IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

That's the media for you though. Promotion chasing Rovers were 'impressive', finishing down in 17th.

Relegation threatened City 'underperformed' but finished higher in 14th.

I won't bother mentioning the different divisions as it is all relative.

The way it has been covered across the season is a larger scale version of a match where commentators take an angle on the game, usually based on league position rather than what is happening in front of them.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

What an awful article. 99% of it is utter bollocks.

All that was missing was the words 'speed merchant' before Chris Martin.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

That's the media for you though. Promotion chasing Rovers were 'impressive', finishing down in 17th.

Relegation threatened City 'underperformed' but finished higher in 14th.

I won't bother mentioning the different divisions as it is all relative.

The way it has been covered across the season is a larger scale version of a match where commentators take an angle on the game, usually based on league position rather than what is happening in front of them.

Yes, it's been this way for a long time now. Anything City related tends to be on the negative - we "fail" they "miss out", they're "edged out by a strong side" whereas we are  "beaten by a below par side" etc. I'm sure that this is part of the reason that their fans are so deluded, and some of ours are perpetually disappointed. 

• Flames 1

• Admin
7 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If he did have any, he never told me.  Feary was City through and through and would have done anything he could to help the club. He was offered a place on the board at one time and I know he found it really tough turning it down, but with the existing commitments he had, he wouldn't be able to give his all to the role.

Definitely remember plenty of advertising from him around the Gate back then.  

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

That article is 17 different shades of absolute bollocks. "Rovers were impressive" "Staggering promotion" "haul of 53 points" "A sigining that would go down in folklore" Oh FFS shut the **** up !!!!

Having a brief look at the authors other articles for the same outlet, they're all listed as "opinion" and consist of a recommendation for a club to sign a player who had some sort of link to the signing club. Basically, a load of total guff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

That article is 17 different shades of absolute bollocks. "Rovers were impressive" "Staggering promotion" "haul of 53 points" "A sigining that would go down in folklore" Oh FFS shut the **** up !!!!

Having a brief look at the authors other articles for the same outlet, they're all listed as "opinion" and consist of a recommendation for a club to sign a player who had some sort of link to the signing club. Basically, a load of total guff.

Which was my point, I just thought it was so funny it was worth sharing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Tragic rather than funny perhaps ?

Hard to imagine that SL would come out and say that there will be no more deals between us and claiming a "Gentleman's agreement" over an old has-been who we couldn't get out the door quick enough months ago isn't it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

It’s got red “half” of the city in it, too. No bigger load of old bollocks than that, we average nearly 20,000 they don’t even average 9,000.

No way is that an even split, whatever the ******* who wrote this shite thinks.

GCSE Maths ungraded, I reckon.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It’s got red “half” of the city in it, too. No bigger load of old bollocks than that, we average nearly 20,000 they don’t even average 9,000.

No way is that an even split, whatever the ******* who wrote this shite thinks.

GCSE Maths ungraded, I reckon.

dont be too harsh,if they are struggling with year 7 sats, these maths equations will be near on impossible for them

32 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

Would it ruffle some feathers if Martin went to the 15ers. Not to me he was a fantastic servant to the club but his time came to and end. If he's still living and settled in Bristol you would want to get a local club (although Cheltenham or forest green would be better options with much better stadiums).

Agreed, at some point most footballers will put down roots somewhere, if that is the case here then good luck to him and his family. Good choice of area!

No problem with him at Rovers if that happened, if he can prolong a career then go for it, many don't get that chance.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

Would it ruffle some feathers if Martin went to the 15ers. Not to me he was a fantastic servant to the club but his time came to and end. If he's still living and settled in Bristol you would want to get a local club (although Cheltenham or forest green would be better options with much better stadiums).

I honestly couldn't give a **** if he went to the gash. I'd just feel bad for him that it's ended that way ?

If anything I still think he has more to give than going to a club who finished 17th, or whatever it was, in division 3 (whether that be gash or anyone else)

Just a lazy written article. Trying to create parallels of two separate transfers. One where we pinch their inform striker at the time activating his release clause and a player who served us well but we paid up his contract mid season and he's played elsewhere for the remainder.

If it works for Chris good on him. Just shows the difference in levels if they do decide to snap him up.

29 minutes ago, Dogbert said:

They have another new charge registered at companies house from Nationwide Finance, this time the charge against the whole club as far as I can see.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

Basically made the pay day loan people the preferred creditor. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Basically made the pay day loan people the preferred creditor. 

Ah thank you, that makes sense. I did think it odd that the previous charge didn't specify that in some way as otherwise the older charge against the Mem, to Dwane Sports would take precedence, I think.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Agreed, at some point most footballers will put down roots somewhere, if that is the case here then good luck to him and his family. Good choice of area!

No problem with him at Rovers if that happened, if he can prolong a career then go for it, many don't get that chance.

He wouldn’t see it as a career,just a job.