IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So he didn't want to play him as he didn't want to risk an injury from a glorified Rugby team, yet he brought him on anyway on 57 minutes. 

The actual state Barton gets himself into with his post match lies and delusions is brilliant to read. Is there another manager anywhere in the football league who gets as bitter, and simply cannot handle a defeat with any grace.

Another game, another loss, and another load of excuses that doesn't include Joey Barton as part of the reason why they lost. It's uncanny how it keeps happening, they keep getting beat by teams that are always worse than them, yet these worse teams have all finished higher than them after a full season. Uncanny I tell thee.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Any club owner with an ounce of credibility would fire him but Wally seems to think these types of comments about other clubs are great. Accident waiting to happen.

We don't want that to happen, he gives us so much comedy gold and add in their fans lap it up, it's brilliant to watch. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yes, I fondly remember the "hoof it and chase it football" that Cotts had us playing in our promotion season. :whistle:

I never really warmed to him and thought he shot himself in both feet come the end, but he showed that with the right players at his disposal he could play any brand of football effectively. Barton seems to be judging on reputation rather than facts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedHienz said:

Barton is better then every other manager in that league - in his own bizarre mind. 

This sums him up. 

Joey Barton gives middle finger to Spurs fans after being spotted ...

The bloke on the right is doing the "we are not worthy" gesture with his hands.

Only problem for Barton is that it doesn't appear to be aimed at him ! ?

36 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To paraphrase: We got beaten by a "glorified rugby team" with no fans.

The same "rugby" team 6 points clear of the team coached by this self style "Messiah"?

I think that says everything we need to know about Joey's abilities as a manager.

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

The bloke on the right is doing the "we are not worthy" gesture with his hands.

Only problem for Barton is that it doesn't appear to be aimed at him ! ?

I think someone from the Spurs end asked how many years Barton's next stretch will be. JB reckons 1, his mate got him down for a 10...

53 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hahahaha. ******* excellent. 

I really think he’s not far off basically resigning live in a post match presser. He has some serious mental issues that bloke. 

Attendance stats; the last time rag-arsed rovers averaged over 20,000 was in 1958. All of those people from 65 years ago will come back if they ever get a decent stadium, fact.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/bric.htm

Edited by CiderJar

Just now, CiderJar said:

Attendance stats; the last time rag-arsed rovers averaged over 20,000 was in 1958. All of those people from 65 years ago will come back if they ever get a decent stadium, fact.

That cannot be right. didn't Joey say they have 10,000 Gasheads every week and with a new ground they would have 17,000 because they have the fanbase there. I mean the poor Saggies wouldn't be making up attendance figures would they, it's not like they have previous for it..... 

30 minutes ago, TheReds said:

That cannot be right. didn't Joey say they have 10,000 Gasheads every week and with a new ground they would have 17,000 because they have the fanbase there. I mean the poor Saggies wouldn't be making up attendance figures would they, it's not like they have previous for it..... 

What's funnier is that you know they revel in this "little old Rovers stuff", a new ground where they will get an initial uplift from novelty alone, would have them posting about, "glory hunter's", "Johnny come lately's" and bemoaning "how special the atmosphere used to be".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Can’t seem to find it . How many loan players have they got ?  

IIRC they’ve got:

Coburn (FW, Middlesbrough)

Balcombe (GK, Brentford)

Quansah (DF, Liverpool)

Bogarde (MF, Villa)

Gibson (DF, Everton)

I think 3 of 5 are regular starters

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Pathway blockers!

There will be another load next season too, along with more freebies who will last a season or less, it's a great business model for the ongoing success over there. The self confessed genius knows what he is doing as he has offered advice to other managers/teams/players etc etc. How any club or manager thinks that is feasible for longterm success I don't know, but haven't they got rid of the academy or Al Quidi no longer wants it?

It will be rinse and repeat season after season, and if they did manage to go up they would be screwed to get the next level of loans where they have to pay serious money for, or actually pay decent wages and fees for another set of players, as they won't have their own players ready to make the step up.

I honestly think if they managed to go up it would be a bigger disaster for them rather than staying where they are in League One.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheReds said:

I honestly think if they managed to go up it would be a bigger disaster for them rather than staying where they are in League One.

I will be very much in the minority on here - I'd love to see them scrape up.

The view of them going back down with a record lowest points total would be spectacular!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Edited by cityal
replied to wrong post!!!

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Doesn’t this support that it would see an increase? The City stats show just 7,000-8,000 at AG in the mid-late 90’s, then averages of 11,000-12,000 in 2013-16 and a dramatic increase in average once the ground improvements took place and the team performed consistently in the 2nd tier… same at Hull, Swansea, Brighton, Blackpool, Brentford, etc really too…

1 hour ago, WinterstokeRoad said:

Doesn’t this support that it would see an increase? The City stats show just 7,000-8,000 at AG in the mid-late 90’s, then averages of 11,000-12,000 in 2013-16 and a dramatic increase in average once the ground improvements took place and the team performed consistently in the 2nd tier… same at Hull, Swansea, Brighton, Blackpool, Brentford, etc really too…

Not sure those attendances are stadium related albeit a factor. Don't forget average attendances in the first division at that time were circa 25,000. The whole football thing boomed in the early 2000's with the advent of Sky, Internet, mobile phones, safer better stadiums, population growth...so many factors.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

Yeah that’s a real positive isn’t it… given he’s not their player and they’ll be losing him in 5 days time. 

946F5E1F-3020-4E7C-9F06-6BE6AF7046EF.jpeg

When he says 'goalscoring form', the goal was headed in from about a yard out into an open net unchallenged via a cross that came off the crossbar and wrong footed the defence. Coburn did what he needed to do but not exactly 'form'.

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

IIRC they’ve got:

Coburn (FW, Middlesbrough)

Balcombe (GK, Brentford)

Quansah (DF, Liverpool)

Bogarde (MF, Villa)

Gibson (DF, Everton)

I think 3 of 5 are regular starters

All 5 of them started at Shrewsbury.

For a side who had absolutely nothing to play for I struggle to understand the logic behind all of them starting in end of season games like this, but clearly (in his own mind anyway) Barton is some sort of football genius.

Cotts was very keen to point out (twice) afterwards that his budget was little more than half of Barton’s, the implication clearly being that as he’s finished above him in the league & taken 4 points from 6 that’s not bad for a “rugby team” who “hump it & chase it”.

You get the impression these two really don’t like each other, don’t you?

• Like 2