IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

And we cancelled the contract he didn't have for maintaining our IT systems.

This was hilarious, City stating the global company that we use for all IT very clearly on the website. But no! A loss losing shop in Henbury does all the work hahaha.

• Like 2

On 15/06/2023 at 09:54, miser said:

It's already there, but to give a sense of progress, it will only take a photo once a month. 

As that nice man Wally Al Qaida keeps saying - these things take time////

On 16/06/2023 at 19:05, petehinton said:

According to someone on their forum, it’s better to not sign anyone at the beginning of the transfer window as the fees are too expensive….

Gas logic. 

To be fair he's right.  At the end of the transfer window the free agents are getting desperate and stop asking for a signing on fee.

23 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

I wonder what Henbury Gas has to say about this….

It was obviously those gert 'teds getting in the home end again.  tsk.

Another day with no signings. But that’s expected because staff are on holiday and window only officially opened last week apparently….blimey. Not like that stopped us signing 3 already. If Barton really does want to do recruitment all by himself and that involves nothing happening until he’s working, then god help them!

Edited by petehinton

6 hours ago, petehinton said:

Exactly, been saying it for a few years now. Their model is completely ******. It really is. It’ll come home to roost at some point, maybe even this summer as they’re currently a week away from having a pre season with 16 senior pros…

Youre much better off at Exeter/us/staying at a RTC…or even at Weston tbh. Ryan Jones is a brilliant player they picked up from Weston but tbh I think they’ll stunt him due to lack of quality coaches, Barton won’t play him so he’ll just be shunted out on NLS loans again. 

I genuinely think they'll struggle this season and Jailbird Joey doesn't exactly have a reputation of developing young players... Well his clubs own young players and they don't seem to be signing 13 players soon.

I feel sorry for the person who comes in after Joey because it'll be just like Nige when he took over a complete rework from top to bottom but they probably won't be given the same amount of time as the sags need to be above us no matter what.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Another day with no signings. But that’s expected because staff are on holiday apparently….blimey. Not like that stopped us signing 3 already. If Barton really does want to do recruitment all by himself and that involves nothing happening until he’s working, then god help them!

I'm guessing the well of scousers that used to play for Fleetwood is starting to run dry after 3 seasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5