IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Christ…

3C6CD6C8-6FB0-42C0-ADBB-7701FA0EC3FD.png

After Gary O'Neil was sacked for doing a fantastic job keeping Bournemouth in the top flight and Darren Moore was sacked for doing a brilliant job in turning around a first leg defeat to win the play off final and get Sheffield Wednesday back to the Championship, Wally and Tom want the sag fans to know Joey is going nowhere.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Eddy Jennings appears to be real - he's a mate of Barton's who seems to just hang around whatever club he is at doing made up jobs.

It's clear that Wael thinks Barton walks on water. So has allowed him to basically bring his mates into every key position in the club, whether they are able to do the job or not. What other Chairman would allow a manager that not only had 1 crown court trial, but two, to carry on. Every other manager facing that would have been on gardening leave. I know he got off both cases (by various means), but that's not the point is it?

I know there's normally a bit of nepotism in every club ( Look no further than our current chairman), but the CEO being Barton's mate as well is not the best in any shape or form.

NP has said that sometimes at clubs you have to have really difficult conversations, where things are challenged. This cabal of scousers are not great for Rovers in the medium to long term for sure. 

26 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

It's clear that Wael thinks Barton walks on water. So has allowed him to basically bring his mates into every key position in the club, whether they are able to do the job or not. What other Chairman would allow a manager that not only had 1 crown court trial, but two, to carry on. Every other manager facing that would have been on gardening leave. I know he got off both cases (by various means), but that's not the point is it?

I know there's normally a bit of nepotism in every club ( Look no further than our current chairman), but the CEO being Barton's mate as well is not the best in any shape or form.

NP has said that sometimes at clubs you have to have really difficult conversations, where things are challenged. This cabal of scousers are not great for Rovers in the medium to long term for sure. 

I had no idea that Gorringe was a mate of Bartons.

Or is there a new CEO brought in by Barton ?

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

This guy certainly seems to not have a lot in terms of experience or qualifications for an in depth role at a football club.

He went into Fleetwood as a 'consultant' and somehow bagged the DoF role while there. And is now just hanging around in the background for the fewers.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/eddy-jennings-joey-barton-bristol-7107802?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Cracking post over on Gaschat....

>>Now the transfer rules have changed, I genuinely wonder if we will start to sign players from abroad? Some cracking players to be found in the lower leagues of Italy, France, Spain, Germany and elsewhere. Eddie Jennings may be able to utilise contacts from his time working for the Wasserman Group agency and Joey might have gained some contacts from his playing days in France.

A maximum of two players will be available to League One and League Two teams if a potential signing does not meet the points-based criteria to automatically qualify for the Governing Body Endorsement needed to play here.<<

The posted appears to be oblivious that before we left the EU, they could have signed 'players from abroad/Europe' at any point, and they wouldn't have been limited to 2. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

40 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Cracking post over on Gaschat....

>>Now the transfer rules have changed, I genuinely wonder if we will start to sign players from abroad? Some cracking players to be found in the lower leagues of Italy, France, Spain, Germany and elsewhere. Eddie Jennings may be able to utilise contacts from his time working for the Wasserman Group agency and Joey might have gained some contacts from his playing days in France.

A maximum of two players will be available to League One and League Two teams if a potential signing does not meet the points-based criteria to automatically qualify for the Governing Body Endorsement needed to play here.<<

The posted appears to be oblivious that before we left the EU, they could have signed 'players from abroad/Europe' at any point, and they wouldn't have been limited to 2. 

Quite apart from the points you make, what on earth do those deluded weirdos base their undying optimism on? It really is hard to fathom.

Edited by Porto Red

16 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Quite apart from the points you make, what on earth do those deluded weirdos base their undying optimism on? It really is hard to fathom.

They have to focus on the greatness of the Gas (6th richest club in this country), otherwise thoughts turn to 'Da Shit' at which point they have a total meltdown and want to fight everyone in a raged rabid frenzy of 'small club' syndrome.

10 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

I can just imagine an overseas player, living a great Mediterranean lifestyle thinking, yep I must leave my home country to play for a team like BR....

Dodgy stadium plans, dodgy manager, unknown finance, poor facilities. Why, why, why.....?

2 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I can just imagine an overseas player, living a great Mediterranean lifestyle thinking, yep I must leave my home country to play for a team like BR....

Dodgy stadium plans, dodgy manager, unknown finance, poor facilities. Why, why, why.....?

The famous quarterzzz innit!

Have the plans been submitted and registered for the super duper new stand (with a concourse mind) ?

I know these things take time, but they're cutting it fine if they want to have everything in place by August.

We don't want them cocking it up and have ST holders with nowhere to sit etc..

Do we.....

19 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They seem to think they’re gonna announce 3/4 signings in one go…think they’ll need to at this rate. Fair play if they do!

They do that often, on deadline day, a few kids and League Two rejects normally 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, richwwtk said:

This guy certainly seems to not have a lot in terms of experience or qualifications for an in depth role at a football club.

He went into Fleetwood as a 'consultant' and somehow bagged the DoF role while there. And is now just hanging around in the background for the fewers.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/eddy-jennings-joey-barton-bristol-7107802?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

******* hell. I've heard people on here talk about the Rovers reporter, but had never read one of his articles. 

Talk about over the top. Barton took them down with a whimper, and then managed to get them up with an amazing 1/2 season, which he's never replicated, and was driven by a wonderkid. 

The way that reads is like some articles on Guardiola and the recruitment strategy at Man City, or some of the articles that look in depth at Brentford etc. 

Ashton would have loved him to be our reporter during his time. 

Edited by Rebounder

12 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I'd love a job like that, 15'ers "recruitment guru"............sit around all day on their fat arse doing  the square root of **** all  !

• Like 2

20 hours ago, richwwtk said:

So being a scouser and working at Fleetwood also now seems to be a prerequisite for getting a job at Rovers as well as playing there.

Is Barton some sort of charity for lonesome scousers who found themselves against their will, stuck on the Lancashire coast?

21 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Not many people have seen 'Ed', but apparently he is part of the furniture at Tinpot Town so that sort of gave it away for me.

Anyway, I've tracked down a photo of Ed 'part of the furniture' Jennings, here he is unveiled....

Chair.thumb.jpg.d2c17acf886c225c95822fc73dab6037.jpg

• Haha 2

So, as far as I can make out, they've done an "artists impression" of their new permanent structure but no detailed drawings. They haven’t submitted it to the council for planning approval. Presumably, therefore they also haven’t consulted the residents immediately behind this proposed structure for comment & how it could impact them.

They plan to open it in August 23 ready for the new season and are actively selling season tickets to their lemmings for it.

I hope there's a sag out there who can read this, they'll then understand why we laugh at them so much.

Unbelievably tinpot.

• Like 1

That Post article is mental, could easily take multiple parts of it and rip it apart as laughable. 

But I do like the one quote here where he seems to be taking credit for Anderson "Jennings’ principles also guided the decisions to bring in James Connolly and Elliot Anderson in January."

Rovers or Jennings simply just got lucky with Anderson when they signed him on loan. Due to their brilliant recruitment planning by the likes of Rovers, Barton and Jennings, Rovers were basically ringing around clubs at the end of the transfer window scrounging for any players (not too hard to believe). Newcastle had Anderson and they offered him to Rovers, they said he was an excellent prospect but a lack of experience, so it would be a bit of a gamble if it would work out or not.

There was no "guided decisions" to bring Anderson in, unless you count guided into scrambling around clubs scrounging, they just got very lucky due to their own planning of recruitment being abysmal.