IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

46 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Jesus F'ing wept ?‍♂️

I'm by no means Barton's biggest fan, but he's certainly more eloquent and intelligent than meathead Pearson or any of their recent incumbents. Barton doesn't do himself any favours in press conferences, but still comes across better than Pearson, who seems a bit of an unpleasant and sneering bully.

I've heard some say that for a perfect example of an unpleasant and sneering bully, coupled with being a violent thug with convictions and court appearances as long as yer arm, the person in charge (along with his scouse mafia) at that tinpot, two bit, chicken shit, tiny outfit in North Bristol fits the bill nicely.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I've heard some say that for a perfect example of an unpleasant and sneering bully, coupled with being a violent thug with convictions and court appearances as long as yer arm, the person in charge (along with his scouse mafia) at that tinpot, two bit, chicken shit, tiny outfit in North Bristol fits the bill nicely.

Is that how you really think of them ?

10 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

The BBC knows.......

Reading are 'playing for pride and the fans'

Reading head into their final game of the season away to Huddersfield on Monday with a dark cloud of uncertainty looming over them as they prepare for League One.

Williams says the Royals cannot underestimate what lies ahead.

"Some people might be saying we're going down to bounce back up, but you can be in League One for a very long time, and big clubs have been," he warned.

"Look at the league and you'll see you are going to Cheltenham, Exeter and Bristol Rovers and you may be being a little bit disrespectful.

"But then look elsewhere and there is Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Bolton, Charlton - all big clubs historically.

"This season has been disaster after disaster for Reading and it hurts me to say that.

Absolute superb. 

I'm very surprised he never said he can't wait to go and see his "second team" at the Stadium that had more improvements than Tottenham just 12 months ago.

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Jesus F'ing wept ?‍♂️

I'm by no means Barton's biggest fan, but he's certainly more eloquent and intelligent than meathead Pearson or any of their recent incumbents. Barton doesn't do himself any favours in press conferences, but still comes across better than Pearson, who seems a bit of an unpleasant and sneering bully.

Has he forgotten about Barton basically squaring up to an opposition player live on radio Bristol post match?? ????

41 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

The BBC knows.......

Reading head into their final game of the season away to Huddersfield on Monday with a dark cloud of uncertainty looming over them as they prepare for League One.

"Some people might be saying we're going down to bounce back up, but you can be in League One for a very long time, and big clubs have been," he warned.

"Look at the league and you'll see you are going to Cheltenham, Exeter and Bristol Rovers and you may be being a little bit disrespectful.

"But then look elsewhere and there is Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Bolton, Charlton - all big clubs historically.

"This season has been disaster after disaster for Reading and it hurts me to say that.

Beat me to it. I was just thinking 3 separate articles on the BBC website about Reading's relegation was complete overkill for such a plastic outfit. Then read this. 

Fair play to Williams. A decent centre half in his day and now, clearly, a decent judge of a football club. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, WinterstokeRoad said:

Redevelopment kicked in after the end of the 2013 season when the average had been 13.3k with no closures, and first season after full redevelopment was done in 2016 was almost 50% up at 19.3k so there’s a definite jump in those figures posted. The Hull one on the same site says the same:

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/hulc.htm

as does the Brighton one:

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/bha.htm

as does the Swansea one:

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/swac.htm

The 'build it and they will come' theory is great and could well apply to the saggy arabs, but they are consistently failing to 'build it'.

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

The 'build it and they will come' theory is great and could well apply to the saggy arabs, but they are consistently failing to 'build it'.

But at the same time, how much floating support is there to be mopped up still?

I get the mythical 40-bazillion at Wembley, but that was just day trippers, if they get a new stadium, they'll have to move their marketing machine in to overdrive to get any traction, and that would only be possible by targeting the armchair supporters and Sky subscribers, to do that they would need to offer a very competitive deal, and to keep them a really competitive season ticket deal.

Do they advertise at the moment (haven't seen them on Sky Sports flogging tickets), and do over half of their regular support have season tickets, probably not. 

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

But at the same time, how much floating support is there to be mopped up still?

I get the mythical 40-bazillion at Wembley, but that was just day trippers, if they get a new stadium, they'll have to move their marketing machine in to overdrive to get any traction, and that would only be possible by targeting the armchair supporters and Sky subscribers, to do that they would need to offer a very competitive deal, and to keep them a really competitive season ticket deal.

Do they advertise at the moment (haven't seen them on Sky Sports flogging tickets), and do over half of their regular support have season tickets, probably not. 

The other 70 EFL clubs will be bricking it, as the methane snorters keep insisting they are everyone’s second favourite team, as soon as the Cabbage Patch gets built (it won’t btw) the other fans will swap allegiance immediately so there will still be thousands locked out each match.

3 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

The BBC knows.......

Is he saying Rovers aren't one of the Big 6 then?

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Oh come on, surely anyone can make a mistake

article-0-0D6B916C00000578-975_468x361.j

mistake

Joey-Barton-fight.jpg

mistake

BARTONbeach-752x440.jpg

mistake

6a0128773aba66970c013486683578970c-800wi

mistake

Joey-Barton-fighting-on-a-night-out.jpg

every once in a while.

In the 3rd picture, some poor chap seems to be heading out to the sea for his daily cold water swim in the quiet of an empty ocean and all of a sudden gets caught up in a scrap by 3 hooligans. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

In the 3rd picture, some poor chap seems to be heading out to the sea for his daily cold water swim in the quiet of an empty ocean and all of a sudden gets caught up in a scrap by 3 hooligans. 

I think that was in Newquay.

Nice, laid back, friendly place.

Until Joey Bag and his mates turned up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

In the 3rd picture, some poor chap seems to be heading out to the sea for his daily cold water swim in the quiet of an empty ocean and all of a sudden gets caught up in a scrap by 3 hooligans

Our Manager, our Head of Football Operations and our Chief Scout. 

• Haha 1

Back in November their CEO wrote this: 'As all supporters will be aware, at the start of this season, we received a capacity reduction due to incidents at the end of last season, so these actions were required to mitigate future sanctions. This action resulted in a maximum capacity of 9,832.'

Yet I see they are now crowing about having a crowd of over 10k for this weekend (for the first time since 2019 apparently...)

How can they reduce the capacity to 9.8k and yet fit 10k in there when it pleases them once a season?

Edited by JBFC II

9 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Back in November their CEO wrote this: 'As all supporters will be aware, at the start of this season, we received a capacity reduction due to incidents at the end of last season, so these actions were required to mitigate future sanctions. This action resulted in a maximum capacity of 9,832.'

Yet I see they are now crowing about having a crowd of over 10k for this weekend (for the first time since 2019 apparently...)

How can they reduce the capacity to 9.8k and yet fit 10k in there when it pleases them once a season?

A big screen in the car park for the 20k that will be out there? Or are Bolton beaming it back to the Reebok and they`re counting the ones that go to that too?

#itswhattheydo

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

The BBC knows.......

So I take it that going to the Slumorial won’t be Reading’s Cup Final next year?

45,000 to Wembley and the 6th richest club in this country!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gert Mare said:

So I take it that going to the Slumorial won’t be Reading’s Cup Final next year?

You can say that again!

23 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

One can never get tired of these things!

The Sags had their annual Dean Windass get together last night. Holloway was there this time for the cock tugging fest.

What small time losers they are.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

The Sags had their annual Dean Windass get together last night. Holloway was there this time for the cock tugging fest.

Weird isn't it that their biggest draw is a fella who never played for them.

At least we got Colin Daniels a bottle of something fizzy and then left him alone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Good news.

The Fewers have a new worry in their quest to fret about attendance figures.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/21051/womens-sport

They are fearful that the Vixens might be challenging them for numbers.

Some paranoid little bunnies there ?

They’re already the 3rd best supported sports club in this City and could possibly be 4th IF they have a poor season and their fans forget where the Mem is.

Don’t think it’ll happen, they’ll be saved by bigger clubs away support for a start but imagine how embarrassing it WOULD be if the women actually did average the same or more? 

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Some paranoid little bunnies there ?

They’re already the 3rd best supported sports club in this City and could possibly be 4th IF they have a poor season and their fans forget where the Mem is.

Don’t think it’ll happen, they’ll be saved by bigger clubs away support for a start but imagine how embarrassing it WOULD be if the women actually did average the same or more? 

That won't happen as they get 10,000 every week according to Joey, and they will sell out the invisible stadium once it gets built.

22 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Jesus F'ing wept ?‍♂️

Wtf have I just read ??

23 hours ago, Swede said:

Totally agree. I recall that away match with swindle when they won the League in October, in the interview after the match you could see Cotts was seething. Fast forward to the return fixture & Wilbs coup de grace and Cotts celebrating. Luckily for barton 67354 I think Cotts has mellowed plus I also think that nasty bout of Covid has sadly taken its toll on him.

Spot on agree with all of the above , 

still love teasing swindle fans how they won the league in October but we won it when it counted in May 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

That just underpins everything that is wrong with that club. They are so obsessed with Bristol City. To regale a player in that manner who has no connection whatsoever with their club other than he scored against a rival.  The fact that skeletor was there is a stark reminder to all that that odius prig has no interest in Bristol sport as a whole despite what he may say publicly.

Small minded and totally tinpot.

What a bunch of wierdos.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

What was this? Only asking as a load would have went to a funeral yesterday in Rovers shirts so it could well have been the wake (up the Legion in Kingswood after the funeral)