IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Rovers fans more worried about objections to their new shitty little stand. Than one of their players kicking the shit out of his Mrs. And there cretin of a manager.

Lost their moral compass ? over on the blue side 

Most of them wouldn’t care if it was their own daughters getting their heads kicked in as long as the bloke doing it was employed by the club or was just a ‘regular’ Gashead. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Whilst I'd love all this speculation about planning, regs etc.to be true, I can't believe that they would be so stupid to proceed without any assurances of it being passed. But still, it helps to pass the boring summer days !

Yeah that was my thought as well.

Considering it's quite a dramatic change from what they currently have I would imagine there's been some discussions to say "yeah we'll start building it by this date and put in planning permission retrospectively otherwise it won't be done in time for the new season."

I really hope I'm wrong and they have to tear it down.

• Robin 1

13 minutes ago, BS30 City said:

Rovers lot already making excuses for him as they did with JB. Not quite sure about the Danny Simpson case but any footballer pleading guilty or found guilty of assault shouldn't be able to play professional football again. If i was found guilty for it I would lose my job instantly.

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Rovers lot already making excuses for him as they did with JB. Not quite sure about the Danny Simpson case but any footballer pleading guilty or found guilty of assault shouldn't be able to play professional football again. If i was found guilty for it I would lose my job instantly.

The judge said "This will be a blemish on your previous good character," he added. "As a professional footballer you are a role model to many thousands of young people with a great influence on their decisions and lives.”

Has he seen the age profile of their crowd?

8 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Typical something for nothing philosophy !

Slarti you are living in a byegone era.

I yearn for a return to 1950's values just as you do.

But this is 1993 and violence towards women is now perfectly acceptable so long as you are an employee of Bristol Rovers FC.

Edited by bert tann
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

On 06/07/2023 at 11:57, Open End Numb Legs said:

Meanwhile, the objections are lining up to the bus shelter. Some good points made here:-

Comment:As a neighbour living close to the site of the proposed stand I have the following objections:

There has been no consultation with the neighbours in the community about the proposals.
Looking at the plans there are no measurements so that you can make a direct comparison between the size of the old stand and the new one but visually it looks to be about twice the height and about a third longer than the old stand.
This would cause direct impact on the amount of light coming to my house and garden and be a lot more overbearing than the old stand.
The new stand looks to be built directly at the boundary of the rovers property which is quite a bit closer than the old stand was.
Also aesthetically it will look like the back of a warehouse and since the trees which had grown between the old stand and our gardens have been removed by the contractors - there is nothing visually attractive to break up the view.
It is claimed that there will be less noise from the stand but there is nothing in the plans that evidences this.
As the stand will be bigger, closer, and include toilet and refreshment facilities it seems unlikely.

On match days the constant swearing and sometimes racist and homophobic commentary is pretty offensive for the neighbouring families so it would be great if the noise could be properly
dampened.
Construction work has started with pile driving very close to the boundaries of neighbouring properties. Knowing that the foundations of the old terraced houses are very shallow has there
been any assessment of potential subsidence in neighbouring homes as a consequence?
Parking on match days has always been a problem - what additional parking facilities will rovers
be including to ensure that the neighbours in the local areas aren't even more badly affected by
the additional fans that may come?
Rovers seems to pride itself on being part of the community but in the years I have been a neighbour has never really engaged with the neighbours. Why not?
Lastly I know that in the plans for a new stadium previously approved this stand would have been
bigger but those out-of-date plans relate to a time when Rovers owned the homes (including mine)
directly neighbouring the area and so there would have not been the direct and damaging impact
on the neighbours that there is now.

Imagine they have to tear it down and they're left with a full view of the pitch!  They think now there's nothing visually attractive....!

On 05/07/2023 at 18:55, Silvio Dante said:

Keith, Keith, Keith.

People in tented houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Oh I don't mind Keith posting reminders of that lot recently playing league matches against Eastleigh!

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

More then rovers fans ?

Silly little monkey Monkeh.... All the Rovers fans are locked out of the city so of course there's more City fans.....

Not defending him but think people are overlooking the part where she has pulled his hair after he'd spat but before he slaps her. 

He doesn't deserve to be kicked out of football for the offence committed so we move on and let him rehabilitate. If it happens again it's game over for him.”

Absolutely mental club, happens again? That’s two guilty pleases in 3 months.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Not defending him but think people are overlooking the part where she has pulled his hair after he'd spat but before he slaps her. 

I shuffled over to the corner of the room curled myself up into a ball and started to slobber.

Usually this happens to me at five pm on a Saturday afternoon but that comment has brought it on early.

1 hour ago, BS30 City said:

Oh I see….it wasn’t actually him that carried out the assault then it was the drink? Oh, well, not so bad then if it was the naughty alcohols fault. All hail to the ale!! ?

”I go down pub and I have 10 pints, oh dear I think I’m getting plastered, I go outside and I beat up wench cuz I’m a p1ssed up Gashead b4stard….chuckie chuckie chuckie”

Edited by Gert Mare

44 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Crazy amount of Gas jumping to defend him. How depressing. 

Not really, the cult of Barton.

Once you’ve reconciled yourself to appointing him & Spendlove then you’re on the road to accepting pretty much anything.

Those that refuse to watch them under him have my total respect but they’re a small percentage.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Didn't we sign Simpson ???

I'm sure we did.

Yes & both were wrong.

We didn’t employ a convicted criminal as our manager or a chief scout who was on trial for the manslaughter of a policeman, though.

13 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Didn't we sign Simpson ???

I'm sure we did.

7 years after it happened. This happened basically 5 months ago. He could’ve gone to prison for it. He was suspended by his club and hasn’t played football since January basically. 

They’ve taken the facts that presumably he’s given them, and gone “okay, he spat at a woman, slapped her in the face twice so hard she had bruising on both cheeks, threaten her mate….yeah fine get him in”. because no othe club will want to touch him, and if they did they couldn’t afford him. Selling themselves, again, to try and get promoted at any costs when he’s not even of the quality to risk doing it for. 

To try and paint him in a better light, they used a picture of him and his kids together as his “debut picture” for social media. It’s absolutely grim. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, the thug manager has a stadium ban kicking in from game one for four games for verbally assaulting a refereee both on and off the pitch, their new striker pleads guilty of two accounts of assault against women, and their head coach is waiting on the outcome of alleged homophobic verbal abuse directed at a Plymouth staff member.

Not a bad start to the season for them.

Last pre-season it was the thug up before the beak on a charge of assaulting his wife. I may have missed others.

Nice family club.

Not.

• Like 1

Further, well thought through objections:-

Comment:

I vigorously object to the development application ref 23/01441/F as proposed in current
plans on the basis that it will have a significant detrimental impact upon residential amenities.

1)The proposed development is twice the height of the previous structure, meaning that the proposed new stand will significantly overshadow the neighbouring properties. This in turn will negatively impact on the light available in those neighbouring properties both in habitable rooms and garden spaces. It will significantly overshadow the neighbouring property/ies due to the proposed development being on land higher than the neighbouring street, and the height of the proposed development itself. Reducing the light by unacceptable levels.

2) Due to the height and open nature of the stands (as it appears on the plans) the proposed development would result in a loss of privacy by overlooking the neighbouring property/ies and gardens when the proposed development is occupied. This is compounded by the fact the site already sits higher than the neighbouring properties. This would also be true of individuals who
could overlook private gardens when using the under stand concourse.

3) The proposed addition of seating capacity by 2000, would further adversely affect the traffic safety and parking in the area by increasing cars visiting the area, which is already adversely affected on match days.

4) The additional 2000 person capacity will lead to an increase in noise and disturbance. The negative impact is compounded by the proposed ground level concourse containing toilets and
food outlets, meaning additional foot traffic (and associated noise) on the boundary between the proposed development and neighbouring property.

• Like 1