IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I can’t stand him, but thought he came across well in that chat tbh. 

The overarching this is though, you’ve had to ask your main rivals for a pre-season friendly in order to play them because it’s been that long. That in itself is pretty embarrassing and shows how massive the gap is. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Gas head in work was giving it spuds yesterday that they hold the record for largest support at a JPT final. Anyone got any evidence to say different or that we took more in our last visit? 

As per usual bending the truth like a black hole bends light. They have the highest attendance for a football league trophy final at the millennium stadium of about 59,000. Nowhere near the largest attendance at a Wembley based football league trophy final which was about 85,000.

And to add context to the 59,000 at the millennium, our attendance there v Brighton in the play offs was 65,000. You would expect that though being so close to it……….

In fact, thinking about it they are closer so should have easily taken more as the journey is easier for them.?

Edited by GreedyHarry

58 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Gas head in work was giving it spuds yesterday that they hold the record for largest support at a JPT final. Anyone got any evidence to say different or that we took more in our last visit? 

There is but some way back in this thread. Apparently they were still selling tickets a couple of days before the final. There are pictures of their supporters at  Wembley and one of ours to compare size of support.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mattjb said:

Was working on a house in lacock a few years ago and he came to mow the lawns every Thursday. I didn’t know who he was first of all until someone told him I was a City fan and he came over for a chat.One of the nicest blokes I’ve ever met ,always asked if me and my daughter enjoyed the latest city game and what we thought of it. He often had football training tops on and once threatened to wear a gas shirt but I did warn him there might be an accident with a tin of paint!

I know it isn’t the point of this thread but Tillson was an excellent player & as this shows transparently a decent sort.

It isn’t his problem either that all these years later they still haven’t paid a bigger fee for anyone but they certainly got value for money from him.

His son is a pro, was at Exeter before & now with Ross County in the SPL.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I know it isn’t the point of this thread but Tillson was an excellent player & as this shows transparently a decent sort.

It isn’t his problem either that all these years later they still haven’t paid a bigger fee for anyone but they certainly got value for money from him.

Yeah, there aren’t many of their players in the last 40 years who I’d have taken in a heartbeat but (Matty aside for the bants), Andy Tilson was top of that list. Superb defender, and as the story indicates, seemed a great character as well.

• Like 3

This talk of a friendly is easy for Barton, it would be a winner for him regardless of the result. We have heard endless tenuous excuses for defeats ever since he took over there and he would trot them all out again. Nige tends to be straight with his answers when we lose - 'not good enough'.

A friendly would generate publicity and that is what Barton craves, an opportunity to criticise the opposition.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

This talk of a friendly is easy for Barton, it would be a winner for him regardless of the result. We have heard endless tenuous excuses for defeats ever since he took over there and he would trot them all out again. Nige tends to be straight with his answers when we lose - 'not good enough'.

A friendly would generate publicity and that is what Barton craves, an opportunity to criticise the opposition.

I am forever reading your user name incorrectly.

Open Legs, Numb End.

Probably says a lot more about me than you. Not sure why I felt I needed to share that. 

• Haha 2

Has the state of the art disabled section in the South Stand been taken down yet?

Untitled123.png

Behind this were a couple of portaloo's for the away fans and without doubt the worst smell you could ever smell at a football ground, in the same bracket as the Bristol Waste site by the fruit market, I shit you not. ?

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Has the state of the art disabled section in the South Stand been taken down yet?

Untitled123.png

Behind this were a couple of portaloo's for the away fans and without doubt the worst smell you could ever smell at a football ground, in the same bracket as the Bristol Waste site by the fruit market, I shit you not. ?

And from the sounds of things, you'd be wise to not shit. 

9 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Untitled123.png

Quite impressive to see the VIP seating available too (thought it looks like someone has stashed their laundry on it) for those who need something above the standard white garden chair.

28 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I am forever reading your user name incorrectly.

Open Legs, Numb End.

Probably says a lot more about me than you. Not sure why I felt I needed to share that. 

When thinking of my user name, I wanted to recall my earliest memory of City and it is sitting square on the stanchion in the Open End with my Dad holding me, aged about 7 or 8, so I could see the game. By half time my legs were numb.

You make an interesting point that if I had sat astride the stanchion in error I would probably have got the numb end you mention so I guess either name works!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Untitled123.png

The looks worse than somewhere you would wait when your car is in the hand wash. Joking aside I am sure that everyone associated with Rovers would want a lot better for those with access needs. That has to be an old photo, I hope.

23 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Untitled123.png

Christ that is bad beyond belief.

There are Toolstation sides with better facilities than that....           

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I asked him if he’d be going back into football in some capacity but he said he was really enjoying the gardening work at that time so wasn’t sure. Did he have something to do with Southamptons academy in our area at some point ? If I remember correctly he sometimes had a Southampton training top on.

Barton stating he pushed for a derby this preseason - “it would be great for the city, families going to the game”. Cracks me up, scouser with not a single clue of the Bristol derby, and what it means / creates. No surprise the OB said no chance, but the arrogance of scousers (and others) thinking they know the Derby, when they have no clue makes me laugh. Ask Holloway how friendly it is, he nearly died mind hahah 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

This is from the Bolton game at the weekend... doesn't look like anything much has changed!

2023-05-12 10_38_10-Window.png

I really hope they get better disabled facilities, I can't imagine you get the best view from that position and no fan no matter who they support should have to deal with those "facilities"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1