IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

This is the owner of the flag… 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/british-football-fan-stabbed-in-bratislava-after-england-world-cup-qualifier-a3337606.html

yeah yeah yeah but he’s “sound” & a memeber of their “gas hit squad” too though. 

Saw him not that long ago...he can barely walk anymore 

In a fairly bizarre philosophical leap some of the more demented posters on their forum are now spinning this signing of a violent convicted criminal as an altruistic act by St Joey of Barton who has actually signed him with the primary purpose of reforming and redeeming him, and is in a position to do this as he understands him given that his own charge sheet is as long as his arm.

They have gone so far beyond the pale now that even Lee Power-era Swindon fans will be appalled.

And as we all know, a fish rots from the head.

1_16a08443956.2126220_1523556846_16a0844

Not such a nice man after all.

• Like 16

8 hours ago, alexukhc said:

“It would be impossible for him to do community work, cuz of his job”

**** off, wouldn’t even read his apology in court n got his solicitor to read it out for him

get ******

Most footballers are on their way home by early to mid afternoon, they have more opportunity for community work than most.

• Flames 3

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

In a fairly bizarre philosophical leap some of the more demented posters on their forum are now spinning this signing of a violent convicted criminal as an altruistic act by St Joey of Barton who has actually signed him with the primary purpose of reforming and redeeming him, and is in a position to do this as he understands him given that his own charge sheet is as long as his arm.

They have gone so far beyond the pale now that even Lee Power-era Swindon fans will be appalled.

And as we all know, a fish rots from the head.

1_16a08443956.2126220_1523556846_16a0844

Not such a nice man after all.

You are right, it's a big leap isn't it? "call me Joe" is hardly the role model when it comes to reforming his ways since his convictions is he? To pretend he is some sort of psychologist or svengali is pushing it to say the least.

He's more like one of those AA sponsors who falls off the rails themselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Most footballers are on their way home by early to mid afternoon, they have more opportunity for community work than most.

It`s quite a common thing for players found guilty to have to do community service. They often end up doing their time coaching kids teams or something like that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s quite a common thing for players found guilty to have to do community service. They often end up doing their time coaching kids teams or something like that.

Not always…

IMG_1398.thumb.webp.2ef1399971825e1d270f46c378446ed0.webp

• Haha 11
  • Flames 2

13 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Fair reply. Hope you go down . :yes:

I still stand by what I said in my original post btw, there are many, many crimes, committed by all sorts of people, not just footballers and the hypocrisy of the lynch mob knows no bounds, but that's all part of the modern world I'm afraid, along with vacuous meaningless statements put out by corporations, including football clubs, whenever they feel like they should be 'being seen' to be doing something. It's all incredibly depressing. Oh, and one more thing that got my goat, although it could just be me overthinking things. The welcome to Rovers post that was put out for Jevani Brown showed him in the kit with his kids. I don't think I have ever seen a welcome pic like that before, the cynical among us may be tempted to believe that was an attempt to portray him as a 'family man' and that sort of shite really does piss me off.

I don't think Rovers are any better or any worse than any other club at this sort of bollocks. Jevani Brown has been punished by the courts and not one of us will ever really know the circumstances behind what happened that night, but he isn't the first and he certainly won't be the last to be involved in something like this.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I still stand by what I said in my original post btw, there are many, many crimes, committed by all sorts of people, not just footballers and the hypocrisy of the lynch mob knows no bounds, but that's all part of the modern world I'm afraid, along with vacuous meaningless statements put out by corporations, including football clubs, whenever they feel like they should be 'being seen' to be doing something. It's all incredibly depressing. Oh, and one more thing that got my goat, although it could just be me overthinking things. The welcome to Rovers post that was put out for Jevani Brown showed him in the kit with his kids. I don't think I have ever seen a welcome pic like that before, the cynical among us may be tempted to believe that was an attempt to portray him as a 'family man' and that sort of shite really does piss me off.

I don't think Rovers are any better or any worse than any other club at this sort of bollocks. Jevani Brown has been punished by the courts and not one of us will ever really know the circumstances behind what happened that night, but he isn't the first and he certainly won't be the last to be involved in something like this.

You make some fair points but we do know that he was drunk and struck a woman twice. What other circumstances would mitigate his offence?

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

.......but he isn't the first and he certainly won't be the last to be involved in something like this.

Well he won't be the last if society imposes lenient penalties and football clubs turn a blind eye - the whole point of deterrent is lost. What stops another player going out tonight and doing the same if they think it will just cost them a few £k?

According to Gaschat - 'We will rehabilitate him, we have done nothing wrong' etc. Maybe not but if that is how they want to be associated then they should expect a moral backlash too.

Technically and legally ok, morally and reputation wise - terrible news for the club and genuine fans.

For me the way back for this player is to put all his spare time into charitable and community work. It won't be good enough to just be a goal scoring hero. 

4 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Well he won't be the last if society imposes lenient penalties and football clubs turn a blind eye - the whole point of deterrent is lost. What stops another player going out tonight and doing the same if they think it will just cost them a few £k?

According to Gaschat - 'We will rehabilitate him, we have done nothing wrong' etc. Maybe not but if that is how they want to be associated then they should expect a moral backlash too.

Technically and legally ok, morally and reputation wise - terrible news for the club and genuine fans.

For me the way back for this player is to put all his spare time into charitable and community work. It won't be good enough to just be a goal scoring hero. 

Just out of interest, what do you think the penalty should have been?

24 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Who knows, and I'm not saying there are any. 

If there was further mitigation his lawyer would have presented it to the court. As it was mitigation seems to have been that he is an alcoholic but a good husband and father.

I struggle to see what evidence that would have gone in his favour would have been withheld from the court and why his lawyer would have not used it.

Speculating that there might have been evidence the court wasn't aware of seems to be clutching at straws and undermines your case.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, alexukhc said:

“It would be impossible for him to do community work, cuz of his job”

**** off, wouldn’t even read his apology in court n got his solicitor to read it out for him

get ******

I recall Wayne Rooney wearing a hi-vis and doing some community work.

If it's good enough for him, then it is certainly good enough for this sag "nobody".

• Flames 4

8 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I recall Wayne Rooney wearing a hi-vis and doing some community work.

If it's good enough for him, then it is certainly good enough for this sag "nobody".

And Eric Cantona. And Carlos Tevez. But apparently not a gas player. Maybe they just view signing for the gas as community service in itself. 

44 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Just out of interest, what do you think the penalty should have been?

I don't think we should make up a new framework for the criminal justice system on a Saturday morning, I think you should focus on the other part of my reply, that Rovers have decided that they are happy to get a lot of bad publicity for taking him on.

Legally ok, but does it make you want to wear the infamous quarters when striding off to the shops?

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I know what I think

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Me personally if you hit a woman you’re a *** end of. Rovers City doesn’t matter. But a quote from Wally regarding the thug you have in charge was along the lines of 

but club president Wael Al Qadi wrote in an open letter that Rovers stood “firmly against any form of violence” and that “any individual that is found guilty of any such offences will be dismissed immediately”.

Well you’re new guy has been found guilty, but hey maybe you’re owner has had a change of heart.

................unless, of course, he's any good and we got him for free "!

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

If there was further mitigation his lawyer would have presented it to the court. As it was mitigation seems to have been that he is an alcoholic but a good husband and father.

I struggle to see what evidence that would have gone in his favour would have been withheld from the court and why his lawyer would have not used it.

Speculating that there might have been evidence the court wasn't aware of seems to be clutching at straws and undermines your case.

I don't have and am not trying to make any case. 

41 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I don't think we should make up a new framework for the criminal justice system on a Saturday morning, I think you should focus on the other part of my reply, that Rovers have decided that they are happy to get a lot of bad publicity for taking him on.

Legally ok, but does it make you want to wear the infamous quarters when striding off to the shops?

If you mean do the actions of any individuals have a bearing on my support for Rovers, then no . Does that mean I support or condone the actions of those individuals, that's a no as well. I suspect that am no different to 99% of football fans of any club in that respect.

• Like 3