IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, TheReds said:

I think it will be just as entertaining when/if it is up, as it will be generally cheap and pretty poor to anyone outside of their bubble. The concourse will be quality to see, as I get the impression they are expecting to see a proper concourse (since quite a few go to Ashton Gate for the Rugby, Concerts and been down for their Vaccines) I cannot wait for their reports, I just have a niggling feeling they be just a little bit disappointed. 

Bring it on.

Yep, It'll be interesting to see what their definition is of a "Concourse".

Given their excellent disabled sections, I'm guessing it'll be a hole under the seats of the stand with 1 or 2 portacabins selling food/drink. Hardly a concourse as such.

Also what about the toilets in this stand? That would take time to build/get the plumbing done (probably by asking for volunteers again). I'm guessing the portaloos will be making a reappearance on the hurry up, but how many are they going to need for a stand that supposedly carries around 3-4k? Plus by law, they would have to have disabled facilities as well.

Still just over 2 months until the start of the season, no rush Rovers, in your own time, absolutely clueless. 

As it stands how many balls are they going to lose into the back of people's gardens there? Probably put up a large net to protect it all. This is going to look absolutely awful come August.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

No, but they don't need it to built it

They can get it retrospectively, or get it refused and that would be entertaining

I don't have a problem (in theory) with them building a new stand, my issue is that on a match-day, parking locally is a nightmare - it's bad enough without a game on, but with a game it's a bigger challenge. If they are expecting to expand capacity by 25%, that could - in theory, increase the match-day-parking-nightmare by a similar percentage. I'd expect that any planning would come with a condition of increase/improved parking and bus related options, to deter people from driving. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

I don't have a problem (in theory) with them building a new stand, my issue is that on a match-day, parking locally is a nightmare - it's bad enough without a game on, but with a game it's a bigger challenge. If they are expecting to expand capacity by 25%, that could - in theory, increase the match-day-parking-nightmare by a similar percentage. I'd expect that any planning would come with a condition of increase/improved parking and bus related options, to deter people from driving. 

Not a chance they will be increasing capacity by 25%

After they had to lower their capacity I would assume this change will just bring them back up to where they used to be?

• Like 1

Jolly Joey explains why their ‘star boy ‘ didn’t get picked for Wales.

‘At Portman Road, they wouldn’t put the line through because it’s not such a big jump from this atmosphere to international football’

It’s to do with playing in front of big crowds. This is why Low got into the squad, massive crowds at Walsall and the HPC. 

On 30/05/2023 at 14:11, bert tann said:

Rovers in a nutshell.

"What's the definition of luxury? If the south stand has a concourse that's out of the elements then that's pretty standard for a modern ground.
Oxford, Derby all the same really. Coventry, just more space. MK Dons, just bigger concourse and a good view. A temporary stand that does the same as those listed, I'll take that"

They really dont know when to shut up do they?Not too deluded then are they!

12 hours ago, BS13 Robin said:

They really dont know when to shut up do they?Not too deluded then are they!

Rovers in a nutshell

The amount of fans that believe that a new ground will solve all of their problems is staggering.

They think they've got 20-30k of fans waiting in the wings who are going to come flooding back to watch them. Totally and utterly deluded.

The reality is that they'd end up in a soulless bowl which always looks empty and lacks atmosphere. 

They're skint and don't have a pot to piss in. A freebie new stadium won't undo years of dying a slow and painful death.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, myol'man said:

Hope they get Pompey and Derby at home early doors before the new, improved Joey End gets built.

cant wait to hear what they call it,  suggestions on a postcard please. as they steal everything else,how about endy mc endface end?

25 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

cant wait to hear what they call it,  suggestions on a postcard please. as they steal everything else,how about endy mc endface end?

Given it'll have seats and a non canvas roof they'll probably refer to it as the 'nice end'

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Rovers in a nutshell

The amount of fans that believe that a new ground will solve all of their problems is staggering.

They think they've got 20-30k of fans waiting in the wings who are going to come flooding back to watch them. Totally and utterly deluded.

The reality is that they'd end up in a soulless bowl which always looks empty and lacks atmosphere. 

They're skint and don't have a pot to piss in. A freebie new stadium won't undo years of dying a slow and painful death.

Sums it up just right!!

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Basically seems to be saying he's not that good and only looked good because it was League 1.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/wales-bristol-rovers-aaron-collins-8483149.amp

So Joey admits they create a crap atmosphere in a crap ground in front of a small audience.

Way to big up your club, Joe!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/wales-bristol-rovers-aaron-collins-8483149.amp

So Joey admits they create a crap atmosphere in a crap ground in front of a small audience.

Way to big up your club, Joe!

So are they not a big club with a big crowd in league 1 then ? I thought they always said they were...I'm confused now ?‍♂️

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

Looks like Joey's back on the drink and bored out of his mind judging by his twitter interactions. 

Does any other professional football manager act as childishly as this guy? And those 6 fingers freaks all lap it up 

So weird. 

Well speaking to quite a few gasheads on the weekend they were saying hes a c*** and they can't stand him.

What I will say is out of the gas I know, once you get the first few minutes banter out the way they are normally pretty level headed. A few of them fancy us for promotion ??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well speaking to quite a few gasheads on the weekend they were saying hes a c*** and they can't stand him.

What I will say is out of the gas I know, once you get the first few minutes banter out the way they are normally pretty level headed. A few of them fancy us for promotion ??

A mate of mine thinks everything he says is excellent, edgy etc and always tells it as it is. I can guarantee I will hear the words of "you'll struggle this season and be in for a relegation fight, and we will probably be top 6", I hear the same every single season with no irony whatsoever.  A few others are a bit more "honest" shall we say, but hardly any of them go and watch them.

• Flames 2

I have a few gas mates that can be separated into season ticket holders and go to the occasional game.

The season ticket holders think he's the second coming of Christ that he will get them above us and that he speaks the truth and says it as it is.

The go to occasional gamers can't stand him, thinks he's talking bollocks most of the time, don't understand why he loans in so many players and think we should be doing better than we are.

• Like 1