone who went in this stand who can confirm what it was like? 

Sat in there a couple of times, definitely wooden benches with painted lines marking each seating space. 

• Like 1

From Bristol Live (AKA BRFC Supporters Rag);

The Mem’s capacity currently stands at 9,832 with Rovers having to reduce it in the wake of Covid-19 and the greater safety regulations that resulted after the pandemic. The Gas’ average attendance, with one remaining League One fixture to be held in BS7, this season has been 8,853 - the ninth largest in the division.

Didn't I read they chose to drop capacity as over 10k would incur higher costs through restrictions ? 
They average 1000 below capacity, and that isn't all from away teams not selling out, be interesting to see the massive boost in attendances when the new Lego stand is built.
Planning has been applied for apparently, but the site is saying 8 weeks for small scale and 13 + for larger scale. If you say 3 month to get it past planning, that's July. Doesn't leave long to knock up a Stand does it.

Edited by 1960maaan

20 minutes ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

Sat in there a couple of times, definitely wooden benches with painted lines marking each seating space. 

We’re there any barriers in front of the benches? 

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

From Bristol Live (AKA BRFC Supporters Rag);

The Mem’s capacity currently stands at 9,832 with Rovers having to reduce it in the wake of Covid-19 and the greater safety regulations that resulted after the pandemic. The Gas’ average attendance, with one remaining League One fixture to be held in BS7, this season has been 8,853 - the ninth largest in the division.

Didn't I read they chose to drop capacity as over 10k would incur higher costs through restrictions ? 
They average 1000 below capacity, and that isn't all from away teams not selling out, be interesting to see the massive boost in attendances when the new Lego stand is built.
Planning has been applied for apparently, but the site is saying 8 weeks for small scale and 13 + for larger scale. If you say 3 month to get it past planning, that's July. Doesn't leave long to knock up a Stand does it.

They`ve already got some retired chippies putting it together in the car park, just to keep their hand in. 

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

According to those who have looked on the website it hasn’t been yet.

Without saying too much here I can think of a few people at BCC who might just make sure this application is pushed through a lot quicker than the average house loft extension..

55 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Why the **** is it a weird L shape? If you’re in the corner, you won’t be able to see a thing?! And why are they different heights??

******* brilliant. Imagine the bar being so low you get excited by this. 

See what you mean (excuse pun), sat right in the corner low down you won't be able to see across to the nearest goal. However, since the average attendance is about 3,000 below the new capacity there should room elsewhere to change seats so that's fine, nothing to see here (oh that's another pun, must stop doing that).

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Why the **** is it a weird L shape? If you’re in the corner, you won’t be able to see a thing?! And why are they different heights??

******* brilliant. Imagine the bar being so low you get excited by this. 

Been thinking about this myself. If you're sat in the smaller side stand and you're looking across to a corner on the far side, you literally have 6 or 7 pillars blocking your view!

I'm sure when they release the video fly through we'll be able to check.