IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I hope with the new stand it's given entirely to home support. First reasonable stand we get and it would be a shame to let away fans sit in it.

????

Im sure they’ll be totally gutted and looking on with envy if they aren’t seated in the new car port.

Edited by BCFC11
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I hope with the new stand it's given entirely to home support. First reasonable stand we get and it would be a shame to let away fans sit in it.

????

Im sure they’ll be totally gutted and looking on with envy if they aren’t seated in the new car port.

I swear I saw them saying it was going to be used as the old stand was so for away fans.

4 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I have never been to their ground and I suppose I always thought that there was probably a bit of exaggeration going on within OTIB to get a bigger laugh.

But....that photo........I never thought it would be that bad. Is the rest of it the same? I am honestly shocked and I can see now why they are so keen to start afresh.

It is literally a dump, a tinpot dump. I believe a visiting Milwall fan once commented that there was a shed, two tent stands and a cricket pavillion and that was just on one side! When visiting try to find the mysterious "Row M" seats. It's a trick question as they have the tickets but are Row M less.

9 hours ago, petehinton said:

christ 

What a bunch of arse licking replies he's got to that post as well. North Bristol? More like North Korea. 

He claims the planning permission is in, so when they don't get the stand up on time they will blame BCC when clearly the timescales were way beyond ambitious, it's what they do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

wonder what took them so long to take them down,, a long time ago but last time i went camping,had the whole lot packed up back in the car in under half an hour

I can see those "stands" turning up at Glastonbury festival as the Brothers Cider tent.

12 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

wonder what took them so long to take them down,, a long time ago but last time i went camping,had the whole lot packed up back in the car in under half an hour

Quite a lot of rain over the week so they will need to air them elsewhere so the canvas can dry out before the peak wedding and festival season. Also the ground sheet. Might as well re water proof them at the same time.

14 hours ago, petehinton said:

christ 

There is hardly any depth behind the pitch to build a new stand. If the footprint of the ground remains the same, which it does, then the new stand can only be a similar size to the old tent. The only difference will be it extends across the full width of the pitch. It will have numerous poles supporting the roof so the main difference will be the roof will be metal instead of fabric. As the planned construction time seems to be a few weeks it must be a temporary giant Meccano set. This is hardly something to get excited about. 

• Like 1

I would assume that since they took the ground from the rugby club they no longer need the space for a rugby pitch in goal area that was behind the posts so they should be making use of some of that space for the 'stand'.

Trouble is a deeper stand means a higher stand. Having planning permission refused on height would throw quite a large spanner in the timescales.

44 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There is hardly any depth behind the pitch to build a new stand. If the footprint of the ground remains the same, which it does, then the new stand can only be a similar size to the old tent. The only difference will be it extends across the full width of the pitch. It will have numerous poles supporting the roof so the main difference will be the roof will be metal instead of fabric. As the planned construction time seems to be a few weeks it must be a temporary giant Meccano set. This is hardly something to get excited about. 

Iirc Blackpool did something like that but they needed to when they got promoted to the premier league.

Obsessed or bitter much on ass chat?

No, nothing to see here…….

https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/development-plans/

lympstonegas Avatar
That’s another 10 pages worth from Sh1!heads on otib

shame they got nothing going on over the sh** pit to talk about, so they find any negative they can with us instead, idiots

Edited by cider hoss rules
Link missed off

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Quite a lot of rain over the week so they will need to air them elsewhere so the canvas can dry out before the peak wedding and festival season. Also the ground sheet. Might as well re water proof them at the same time.

We have the Thatchers Gold song, the Pikeys have Fabsil Gold

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Obsessed or bitter much on ass chat?

No, nothing to see here…….

https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/development-plans/

lympstonegas Avatar
That’s another 10 pages worth from Sh1!heads on otib

shame they got nothing going on over the sh** pit to talk about, so they find any negative they can with us instead, idiots

Good to see they're keeping an eye on us....?