IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Has the state of the art disabled section in the South Stand been taken down yet?

Untitled123.png

Behind this were a couple of portaloo's for the away fans and without doubt the worst smell you could ever smell at a football ground, in the same bracket as the Bristol Waste site by the fruit market, I shit you not. ?

They will claim that is the equivalent of an American Basketball sought after "courtside" seat...

2 hours ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Barton stating he pushed for a derby this preseason - “it would be great for the city, families going to the game”. Cracks me up, scouser with not a single clue of the Bristol derby, and what it means / creates. No surprise the OB said no chance, but the arrogance of scousers (and others) thinking they know the Derby, when they have no clue makes me laugh. Ask Holloway how friendly it is, he nearly died mind hahah 

That's the biggest problem, it would be a friendly in name only, the fans wouldn't want anything but 100% from the players and that's the last thing you want pre season. Let's ask Joey why Everton and Liverpool don't play pre season friendlies shal we?

3 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Has the state of the art disabled section in the South Stand been taken down yet?

Untitled123.png

Behind this were a couple of portaloo's for the away fans and without doubt the worst smell you could ever smell at a football ground, in the same bracket as the Bristol Waste site by the fruit market, I shit you not. ?

Forgetting for one moment that its tinpot rovers, those "facilities" in this modern day age are absolutely disgusting. I am astonished that a "professional" and commercial outfit can seriously think that this is acceptable. That's a home made lean to with white plastic garden chairs. If a ball at speed hits one of those vertical posts or hits one of those static chairs it could cause a serious injury. I am really surprised that the powers that be grant a safety licence.

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Swede said:

Forgetting for one moment that its tinpot rovers, those "facilities" in this modern day age are absolutely disgusting. I am astonished that a "professional" and commercial outfit can seriously think that this is acceptable. That's a home made lean to with white plastic garden chairs. If a ball at speed hits one of those vertical posts or hits one of those static chairs it could cause a serious injury. I am really surprised that the powers that be grant a safety licence.

They have a SAG just like us don't they? I mean look at that floor area, and the way those chairs are strewn about. It reminds of one of those pictures you have to circle items on when attending a course on trip hazards.

Screenshot_2023-05-12-13-41-35-38_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Barton stating he pushed for a derby this preseason - “it would be great for the city, families going to the game”. Cracks me up, scouser with not a single clue of the Bristol derby, and what it means / creates. No surprise the OB said no chance, but the arrogance of scousers (and others) thinking they know the Derby, when they have no clue makes me laugh. Ask Holloway how friendly it is, he nearly died mind hahah 

In fairness to him, there's a lot of people from Bristol who don't really know the derby because it's so rare that we play them! I'd actually quite like us to get a cup draw against Rovers again at some point (although, as @Port Said Red said, it wouldn't be appropriate as a "friendly") as I think a more competitive derby rivalry would help get kids from Bristol supporting Bristol clubs instead of PSG, Man City, Liverpool or whoever else but, with derby games so rare, the first one we play after a decade would be a bit of a powder keg. 

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I see the SAG's have agreed to take their first team to Melksham again for a pre-season friendly. Levels are similar. 

Haha, I did chuckle at the “promised to bring their entire first-team squad” - what a draw! ?

MTFC have a nicer ground than the Scum, too.

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

New Bristol version of monopoly is being launched. Unlike the current version, there is at least disparity between Ashton and the Memorial Grounds value…

But the Mem will triple in value when they have built their magnificent new cow shed stand. ?

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

In fairness to him, there's a lot of people from Bristol who don't really know the derby because it's so rare that we play them! I'd actually quite like us to get a cup draw against Rovers again at some point (although, as @Port Said Red said, it wouldn't be appropriate as a "friendly") as I think a more competitive derby rivalry would help get kids from Bristol supporting Bristol clubs instead of PSG, Man City, Liverpool or whoever else but, with derby games so rare, the first one we play after a decade would be a bit of a powder keg. 

Totally agree re wanting to play them in a competitive game, and the gap since the last one is generational, which is funny and relevant. 

I just think he is in for a major shock if he thinks this is some watered down, soft derby. I also think he believes he is the big draw, and bigger than the game itself. He’s not. They have to earn the right to play us, as does he. Next time they come the AG it will be anything but friendly. 

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I see Snakey has been released by Oxford. I reckon he could still do a job in League One and wouldn`t cost a lot in wages.

Just think, if they hadn`t sung songs about him dying every chance they get he might have thought about it. **** them now though.

Ahh well, apparently his career went downhill after he left Rovers according to the fewers…..

??

He may not have played every game for us but let’s be honest he’d never have played any Championship football with them let alone experienced playing in a League Cup quarter final against one of the biggest clubs in the World.

I bet he wished he’d stayed and continued to be a Gas legend” they crow, as if that’s anyones ambition in life or Taylor himself gives a ****!

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Untitled123.png

Jesus H. Christ - looks like they've nicked the smoking shed from a local pub