IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5/3/14 (Sorry, force of habit!)

Ah, the memories. I was at my son’s own football match and was doing a jig on the touchline when the FT score was confirmed; the other parents were asking “was that your son who just scored?” To which I replied nope, the Gash had just been relegated to the non-leagues, to universal American perplexity.

Little did we know that afternoon the fun was just beginning; the scenes on the pitch at the Pisspoorial afterwards, their pathetic attempts during the summer to get their relegation overturned (“wYCOMBE aRE cHEATS!”), hilarious defeats to such colossi of the game as Altrincham, Bath and Braintree (with their ********* embarrassingly causing trouble at the latter), and meanwhile we lay the ghost of 1990 and - the ultimate bit of trolling - picking up the EFL Trophy while they were out of the EFL.

Absolutely, completely, utterly, ruddy marvellous.

Edited by WessexPest
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

Apparently, the scorer of Shrews first goal was an ex-rovers player. According to Joey Bag, he showed disrespect by goading the blue few after he scored.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joey-barton-blasts-disrespectful-ex-8407785?int_source=nba

The irony - that deluded thug calling someone else disrespectful after all he's said and done.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Apparently, the scorer of Shrews first goal was an ex-rovers player. According to Joey Bag, he showed disrespect by goading the blue few after he scored.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joey-barton-blasts-disrespectful-ex-8407785?int_source=nba

The irony - that deluded thug calling someone else disrespectful after all he's said and done.

Biggest cockwomble going.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Disrespectful and oversaw a shambles as captain….yet after the game at the Mem earlier in the season, Barton publicly said that he said to Leahy he wanted to re-sign him. 

Right…..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

The trouble with this headbanger is that he courts controversy whenever he opens his large mouth. This filters down to the feeble minded bonehead who thinks its fair game to constantly verbal abuse ex players or think its funny to give ex players death threats. Its small wonder that the lemmings follow and do exactly the same.

What I find strange is that his employer turns a blind eye to all of this, which in itself is quite revealing. "Family"  club, you're having a laugh.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

I know this word is overused, but Barton is pure scum. Hypocrite. Good work Agent Leahy, you must be a secret Ted! ?

I wouldn't employ the whey faced scouse rodent as a pox doctor's clerk, let alone as a football manager.

(Actually that.would be a hefty step up from the gas gig).

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Swede said:

The trouble with this headbanger is that he courts controversy whenever he opens his large mouth. This filters down to the feeble minded bonehead who thinks its fair game to constantly verbal abuse ex players or think its funny to give ex players death threats. Its small wonder that the lemmings follow and do exactly the same.

What I find strange is that his employer turns a blind eye to all of this, which in itself is quite revealing. "Family"  club, you're having a laugh.

There are ex-City players who'd be booed or jeered (for various reasons) if and when they return to Ashton Gate. Others, like Josh Brownhill, get the respectful welcome of someone who had been a model pro for us - and he of course reciprocated that respect by clapping City fans. 

But I could never imagine City fans singing songs hoping for the death of one of our ex-players or posting that they want him seriously injured or to fall ill.

That level of unpleasantness seems to breed among the swamplike conditions of the Mem, and you are right to note that a disrespectful a-hole like Barton encourages the mentality. 

• Like 8

Decided to watch their highlights to check on the goal celebration. I was expecting Leahy to pause facing the Rovers fans and dish out some words but he just turns from the far post, runs past them looking/pointing at them then celebrates with the home crowd adjacent to that end. Something you see every game. I am sometimes critical of goal celebrations being over the top but there is nothing for JB to get upset about.

As for disrespectful, coming from him? What can you say?

BTW, very good saves from the Shrews keeper 2nd half to keep them ahead, Rovers had the chances. See Joey? Not too difficult to be objective.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Its like he lives in a bubble.

"As captain he has his finger prints all over that relegation"

Says the man who A) Made him captain B) Took them down to league two

• Like 7

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

He really is a bitter little whining James Hunt isn’t he.   He never ever stops digging at others to deflect his obvious deficiencies.  A match made in heaven with the blue few. 

• Flames 1

22 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Its like he lives in a bubble.

"As captain he has his finger prints all over that relegation"

Says the man who A) Made him captain B) Took them down to league two

Didn't you hear? That relegation had absolutely nothing to do with him whatsoever.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

He really is a bitter little whining James Hunt isn’t he.   He never ever stops digging at others to deflect his obvious deficiencies.  A match made in heaven with the blue few. 

It’s a perfect fit indeed. He has worked those dullards out a treat though. I do wonder if he means all of this guff or is just saying it to keep the bestist fans in the solar system on his side .

Maybe he knows they love to play the victim and cook up deranged theories as to how the world is plotting against them , so he is playing to that with his rants.

• Like 1

"Joey Barton said ex-Bristol Rovers captain Luke Leahy was "disrespectful" to his former fans after celebrating in front of the away end during Shrewsbury Town's win at the New Meadow on Tuesday."

......but he has never been "disrespectful" to any of the teams that have been better than his shower this season???

6 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Sam Frost uncritically reports all this shit as well.

He is undoubtedly the most biased & sycophantic reporter the Post has ever employed (last night’s HT Tweet was a real gem) “Rovers the better side despite the score line, should have had a couple of penalties, I can see them winning this one”.

He’s moving on at season’s end, that’s either because he’s been hired by Kim Jong-Un or he’s finally breaking free of the Merseyside crime syndicate.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He is undoubtedly the most biased & sycophantic reporter the Post has ever employed (last night’s HT Tweet was a real gem) “Rovers the better side despite the score line, should have had a couple of penalties, I can see them winning this one”.

He’s moving on at season’s end, that’s either because he’s been hired by Kim Jong-Un or he’s finally breaking free of the Merseyside crime syndicate.

Or he's been given the boot..

30 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Or he's been given the boot..

37 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He'll have to get used to someone else's shit on the end of his nose !

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I heard Kim Jong Un considered his reporting to be too biased, and therefore likely to lack the level of credibility North Korea looks for in their reporting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3