IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

"Retiring in 2003 and initially going down the coaching route, it has been difficult to pinpoint where and what Tillson is doing now."

I bet it is. Whilst the dribblers go round thinking that everyone is privileged and prowed to wear da famous Tesco Bagzzzzz even their most expensive player from over 25 years ago has remained in hiding since hanging up his boots.....................

In summary then, if the new stand does get built, we don't think it will be ready for the 1st home game. Kind of understandable, a very ambitious plan.

The thing is, if it isn't ready by, say Christmas*, then that will be pretty bad. Lost revenue, fans who do normally attend needing to relocate.

It seems it is a case of how late, not if.

(*Didn't say which one.)

???

Just now, Open End Numb Legs said:

In summary then, if the new stand does get built, we don't think it will be ready for the 1st home game. Kind of understandable, a very ambitious plan.

The thing is, if it isn't ready by, say Christmas*, then that will be pretty bad. Lost revenue, fans who do normally attend needing to relocate.

(*Didn't say which one.)

???

I don't imagine this new stand will be anything over that flat-pack and assembled within 2 weeks.

Kevin McCloud need not expect a phone call.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

(*Didn't say which one.)

???

If it's not ready for the start of the season, does that mean that their capacity would be something like 7.5k?????? 

The mind boggles...???

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

"Retiring in 2003 and initially going down the coaching route, it has been difficult to pinpoint where and what Tillson is doing now."

I bet it is. Whilst the dribblers go round thinking that everyone is privileged and prowed to wear da famous Tesco Bagzzzzz even their most expensive player from over 25 years ago has remained in hiding since hanging up his boots.....................

Lives in Bath, see him around quite a bit, does gardening now I believe. I've seen him at Twerton watching Bath City. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Is there a 3rd option that Joey bag has just made up a load of shit?

It wouldn’t surprise me if Barton really wanted it to get a bit of air time for himself, Nige said maybe just to be polite, then made out the police said no.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

So Joey Barton says he and Nige wanted a pre season friendly but the police said no.

What do we think? Good decision or would it have been a bit of fun?

Sounds like a comedy sketch when it ends with the Police saying no on safety reasons , but then getting a game with Cardiff instead  :clapping:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

So Joey Barton says he and Nige wanted a pre season friendly but the police said no.

In fairness, it’s standard that small clubs try to secure friendly matches against prestigious opposition to, say open a new stand. 

• Haha 8
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Wouldn’t it be good for us to arrange a pre-season friendly with them at their place and then not bother turning up ?

Even better, arrange a friendly, then send the under 16s, and claim that we'd only ever agreed to send a 'Bristol City XI' team, and send the first team to play Weymouth or somebody on the same night.

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I can't see why anyone would be dumb enough to take out a huge loan to build a stand without all of the paperwork in place first.

Or dumb enough to take out a huge loan to build a stand you won't fill anyway. 

They can't fill their ground as it is. Has the scouse scumbag told the fake sheikh they'll be playing Real Madrid soon, so best make the ground bigger, "la" ?

Scum Joey has a bunch of loanees and a one-in-a-million fluke result to thank over the last couple of seasons. He'll never get another result like that and relying on loanees year after year is a dead end. Long may it continue. 

And well played, Wally. You're fast becoming a legend. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2

On 10/05/2023 at 13:54, beaverface said:

I know the Gash fans aren't prone to exaggeration, but where did he get an uptake of 3500 extra seats? According to the official statement, Wael suggested an extra 2500 seats (https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-new-south-stand-8398066)

The above estimates also rely on a sell out each home match to bring in the additional revenue.

Aside from that, it all makes sense ?

He wasnt wrong though.....................that really is some rough maths!

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Let ‘em go to ‘Sabadawl’ as they call it so they can monkey spank over another club in blue and white quarters and think somehow it makes them special and loved.

**** me. They could always arrange a friendly with a Jockey if the quarters mean so much to them.

Knob jockeys!

Edited by Gert Mare

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

Lives in Bath, see him around quite a bit, does gardening now I believe. I've seen him at Twerton watching Bath City. 

Was working on a house in lacock a few years ago and he came to mow the lawns every Thursday. I didn’t know who he was first of all until someone told him I was a City fan and he came over for a chat.One of the nicest blokes I’ve ever met ,always asked if me and my daughter enjoyed the latest city game and what we thought of it. He often had football training tops on and once threatened to wear a gas shirt but I did warn him there might be an accident with a tin of paint!

• Like 5