IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Well, another season of Gap Minding beckons. All in all it’s been another nine months of gifts being given, and their absolute **** of a manager just makes hating them all the more enjoyable.

Looking forward to resuming the mockery in August. Til then, Scum, see you next seas-oh, wrong. Again.

• Haha 8

10 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Well, another season of Gap Minding beckons. All in all it’s been another nine months of gifts being given, and their absolute **** of a manager just makes hating them all the more enjoyable.

Looking forward to resuming the mockery in August. Til then, Scum, see you next seas-oh, wrong. Again.

Nonsense! 

It's gap building time! Simply buy a season ticket for the ladies side and relegate the Fewers to the 4th most supported side in the region.

• Like 1

If Taylor ( £10Million ) cost £350,000 , how does that relate to £4m ?

"Bristol Rovers manager Joey Barton has declared that the £4million plus fee Burnley paid MK Dons for Scott Twine last summer is the “starting point” for any clubs willing to discuss the prospect of signing top scorer Aaron Collins."

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

"Bristol Rovers manager Joey Barton has declared that the £4million plus fee Burnley paid MK Dons for Scott Twine last summer is the “starting point” for any clubs willing to discuss the prospect of signing top scorer Aaron Collins."

"I'll start the negotiations by saying we want £100,000,000 for Collins"

"No"

"Ok, we will accept £250,000"

"Yes"

There you go, the starting point was £100m.

• Haha 3
  • Flames 2

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Thing is, their fans really do think they’re in a position to turn down something like £2m for him. Not that I think a champ club will take a punt of him tbh. But they’re in dreamland if they think they’ll get more than 2-2.5m. 

47 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Thing is, their fans really do think they’re in a position to turn down something like £2m for him. Not that I think a champ club will take a punt of him tbh. But they’re in dreamland if they think they’ll get more than 2-2.5m. 

If no championship clubs come in for him

All you will hear from the few is that he didnt want to leave the club and its fans which he loves so much

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

If no championship clubs come in for him

All you will hear from the few is that he didnt want to leave the club and its fans which he loves so much

And if one does, I’d bet a lot of money on him bashing down the door to be allowed to leave 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Jesus. They just don’t know how to stop being funny…

They're laughing because they've all just realised that every single one of them have returned to the exact place they had their first meeting with Wally and Jailey Barton.

In that meeting, they were shown the views, told to take in the sights, and to look at the stadium on the horizon. 

What they weren't told is that they were looking the wrong way....

• Haha 1

That new L shaped lego South Stand to replace the tent and temporary tennis stand. Doesn’t have planning permission yet and Wael is already mortgaging the ground to fund it. This should end well.

F8516D4D-46BB-4DE5-83EB-E2C2E9409294.thumb.png.c034887fc67cabb47a28c976ffa051d5.png

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Olé said:

That new L shaped lego South Stand to replace the tent and temporary tennis stand. Doesn’t have planning permission yet and Wael is already mortgaging the ground to fund it. This should end well.

F8516D4D-46BB-4DE5-83EB-E2C2E9409294.thumb.png.c034887fc67cabb47a28c976ffa051d5.png

What’s interesting here is that the lender is Nationwide Finance, not affiliated with Nationwide Building Society. Not familiar with their work but they appear to be very small scale - latest accounts suggest c£30m of debtors which isn’t much at all, and also look at secured loan terms of up to six years. We’re talking fairly short term finance here on a secured basis which is unusual - could be argued that there is intent there if the fruit market is on the horizon, but equally there’ll be a premium for such a transaction and the fact Wallys gone down this route wouldn’t imbue me with confidence!

53 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

What’s interesting here is that the lender is Nationwide Finance, not affiliated with Nationwide Building Society. Not familiar with their work but they appear to be very small scale - latest accounts suggest c£30m of debtors which isn’t much at all, and also look at secured loan terms of up to six years. We’re talking fairly short term finance here on a secured basis which is unusual - could be argued that there is intent there if the fruit market is on the horizon, but equally there’ll be a premium for such a transaction and the fact Wallys gone down this route wouldn’t imbue me with confidence!

I thought the same. I’d imagine the expectation is that the increased footfall will cover the repayments at a minimum- which is a dangerous game to play.

4 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I thought the same. I’d imagine the expectation is that the increased footfall will cover the repayments at a minimum- which is a dangerous game to play.

Yeah, it’s odd. The scale of the lender suggests this isn’t going to be a huge loan so to give them FLC (particularly on a short term commitment and when Wallys active in a ****ing bank) seems odd to say the least. He should be able to fund the temporary stand himself from watch sales, and with them now having to have a rebuild season I’d wager attendances will actually go down YOY (no post promotion bump).

The lender really would trouble me. They’re definitely not lender of first resort here. It’s also noticeable the independent witness to Wallys signature is a member of the lender, and gives his address as their office. That’d definitely make things challengeable if things went tits and suggests this isn’t a firm with great compliance functions!

There are two options here:

- All the money is tied up in the fruit market (although that would seem odd as the stage it’s at isn’t one which needs mass finance, particularly as it’s Conygar doing things)

- They’re in the shit and needed money quick.

I know where I’m erring…

I am not a finance person but I wonder what the developers of the FM site make of this? If Rovers are serious potential business partners, can they bring financial credibility to the table, to be on even terms in negotiations?

As an analogy, it could be a bit like me going into a Ferrari showroom, kicking the tyres whilst my old Astra is parked outside.

Surely at some point the owner will need to put some of his own money into these schemes? It seems everything in their world is based around the land value of the Mem and that could vary wildly depending how the economy feels.

• Like 1