IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Well, I googled Amy Clement and can only find good things.

If she really is as bad as to colour your opinion of the whole movement then I guess I will have to take your word for it.

Lots of deleted tweets tell a different story. A lot of people have seen it and she issued the obligatory ‘I was young’ defence to the racist and homophobic tweets that have since gone. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

adverts for local tradesmen needed going in shop windows soon............

That's not true...its local "retired" tradesmen looking to keep their hand in...must be hundreds of retired stadium erectors in the Bristol area looking for a bit of part time work.

21 minutes ago, weepywall said:

That's not true...its local "retired" tradesmen looking to keep their hand in...must be hundreds of retired stadium erectors in the Bristol area looking for a bit of part time work.

Some of the lads who worked on the second Severn bridge must be getting on a bit now and might be interested.

• Haha 2

• Admin
On 26/06/2023 at 10:02, Former Pirate said:

Morning Chaps/Chapesses,

Long time no speak. Thought I’d drop in to see what was happening, bit quiet in the world of BRFC isn’t it? 

I’m officially done with this club now and consider myself an ex-supporter. Done with the constant bullshit from the Merseyside Mafia and every decision that’s made being further and further away from the club I grew to love, that used to be a genuine family club (stop laughing). 

Barton can do what he likes for all I care now, the reaction from a lot of fans shows me they deserve him and his band of merry *****. 

Rivalry aside I hope you’re all keeping well, and if anyone can help change my profile name from ‘Fordingbridge Pirate’ to ‘Former Pirate’…!

Much love,

FP

Happy to help convert lost souls……

2 hours ago, Former Pirate said:

Still not a fork in the ground… no chance of planning in time for September. 

Fair to say there's no chance of planning or building consents being granted in time, but on the contrary, they're pushing ahead with the build full speed, without so much as a nod to the necessary regulations. 

Implicit from the tone of Wael's big announcement a couple of months ago, they plan to blame others (NIMBYs, anti-Rovers councilors, etc) when the season starts and they don't have consent to use the stand, despite having sold season tickets for it. 

Contrary to their statement at the time, "Planning permissions and building regulations have all been submitted", that wasn't actually true, it was a big lie, but they went ahead and started work anyway. 

“Given the scale of the development, timelines are tight and we will be doing all we can to ensure that the new structure is in place as quickly as possible, with minimum disruption. That said, as with any development of this nature, there is always the chance of delays that are out of our control, but we have done all we can to look to mitigate this risk.

"Planning permissions and building regulations have all been submitted, and the club is working with our Safety Advisory Group to make sure that all regulations are covered as part of the build process, so that the new development can be signed-off for use at the earliest possible opportunity.

"We would like to ask supporters to remain patient whilst we work through these improvements, but the expectation is that they will be completed in time for the new season." 

Condensed version: we will bully our way through this, regardless of due process or the rights of our neighbours. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Fair to say there's no chance of planning or building consents being granted in time, but on the contrary, they're pushing ahead with the build full speed, without so much as a nod to the necessary regulations. 

Implicit from the tone of Wael's big announcement a couple of months ago, they plan to blame others (NIMBYs, anti-Rovers councilors, etc) when the season starts and they don't have consent to use the stand, despite having sold season tickets for it. 

Contrary to their statement at the time, "Planning permissions and building regulations have all been submitted", that wasn't actually true, it was a big lie, but they went ahead and started work anyway. 

“Given the scale of the development, timelines are tight and we will be doing all we can to ensure that the new structure is in place as quickly as possible, with minimum disruption. That said, as with any development of this nature, there is always the chance of delays that are out of our control, but we have done all we can to look to mitigate this risk.

"Planning permissions and building regulations have all been submitted, and the club is working with our Safety Advisory Group to make sure that all regulations are covered as part of the build process, so that the new development can be signed-off for use at the earliest possible opportunity.

"We would like to ask supporters to remain patient whilst we work through these improvements, but the expectation is that they will be completed in time for the new season." 

Condensed version: we will bully our way through this, regardless of due process or the rights of our neighbours. 

That normally ends one way, with the new installation having to be torn down

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

If that were to happen; that would be one of the greatest gifts from them ever ! ?

(after getting relegated to non league of course).

Edited by The Gasbuster

9 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

If that were to happen; that would be one of the greatest gifts from them ever ! ?

(after getting relegated to non league of course).

I’ve got the bag of popcorn ? open already. They really need to change their stance to ‘we’ll lap it up once it actually starts to happen’, but we know that they won’t do that, they’ll just cling to anything because they are that desperate and needy and that’s what gives us the laughs.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Yes. Councillors, generally, take a pretty dim view of premature erections. 

The question is, have the Council good grounds for a refusal ? If they have, and they receive objections from local residents - impact on residential amenity, traffic and parking issues immediately spring to mind - that could well make life very difficult for our gassy friends. 

I thought from the outset that they were taking a massive risk. That said, if the height and massing of the stand has no greater impact on local residents that the old stand and there is no increase in capacity … I suspect they’ll get it. 

I'm no expert, but I just had a look and I still can't even see an application. 
There have been excuses , at the end of April James Piercy mentions there had been an application but then says Rovers hadn't detailed how big the Stand would be. OK, give them that , it might just be they didn't tell the Post. Wael goes on to say.....

“Given the scale of the development, timelines are tight and we will be doing all we can to ensure that the new structure is in place as quickly as possible, with minimum disruption. That said, as with any development of this nature, there is always the chance of delays that are out of our control, but we have done all we can to look to mitigate this risk.”

I had a quick look and still can't see any application, anyone more ITK on these things know any better ? 
Could this be getting excuses in early? Not applying then blaming someone else ? Does seem odd taking the old stand down & moving/selling the big TV unless you were serious about  the new one. 

Any experts on here that could shed some serious light as to what may be happening ? 
Are there ways around Planning? Previous structure footprint or something else. While I like just taking piss, I'm interested now.

Rovers get their man again!

Fans over the moon!

Hes got a past, haven’t we all HAPPY DAYZ” they say.

”who cares what he does outside football as long as he gets us in the same division as the shit…up da gaz”

PROWED TOBE GAS” another one paints on his fence.

F4D919CF-87AE-4ECB-AFD4-2041736392FD.jpeg

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Since when was planning permission required to construct something from IKEA?

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Yes. Councillors, generally, take a pretty dim view of premature erections. 

The question is, have the Council good grounds for a refusal ? If they have, and they receive objections from local residents - impact on residential amenity, traffic and parking issues immediately spring to mind - that could well make life very difficult for our gassy friends. 

I thought from the outset that they were taking a massive risk. That said, if the height and massing of the stand has no greater impact on local residents that the old stand and there is no increase in capacity … I suspect they’ll get it. 

I strongly suspect the Mayor will just wave this through retrospectively.

The new stand won't increase their capacity by so much that parking/amenities will be adversely affected, surely? And although it's a bigger tent than the one its replacing, I don't think it will impact the houses behind that much - and I'm not sure that's even still a thing these days, "right to light" being a thing of the past (I think).    

31 minutes ago, RedRock said:

.... if the height and massing of the stand has no greater impact on local residents that the old stand and there is no increase in capacity … I suspect they’ll get it. 

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I strongly suspect the Mayor will just wave this through retrospectively.

The new stand won't increase their capacity by so much that parking/amenities will be adversely affected, surely? And although it's a bigger tent than the one its replacing, I don't think it will impact the houses behind that much - and I'm not sure that's even still a thing these days, "right to light" being a thing of the past (I think).    

It will be roughly twice the height of the old one, with about 2,500 additional seats. 

12 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Condensed version is 'we're too stupid to know we're fked'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, City Rocker said:

It will be roughly twice the height of the old one, with about 2,500 additional seats. 

Thank you, didn't know the specifics. That is quite a bit bigger. I guess they'll just say - "We won't fill it anyway, so there's nothing to worry about"!

And I still believe Rees will make sure everything is smoothed over and waved through, retrospectively if necessary. 

31 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Thank you, didn't know the specifics. That is quite a bit bigger. I guess they'll just say - "We won't fill it anyway, so there's nothing to worry about"!

And I still believe Rees will make sure everything is smoothed over and waved through, retrospectively if necessary. 

Hopefully their planning application includes traffic management and all that jazz.

If they are increasing capacity, then parking and transport options would surely need to be included.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Rovers get their man again!

Fans over the moon!

Hes got a past, haven’t we all HAPPY DAYZ” they say.

”who cares what he does outside football as long as he gets us in the same division as the shit…up da gaz”

PROWED TOBE GAS” another one paints on his fence.

F4D919CF-87AE-4ECB-AFD4-2041736392FD.jpeg

In fairness though he’s not in the first team, he’s joined to look after the youth team. Wait…

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm no expert, but I just had a look and I still can't even see an application. 
There have been excuses , at the end of April James Piercy mentions there had been an application but then says Rovers hadn't detailed how big the Stand would be. OK, give them that , it might just be they didn't tell the Post. Wael goes on to say.....

“Given the scale of the development, timelines are tight and we will be doing all we can to ensure that the new structure is in place as quickly as possible, with minimum disruption. That said, as with any development of this nature, there is always the chance of delays that are out of our control, but we have done all we can to look to mitigate this risk.”

I had a quick look and still can't see any application, anyone more ITK on these things know any better ? 
Could this be getting excuses in early? Not applying then blaming someone else ? Does seem odd taking the old stand down & moving/selling the big TV unless you were serious about  the new one. 

Any experts on here that could shed some serious light as to what may be happening ? 
Are there ways around Planning? Previous structure footprint or something else. While I like just taking piss, I'm interested now.

The one positive is that I know someone in the planning department of BCC and it definitely has been submitted. Not sure on exact date though and their portal is abysmal for updating things. 

Either way they aren’t getting approval this side of September absolute best case. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1