IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Not really no, I have enough opinions about the real world that upset people, I don't need to add to them :)

I am serious btw, when I get asked hypothetical questions I tend to answer with 'Ask me when it happens'

Hypothetical can be the real world though.

I am decorating at the moment. If I said to my wife 'I am going to paint the front room bright pink, is that ok?' and she said 'ask me when it happens' I would be very surprised. She would of course, instead predict hypothetically that she wouldn't like it.

Not as bad as blue and white quarters, but you get my drift.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Had a chat with a gas head in the gym who didn’t like my opening comment that “I hear the Russian army are recruiting from Rovers as more convicts there than in Russia”

We then discussed the Brown signing & within a few minutes had gone from I’m not defending him but……… he only slapped her, he was drunk, he was racially abused & had his hair pulled & everyone makes mistakes.  No mention of spitting in her face and how would he feel if that lady was his wife or daughter.  I also said in essence if it was a shit player the club would have released the player if already there as per Wael’s statement pre Barton trial.

The bloke was getting more & more rattled and compared the incident with bankruptcy in 82 with the quote “where were your clubs morals when businesses and players weren’t paid!”

Strange lot at times.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Had a chat with a gas head in the gym who didn’t like my opening comment that “I hear the Russian army are recruiting from Rovers as more convicts there than in Russia”

We then discussed the Brown signing & within a few minutes had gone from I’m not defending him but……… he only slapped her, he was drunk, he was racially abused & had his hair pulled & everyone makes mistakes.  No mention of spitting in her face and how would he feel if that lady was his wife or daughter.  I also said in essence if it was a shit player the club would have released the player if already there as per Wael’s statement pre Barton trial.

The bloke was getting more & more rattled and compared the incident with bankruptcy in 82 with the quote “where were your clubs morals when businesses and players weren’t paid!”

Strange lot at times.

“At times” is superfluous here. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Not really no, I have enough opinions about the real world that upset people, I don't need to add to them :)

I am serious btw, when I get asked hypothetical questions I tend to answer with 'Ask me when it happens'

But you asked a load of hypotheticals yourself earlier, you asked what if it was a scammer who caused heartbreak (what was the scam, how much, who was the victim), extra punishment for assaults on men (what are the assaults you talk of), you asked about certain age groups (what age groups), you asked about drink drivers and drug users (what were the circumstances)?

A lot of hypotheticals as you never gave any actual examples, but you expected people to answer them, yet refuse to answer any you get asked?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

I love how their answer every time is “1982” which is the playground equivalent of saying “your mum”

1982 41 years ago, 

Yet a week doesn't go by without them embarrassing themselves, they literally the laughing stock of the entire nation 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

36 minutes ago, TheReds said:

But you asked a load of hypotheticals yourself earlier, you asked what if it was a scammer who caused heartbreak (what was the scam, how much, who was the victim), extra punishment for assaults on men (what are the assaults you talk of), you asked about certain age groups (what age groups), you asked about drink drivers and drug users (what were the circumstances)?

A lot of hypotheticals as you never gave any actual examples, but you expected people to answer them, yet refuse to answer any you get asked?

Where did I expect people to answer them?

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Where did I expect people to answer them?

You just ended this post with a question mark which to me (bizarrely) it looks like the question mark is asking a question.

I also thought (bizarrely) with all of the question marks in your post the other day that you would expect your questions to be answered, you know, because you were actually asking a load of questions.

I never knew my English was bad enough to see a question mark, but the person who used it wasn't actually asking a question. 

21 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

1982 41 years ago, 

Yet a week doesn't go by without them embarrassing themselves, they literally the laughing stock of the entire nation 

Innit funny 41 years ago, what they have over us in that time? Literal zero, bless

9 hours ago, TheReds said:

You just ended this post with a question mark which to me (bizarrely) it looks like the question mark is asking a question.

I also thought (bizarrely) with all of the question marks in your post the other day that you would expect your questions to be answered, you know, because you were actually asking a load of questions.

I never knew my English was bad enough to see a question mark, but the person who used it wasn't actually asking a question. 

Okay, here's a question for you. Do you know what rhetorical means?

Edited by Miah Dennehy

13 hours ago, petehinton said:

On topic…..3rd pre season game for them tomorrow and they’re just a small 8 players away from R Joe’s magic 12 that he decided he needed. To help them finish mid table, get bored, realise they have no budget to go again and then start applying around for jobs. 

We both know how this ends.

August supermarket sweep where they sign 5 players on a season long loan from Prem clubs.

One of them moves on in January to a team with a realistic chance of the playoffs, one does well for them, the other 3 are meh.

The Post writes an article saying the one who moved on wasn’t that good (complete opposite of what they said in previous months), Barton claims referees are against them & he gets a touchline ban for threatening a match official.

They finish 14th, above Cheltenham & Fleetwood but below Lincoln, Barton says he’s the best manager in the league.

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

??? if it’s rhetorical it doesn’t need a question mark as it doesn’t require a answer 

We clearly had different English teachers, I have never heard of a rhetorical question not requiring a question mark. A quick Google check suggests they do. If, however, we have any experts in the subject on here who can confirm that one way or the other,I am more than happy to apologise for my ignorance :)

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We clearly had different English teachers, I have never heard of a rhetorical question not requiring a question mark. A quick Google check suggests they do. If, however, we have any experts in the subject on here who can confirm that one way or the other,I am more than happy to apologise for my ignorance :)

You don't need to apologise for being ignorant.

You already suffer your fate from that curse as a result of the team ot has set you up with ?

19 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Why would you need a question mark for a statement which a rhetorical question is . According to Brittanica dictionary anyway . 

49 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Okay, here's a question for you. Do you know what rhetorical means?

Is that a question?

When you were doing everything possible to stick up for your clubs lack of morals, you asked loads of questions to try and deflect away from the absolute shit show that your owner and Manager have happily created. I therefore mistakenly (iyo) thought you were asking actual questions because they seemed genuine. 

I replied to your post at the time, even mentioning the load of questions you asked. You never replied saying your questions were rhetorical which would've been quite simple to do, then again you never replied as my post made yours look extremely stupid.

I signed it off with the following which sums it up quite nicely if I do say so myself:

Family club my arse. The last couple of seasons will have you down as one of the most despised clubs in the UK. 

Your club deserves Barton and Barton deserves your club. 

• Flames 1