IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Which prospective signing couldn’t be impressed after a visit around the ground and training facilities? 
I am surprised that there isn’t a queue of top ballers just itching to sign. 

I should think so after being shown round that flea ridden dump.

Edited by Red Shadow
  • Haha 1

On 04/06/2023 at 21:58, redsquirrel said:

they are always going to be pleased seeing new stadium plans,  1, because anything is better than their dump and 2, all previous plans never got realised.  when are they ever going to learn that they are being had

The dribbling, swivel-eyed fewers do love an artist's impression don't they 

9 hours ago, Swede said:

I hadn't realised that Windyass was still playing?

It's actually very similar, the "Rovers legend" in question is Josh Kay, who scored Barrows goal against Northampton in the last match of the season, meant that the Gas beating Scunthorpe juniors got them promoted. 

I get that fans might call someone that, a bit like a few on here love Colin Daniels, but the clubs twitter feed referring to him as a legend is very weird.

Regarding transfers, they think they might have a shot at a 21 year old Stoke defender they borrowed before. They say he's upset he didn't get enough football last season at Stoke, but 18 games for a 21 year old seems pretty good to me.

Then some stuff about 32 year old Ed Upson, being a free agent, and some full back who Joey got rid of, now being sought after because he was so good last season in League 2.

It's all go up there isn't it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You’re telling me they all started tugging themselves and they hadn’t even been to the area yet ffs ?? said the day it was announced, as someone who regularly walks/Vois to temple meads past there, it absolutely reeks, even in winter. They are genuinely better off staying where they are. 

78A153B1-E1D4-4575-AA5F-C069F0BB7E8F.jpeg

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

I do wonder what they think when they look south and see 2 new players and both for more than a Tilson.

13 new signings and we all know 5-6 of them will be loans.

We all know what they think when they look South - 

All funded by the "Rosy cheeked Lady Garden" (not my terminology), spunking millions that they haven't got etc etc.

No acknowledgement of the massive restructuring that's taken place over the last few years, or the fact that we have player assets and facilities they can only ever dream of.

Doesn't fit their myopic agenda does it. Stuck in the world of Windass, Ricky Lambert, Lazarus Penrice, that **** Alexander swallowing his false teeth on the pitch, shit moustaches, 1990, donkey jackets, the Tote End, boob cricket, headbutting mini buses etc etc.

I know what I'm happier with.

COYR!!! ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

I read this and wept... with laughter.

http://bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com/history-of-failed-stadia-attempts.html

The article needs updating because it doesn't mention the south stand redevelopment which will be magnificent.

Whilst their supporters will take it all personally the reality is that no one wants a football ground on their own residential doorstep which means that only land which is relatively cheap and poor quality is viable. It is no surprise that most new UK stadia in recent times have been built near to a city docks or old industrial land.

The FM is that sort of area but the finances will be the stumbling block. Meanwhile residents around the Mem won't want a capacity increase. Glad it isn't our problem.

???

59 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Wore a City shirt on Friday when I somehow bumped into a Rovers fan at Download Festival in Donington Park.

Wasn't sure if it's because I've been here since Wednesday but I did have a shower sometime after this meeting... ?

DSC_2315~2.JPG

Were there another 30,000 locked outside?

It’s what they do you know.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, petehinton said:

You’re telling me they all started tugging themselves and they hadn’t even been to the area yet ffs ?? said the day it was announced, as someone who regularly walks/Vois to temple meads past there, it absolutely reeks, even in winter. They are genuinely better off staying where they are. 

Work commitments eh?  Somebody obviously complained to the council that their bin had been forgotten !

6 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Wore a City shirt on Friday when I somehow bumped into a Rovers fan at Download Festival in Donington Park.

Wasn't sure if it's because I've been here since Wednesday but I did have a shower sometime after this meeting... ?

DSC_2315~2.JPG

You look great Shahanshahan! The Sag looks an absolute ***...

• Robin 1

7 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

DSC_2315~2.JPG

New England Patriots? I thought you were better than that :disapointed2se:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, petehinton said:

thats an imposter,  for a start, they dont work .

13 hours ago, petehinton said:

Suck it up saddoes. It used to be even worse when the frozen fish company was there. If your 5hitty little club of wierdos, having sold your dilapidated asset and put all of your trust in a developer (?!?) ever get this pipe dream off the ground then it will smell even worse. That's if you can get there. Its not exactly the easiest of places to get to. You've more chance ground sharing with Bath City.

• Haha 3

I was expecting this to be another anti-Bristol Sport hatchet job, but it's a pretty fair representation of the good and bad things about living next to a sports ground.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/what-like-live-next-ashton-8507279?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

But I think the ground being there first means that most people realised they would have that balancing act to manage, if the Fruit Bowl was to actually happen, would people be so keen to live in any surrounding housing that is built as well?

Issues seem to revolve mostly around parking, yet no one comments that the Long Ashton P&R sits a stones-throw from the Stadium and yet is ‘out of bounds’. 

May be if they came up with solutions rather than whinged. ..but then may be they think the decision-makers ought to be doing that as that’s what they’re paid for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Issues seem to revolve mostly around parking, yet no one comments that the Long Ashton P&R sits a stones-throw from the Stadium and yet is ‘out of bounds’. 

May be if they came up with solutions rather than whinged. ..but then may be they think the decision-makers ought to be doing that as that’s what they’re paid for. 

I think there was an issue with the P&R because there wasn't a safe walkway to the ground. At least I'm sure I read the originally. If they wanted a cycle path between the P&R they would have completed it ages ago.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think there was an issue with the P&R because there wasn't a safe walkway to the ground. At least I'm sure I read the originally. If they wanted a cycle path between the P&R they would have completed it ages ago.

Surely, by nature, the best solution to that would be for there to be a steady flow of busses from the park & ride, dropping off outside the stadium.

It utterly ridiculous that there is a park & ride site, a stones throw from Ashton Gate, yet it's such an issue to park near the ground & the park & ride option isn't open to use..!

If people can't safely walk between the 2, then fair enough - but why not be able to park & ride, from the park & ride.?!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Oh dear, H&S and shit, it puts me in mind of this.....................

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Surely, by nature, the best solution to that would be for there to be a steady flow of busses from the park & ride, dropping off outside the stadium.

It utterly ridiculous that there is a park & ride site, a stones throw from Ashton Gate, yet it's such an issue to park near the ground & the park & ride option isn't open to use..!

If people can't safely walk between the 2, then fair enough - but why not be able to park & ride, from the park & ride.?!

That’s Bristol for you!  

I remember going to Brighton a few years ago. Stayed in a hotel in Lewes and having a match ticket meant you could get a return ticket on the train for £1.50, which dropped you at the station by the Amex!  

Contrast that with Bristol, where we bring in loads of local traffic restrictions, whilst introducing a new Metrobus which doesn’t have a dedicated stop for the stadium; have a nearby Park & Ride which often can’t be used on matchdays and talk of reopening the Portishead line, but practically ignoring Ashton Gate Halt.  

You could be forgiven for thinking Bristol doesn’t actually want a successful football club and is actually literally throwing rocks on the tracks to hold the club back, by preventing supporters getting to games!

The older I get, the more I dispair of this city and it’s little wonder they get f all of note done.

• Like 10
  • Flames 9

On 10/06/2023 at 09:13, CiderJar said:

I read this and wept... with laughter.

http://bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com/history-of-failed-stadia-attempts.html

The article needs updating because it doesn't mention the south stand redevelopment which will be magnificent.

That's a pretty fascinating resource - and an insane number of failed attempts.

I actually hadn't realised just how advanced the Mangotsfield plans eventually went. It seems an unusual instance where Rovers actually had a chunk of funds for it at the time, and it was held back due to the local backlash and worry about cars, only for the ring road to be built right next to the site a few years later. 

And today, even after all of the building works around that area over the past 25 years, the proposed stadium site still lies untouched and right next to the ring road.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That’s far more complex than the powers that be in Bristol and surrounds can process.

May be if we drew them some pictures it would help them. Put a tunnel in and it may even appeal to your underground-obsessed Mayor.

Being backwards and slow occasionally has benefits, but in this instance, not.

Beyond despair of a City, that has so many natural assets and talents, being led by a bunch of donkeys. Moved away nearly 50 years ago and so glad for the enrichment of ‘can do’ cultures elsewhere in this (once) fine Country of ours.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RedRock said:

That’s far more complex than the powers that be in Bristol and surrounds can process.

May be if we drew them some pictures it would help them. Put a tunnel in and it may even appeal to your underground-obsessed Mayor.

Being backwards and slow occasionally has benefits, but in this instance, not.

Beyond despair of a City, that has so many natural assets and talents, being led by a bunch of donkeys. Moved away nearly 50 years ago and so glad for the enrichment of ‘can do’ cultures elsewhere in this (once) fine Country of ours.

Meh, Bristol is okay. Has it's faults of course, just like everywhere, but I'm bemused how many people continue to slag off, what is a very, very nice place to live.

maybe you should move back and see just how cool it is :)

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

That's a pretty fascinating resource - and an insane number of failed attempts.

I actually hadn't realised just how advanced the Mangotsfield plans eventually went. It seems an unusual instance where Rovers actually had a chunk of funds for it at the time, and it was held back due to the local backlash and worry about cars, only for the ring road to be built right next to the site a few years later. 

And today, even after all of the building works around that area over the past 25 years, the proposed stadium site still lies untouched and right next to the ring road.

It might have a chance of getting planning permission now, but it would involve Wael spending big money which he doesn’t want to do 

• Like 1