IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Spare a thought please for all the thick Slagheads who were going off in their pants back in August about the ‘gap’ closing and the certain promotion they were going to achieve this year

They were at it again around Christmas.

Well done Sharton, great season ?

Finishing below all those teams you and your deluded, arrogant fans consider inferior ?

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Barton saying post match it’s a promise they’ll be challenging next season. 

I think he might have a point. There are some much bigger teams that they have consistently struggled and taken hammerings against no longer in the division next season.

With Accrington AND Morecambe out of the way I can see the play off chasers mounting yet another serious promotion push.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I must write to the BBC to complain. Their web site says Rovers missed out on the play offs by 24 points, but Joey was certain they were going up so the BBC league table page must be way out of date. Very poor.

If only they`d won eight or nine games more they`d be there.

#finemargins

7 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I must write to the BBC to complain. Their web site says Rovers missed out on the play offs by 24 points, but Joey was certain they were going up so the BBC league table page must be way out of date. Very poor.

Cambridge supporters were celebrating on the pitch after their game, having escaped relegation by a single point, ahead of MKD.

Cambridge finished just three places and seven points behind the 15’ers. 

• Haha 2

I was out with my dogs earlier and there was a Gashead parked up in his car talking on the phone,his conversation went like this "we were by far the better side and didnt deserve to lose the game,Bolton were poor.Bolton have no chance in the playoffs but the other three sides that are also in the playoffs were not very good sides either!"He then went on to say that when their new stand is built ready for next season they will attract fans back that have gone to Ashton Gate.He also mentioned that they would be pushing for top two next season going by how teams played against them this season!!Anyway i had enough of listening to his bullsh!t told him he was typical gas and deluded to which he replied f@@k off sh!thead and enjoy your relegation next season!!

they certainly are a weird bunch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They`re getting a bit twitchy over this seven subs thing. They reckon the ref has agreed they could make an extra one (yeah right) so their aged midfielder could get the oldest player record.

Course that`s exactly what a ref would do, jeopardise his career to satisfy the thug Barton. 

Points deduction incoming hopefully.

47 minutes ago, BS13 Robin said:

I was out with my dogs earlier and there was a Gashead parked up in his car talking on the phone,his conversation went like this "we were by far the better side and didnt deserve to lose the game,Bolton were poor.Bolton have no chance in the playoffs but the other three sides that are also in the playoffs were not very good sides either!"He then went on to say that when their new stand is built ready for next season they will attract fans back that have gone to Ashton Gate.He also mentioned that they would be pushing for top two next season going by how teams played against them this season!!Anyway i had enough of listening to his bullsh!t told him he was typical gas and deluded to which he replied f@@k off sh!thead and enjoy your relegation next season!!

they certainly are a weird bunch

Did he include the fact that it was a Bolton team who made 8 changes, and still beat them?

I can't see anywhere which indicates one of the Bolton players went off with concussion.

So it does seem that they fielded an extra sub, just seems odd that the 4th official and the referee didn't pick up on it.

If they have done, does anyone know the likely punishment ?

I don't remember it happening before.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I can't see anywhere which indicates one of the Bolton players went off with concussion.

So it does seem that they fielded an extra sub, just seems odd that the 4th official and the referee didn't pick up on it.

I'm happy to adjudicate on that decision if they need someone. 

• Haha 10

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Surely not a 12 point deduction….

?

Be the ref who is just as culpable I’d say. Cant imagine a punishment given that it didn’t make a material difference. 

I think they should be allowed 11 subs every week personally. The more influence Dumbarton has on proceedings the better it would appear. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They`re getting a bit twitchy over this seven subs thing. They reckon the ref has agreed they could make an extra one (yeah right) so their aged midfielder could get the oldest player record.

Course that`s exactly what a ref would do, jeopardise his career to satisfy the thug Barton. 

Points deduction incoming hopefully.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheff-wed-remarkable-unknown-rule-26114175?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Rovers had one player go off with concussion giving them an extra sub.

They used seven subs, five were as normal, the 6th was a concussion sub.

Unless Bolton also subbed a player with concussion, giving both teams an extra sub, Rovers appear to have used one sub too many.

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Unless Bolton also subbed a player with concussion, giving both teams an extra sub, Rovers appear to have used one sub too many.

That's how I read it, but I think the rules changed again this season, but can't find anything.

20 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

As opposed to one chromosome too many ?