IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Can someone more ITK than me say if I have this right.

Google says you usually have 21 days to object once plans are made public.
They applied on the 29th of June , so 21 days takes it to around the 20th of July.
The planning committee meet once a month, and met on 27th April . Would that mean around 27th of July for the next one ?
They have their first home game on August 12th. Though Google has them home Vs Chesterfield in a friendly on the 29th July.

If I have that right and if the plans are passed with no problems, it gives them just over a week to build, test and get the new stand passed. If I'm anywhere near right, that is a very tight schedule for a permanent building and fitting out. 

22 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

They applied on the 29th of June , so 21 days takes it to around the 20th of July.
The planning committee meet once a month, and met on 27th April . Would that mean around 27th of July for the next one ?
They have their first home game on August 12th. Though Google has them home Vs Chesterfield in a friendly on the 29th July.

If I have that right and if the plans are passed with no problems, it gives them just over a week to build, test and get the new stand passed. If I'm anywhere near right, that is a very tight schedule for a permanent building and fitting out. 

Don't forget the safety certificate once it's been constructed. Can't imagine the old bill, fire and local council just popping over for a quick look. That could be another couple of weeks.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Well if some.of the comments are to be believed, rovers have been building it without planning permission,

Haven't they sold season tickets for it already? It's not going to be ready or open for August 12th 

• Like 1

• Admin
54 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

No you're not correct 

They can build it without planning permission, but if it gets refused they'd have to tear it down PDQ 

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

No you're not correct 

They can build it without planning permission, but if it gets refused they'd have to tear it down PDQ 

This is all starting to sound a lot like that Captain Tom charity thing. 

I wonder if they have a captain called Tom and that was their plan all along, 

5 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

As many have said then, they will build it without permission and try to bully the council into approval.

I wouldn't throw away the assembly instructions if I were them.

Or throw away the correct fitting Allen keys.

29 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

As many have said then, they will build it without permission and try to bully the council into approval.

I wouldn't throw away the assembly instructions if I were them.

Better keep the boxes and receipt too, just in case.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

No you're not correct 

Of course I did mean for someone following the rules, or doing it how normal people would approach these things.

If they build without permission how would they get a SAG sign off to actually use it. It took us a few events to get our stands signed off for full use.

It would be the funniest thing ever if they tried to bully the Council only for them to have to take it apart again.

It’s usual for building inspectors to inspect the the work during key stages of construction to ensure each stage complies with building regulations. (This even happened when I built a small terrace at my house that was only about 5 feet high). If Rovers build the stand without the relevant inspections it may be difficult to get retrospective planning permission. From the council website:

“To make sure your building works comply with building regulations, you must give us notice when your work reaches a particular stage, we’ll then carry out an inspection.

You're legally required under the building regulations to tell us when you'll start your building works.  We'll tell you of other stages of your project that you're required to let us know to inspect, up to and including the completed works.”

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It’s usual for building inspectors to inspect the the work during key stages of construction to ensure each stage complies with building regulations. (This even happened when I built a small terrace at my house that was only about 5 feet high). If Rovers build the stand without the relevant inspections it may be difficult to get retrospective planning permission. From the council website:

“To make sure your building works comply with building regulations, you must give us notice when your work reaches a particular stage, we’ll then carry out an inspection.

You're legally required under the building regulations to tell us when you'll start your building works.  We'll tell you of other stages of your project that you're required to let us know to inspect, up to and including the completed works.”

You can get a private safety inspector to do those checks mate, we had the option for our extension. They cost about the same either way too in the domestic side of things so guessing the same commercially?