IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I strongly suspect the Mayor will just wave this through retrospectively.

The new stand won't increase their capacity by so much that parking/amenities will be adversely affected, surely? And although it's a bigger tent than the one its replacing, I don't think it will impact the houses behind that much - and I'm not sure that's even still a thing these days, "right to light" being a thing of the past (I think).    

Re: right to light no longer being a thing, does that mean we could build a bigger stand to replace the Atyeo?  I always thought the issue was right to light?

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

And I still believe Rees will make sure everything is smoothed over and waved through, retrospectively if necessary. 

The planning committee of BCC makes the decision. The Mayor is only involved in policy decisions on the strategic plan - like where to put a new concert venue and/or if the proposals are financed by major amounts of BCC cash. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

The planning committee of BCC makes the decision. The Mayor is only involved in policy decisions on the strategic plan - like where to put a new concert venue and/or if the proposals are financed by major amounts of BCC cash. 

Yes, I know RR. But do you think that's how it will pan out in reality, given Rees' personal bias and the historic inclination for BCC to bend over backwards for the Blue Few?  

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes, I know RR. But do you think that's how it will pan out in reality, given Rees' personal bias and the historic inclination for BCC to bend over backwards for the Blue Few?  

Do they really 'bend over backwards' for them?

Their ground is a dump so I can't see how on earth they've benefited from anything. Except not having a demolition order imposed. Maybe that was it ?

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

55 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Do they really 'bend over backwards' for them?

Their ground is a dump so I can't see how on earth they've benefited from anything. Except not having a demolition order imposed. Maybe that was it ?

No, the council has always been relatively nuetral when it comes to the cities football teams,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Former Pirate said:

The one positive is that I know someone in the planning department of BCC and it definitely has been submitted. Not sure on exact date though and their portal is abysmal for updating things. 

Either way they aren’t getting approval this side of September absolute best case. 

There's a 6-8 month delay in allocating planning applications to officers at BCC at the moment. 

I suspect Rovers will try and bully their way through the system by starting building and then pleading with the council that they can jump the queue as it would be urgent. 

It's a very unprofessional and risky way of going about doing things, but consistent with Rovers under Wael. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

No, the council has always been relatively nuetral when it comes to the cities football teams,

Neutral as support nothing the 2 clubs want to do , but just you wait if either club ( I mean city ) get to the premiership you watch them jump on the bandwagon with all the media coverage etc that goes with premiership football, 

absolutely useless 

Edited by redkev

9 minutes ago, redkev said:

Neutral as support nothing the 2 clubs want to do , but just you wait if either club ( I mean city ) get to the premiership you watch them jump on the bandwagon with all the media coverage etc that goes with premiership football, 

absolutely useless 

I bet they wouldn't, they have never supported sporting success in this City, they would continue to put more and more obstacles in the way for the club and the fans.

• Flames 1

49 minutes ago, redkev said:

absolutely useless 

No as if they favour one, the other crys foul, that's why they never helped us in 82, and never helped the gas find land for a new ground

• Like 1

So on the JB thing a lot of gas over on our forum saying it could be nothing - could be as little as a push and everyone’s getting worked up etc. Wait for the full story(why didn’t the club?)

I have saw the tweets from the alleged sister of the alleged victim and they’re not great reading. One implies he punched her head from behind unprovoked and repeatedly, knocked her to the ground and carried on and also spat at her. 

Some more digging reveals she’s said that there is footage and he also attacked police on the scene. 

So there’s footage out there and also tweets with a version of what happened from someone allegedly related to the alleged victim yet some of our moronic idiots are defending it, playing it down and some even saying well lucky us cos we’ve got a good player out of it when we wouldn’t have otherwise!!! 

Even if this is false if the club have done their due diligence they would have found this and waited until the trial!! 

I thought Joey and his nonsense was the final straw but the way gas fans have reacted is completely embarrassing and I don’t think I could ever go to the same stadium full of so many people with so little morals even after Joeys gone. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

So on the JB thing a lot of gas over on our forum saying it could be nothing - could be as little as a push and everyone’s getting worked up etc. Wait for the full story(why didn’t the club?)

I have saw the tweets from the alleged sister of the alleged victim and they’re not great reading. One implies he punched her head from behind unprovoked and repeatedly, knocked her to the ground and carried on and also spat at her. 

Some more digging reveals she’s said that there is footage and he also attacked police on the scene. 

So there’s footage out there and also tweets with a version of what happened from someone allegedly related to the alleged victim yet some of our moronic idiots are defending it, playing it down and some even saying well lucky us cos we’ve got a good player out of it when we wouldn’t have otherwise!!! 

Even if this is false if the club have done their due diligence they would have found this and waited until the trial!! 

I thought Joey and his nonsense was the final straw but the way gas fans have reacted is completely embarrassing and I don’t think I could ever go to the same stadium full of so many people with so little morals even after Joeys gone. 

Go on their forum and tell 'em.

See what you get :yawn: