IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

• Admin
2 hours ago, redkev said:

If this doesn’t go through it’s gonna be like watching Bristol manor farm with no stand ( I say stand in the loosiest possible context ) apart from the quality of football from manor farm will be better .

even if they do get permission they have virtually no time to erect anything decent before the season starts .I can see them running round 10 minutes before kick off trying to get everything in place a bit like a village fete on a Saturday afternoon . 

They can build it without any permission, and get it retrospectively 

The problems arise if they don't get the required approval

2 minutes ago, bert tann said:

That was the old new one.

We're giving youth a chance now.

Mr Jennings' Godson I believe.

Blimey, is it safe to have all these young un's about. Hope Joey (call me Joe) keeps his cigars in the drawer.

4 hours ago, Swede said:

All I've seen so far of this "new stand" is just an "artist's impression" or for want of a better word, sketch [like on the back of a fag packet].

To submit that for planning you would need detailed dimensional plans for the structure. I'm thinking of drainage, toilet facilities and whether this blocks anyone's light or impacts on the residents behind the goal area.

I also walk my dog along the back of it early in the morning to see the frogs and toads that cross the area and early evening to see the bats that fly around and nest there. They are an endangered species don't you know.   

All very tinpot

I’ve heard the Horfield branch of Greater Crested Newts regularly march up and down that footpath too. 

• Haha 1

On 16/05/2023 at 05:45, Tinmans Love Child said:

Fa Cup v Liverpool was 1-1 at Ashton Gate when the flood lights failed, game replayed at AG the following week from memory and finished 1-1, so replay was at Anfield and well you know the rest...

The company I worked for at the time supplied the lights. Dave Fear - who installed them- was at the game and had to get his hands dirty trying to get them on again :)

• Haha 2

On 15/05/2023 at 22:12, miser said:

Went to Wigan early 90s. We had the grass bank. Gas had played there mid week, but didn't take enough for the bank to be opened. Had "Deafy" on our coach. Won 3-2 with one of our goals scored when he was having a pee. He thought we had drawn until someone bought the pink un in Brum.

That may have been the game we played there after the original match was called off around 1/2 hour before kick off.  I went on one of  the 3 supporters coach for the rearranged game, which managed to crash into each other on the M5. Believe it or not, we got ourselves off the motorway and flagged down a coach to see if he could help us. One well known rovers fand 'happened' to have a large amount of cash on him and got us a coach and 2 buses to take us the rest of the way. there was another crash on the M6 and we didn't get to Springfield park until half time and they initially refused to let us in. |they relented and we, obviously, got dicked 3-0 or 3-1.

Anyway, that's my excuse for them not opening the grass bank because not enough of us were there :)

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

The company I worked for at the time supplied the lights. Dave Fear - who installed them- was at the game and had to get his hands dirty trying to get them on again :)

Weren't there rumours of Dave Fear getting death threats after the game was abandoned?

2 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Weren't there rumours of Dave Fear getting death threats after the game was abandoned?

If he did have any, he never told me.  Feary was City through and through and would have done anything he could to help the club. He was offered a place on the board at one time and I know he found it really tough turning it down, but with the existing commitments he had, he wouldn't be able to give his all to the role.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If he did have any, he never told me.  Feary was City through and through and would have done anything he could to help the club. He was offered a place on the board at one time and I know he found it really tough turning it down, but with the existing commitments he had, he wouldn't be able to give his all to the role.

I'm sure the Evening Post quoted some about it at the time.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Christ. He is staying put in Bristol and commuting to QPR atm by all accounts. Still can’t see it one bit though. 

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well the first line of that ‘article’ is…

Bristol Rovers were impressive this season”, they kind of lost me after that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Flames 1