IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

31 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Trying to get this thread back on topic……we got pretty wet standing in the away ‘patch’ at the Memorial that night we sent the Gas down. Mind you, we could have drowned that night and still enjoyed it. 

I was in the home end that night. Nearly gave the game away when Bell hit the post.

Was tricky before, I guy started talking to me and I said “I’m here at Uni, so wanted to see a Bristol Derby, I’m a Plymouth fan really” which I thought would cover things nicely until he says “oh Plymouths my 2nd team, what do you think of….”  

• Haha 9

11 hours ago, richwwtk said:

The only game in recent times I can remember with really bad fog was (I think) away at Torquay, we won 3-0 but had no idea what was going on down the far end of the pitch as you couldn't see anything.

Didn't get abandoned though.

4-0 we won that day, an early Lita hat trick and a Heffernan goal in the 2nd half.

Can remember only knowing City had scored when they players were heading back up to half way line celebrating. 

Shame Torquay have struggled for years now, quality day out. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

4-0 we won that day, an early Lita hat trick and a Heffernan goal in the 2nd half.

Can remember only knowing City had scored when they players were heading back up to half way line celebrating. 

Shame Torquay have struggled for years now, quality day out. 

It's a bit of a shithole these days.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

In more modern times, wasn't there a game at AG vs Wolves, where the rain was literally coming in sideways?

My nephew and his mate were sitting watching in that little uncovered stand that used to exist at the end of the Atyeo. 

They looked liked drowned rats at full-time. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I was in the home end that night. Nearly gave the game away when Bell hit the post.

Was tricky before, I guy started talking to me and I said “I’m here at Uni, so wanted to see a Bristol Derby, I’m a Plymouth fan really” which I thought would cover things nicely until he says “oh Plymouths my 2nd team, what do you think of….”  

I was able to get to that infamous end of season game at Twerton only because I used a work colleague's Rovers season ticket. (I hadn't been able to go to the original game that was postponed, so didn't have a ticket for the rearranged game - he was abroad on holiday having expected the season to finish the Saturday before).

His seat was bang in the middle of their main stand. So, having successfully negotiated all the police ticket checks as a 40 year old using a 'senior' season ticket, I planned my approach of keeping my mouth shut and my real affiliation quiet. But when I got there I was greeted with all around me saying "Ah, you're the City fan with Ron's ticket...he told us you'd be here...."!!

I don't leave games early - but that was the exception! 20 minutes or so!

• Haha 17

4 hours ago, SDBS36 said:

Deafy from Henbury, knew him pretty well used the Henbury Social club

Worked with him during one of my Summer holidays at Canford Park. Think they had three full-time gardeners there at the time. 

He was an absolute gem of a guy. 

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Talking of Plymouth I was in a pub there years ago told the locals I was down here fishing when someone asked me a load of questions about where I was going 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I was able to get to that infamous end of season game at Twerton only because I used a work colleague's Rovers season ticket. (I hadn't been able to go to the original game that was postponed, so didn't have a ticket for the rearranged game - he was abroad on holiday having expected the season to finish the Saturday before).

His seat was bang in the middle of their main stand. So, having successfully negotiated all the police ticket checks as a 40 year old using a 'senior' season ticket, I planned my approach of keeping my mouth shut and my real affiliation quiet. But when I got there I was greeted with all around me saying "Ah, you're the City fan with Ron's ticket...he told us you'd be here...."!!

I don't leave games early - but that was the exception! 20 minutes or so!

I just knew things would go horribly wrong the moment I saw Sinclair physically shaking

14 hours ago, richwwtk said:

The only game in recent times I can remember with really bad fog was (I think) away at Torquay, we won 3-0 but had no idea what was going on down the far end of the pitch as you couldn't see anything.

Didn't get abandoned though.

Best hattrick I've never seen by Lita ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Someone is very brave

Completely and utterly tinpot! Two days to take direct action, by visiting the club shop (wherever that is, not that I GAF) with just one day’s notice. Any STH living outside of Bristol must be well pissed off. 

Looking more closely at the proposed new structures, if you end up in a seat located on the leftmost side of the smaller stand, will you actually be able to see the goal at your end of the pitch - especially when (probably ’if’) the larger stand is full? Maybe a big selling point!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Completely and utterly tinpot! Two days to take direct action, by visiting the club shop (wherever that is, not that I GAF) with just one day’s notice. Any STH living outside of Bristol must be well pissed off. 

Looking more closely at the proposed new structures, if you end up in a seat located on the leftmost side of the smaller stand, will you actually be able to see the goal at your end of the pitch - especially when (probably ’if’) the larger stand is full? Maybe a big selling point!

I wonder if they'll let you sit in the stand before you finalise the seat you want? ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Looking even more closely at the new structure it appears as though Fred Dibnah must have been contracted to move the floodlight pylon.

MemorialStadiumAerialView.jpg.9dc806ad4fc4d78e4680f361c3f71dd7.jpg

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

10am on a Wednesday! How many people will miss out because they’re at work and can’t get away?

32 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So its 35 quid more for a season ticket to sit in their new stand (which hasn't even been built) than it is to sit in the South Stand for us. How on earth do they justify that?

Will ideally be named the "Virtual" Stand.

It's simply a simulation which, even if completed, will be virtually empty every home game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I was in the home end too and kept myself under control until flapper saved that penalty.

I was over the barrier quicker than an Olympic sprinter!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

So its 35 quid more for a season ticket to sit in their new stand (which hasn't even been built) than it is to sit in the South Stand for us. How on earth do they justify that?

How can they sell tickets for a stand they're not currently allowed to bolt together?

• Like 1