IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

Whilst I still question the number they had at Wembley that day, let's not sink to their level and use non facts

Grimsby fans were on the three tiers on the side of the pitch

Rovers had both ends, this end in your picture is the section that should have been used by Grimsby - the other end was full

Rovers only had the lower section as extra that day if anyone knows what sections hold

You need to delete this mate. Otherwise, the Blue Few will take it as fact, even those who were at Wembley and witnessed Grimsby fans behind the other goal with their own eyes and even those who look at the video evidence on this thread and dismiss it as some deep fake by them gurt teds 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Whilst I still question the number they had at Wembley that day, let's not sink to their level and use non facts

Grimsby fans were on the three tiers on the side of the pitch

Rovers had both ends, this end in your picture is the section that should have been used by Grimsby - the other end was full

Rovers only had the lower section as extra that day if anyone knows what sections hold

This was the Rovers end. About 15,000 Gasheads came dressed as red seats for some reason?

As others have pointed out, Grimsby had the other end.

A5BC7997-9474-49DC-ABD0-F85C70C59E9D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As is so often the case, Rovers kept the information about how many actual tickets they sold for a Final close to their chest preferring instead to allow the vivid imagination of their supporters decide the final amount. 
In reality a couple of days before the final they had sold between 24k and 25k with over 42k tickets sold at that point.

It’s highly unlikely that no Grimsby fans bought tickets in those last couple of days so in reality they didn’t reach 30k and certainly nowhere near the 40k that many of their idiotic fans and management claim.

Judging by the empty seats in the top tier, 27k would be my guess.

F7A08419-2702-4C08-A705-788C51BAB562.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, downendcity said:

Just came across this.....

QED

Like the way he had to introduce a different category so it didn't look so bad for them!

He was going to bring in the team with the most quarters on their shirts!

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

If this is 40,000 , how many does the Stadium hold ???

image.thumb.png.ccdc54e1fbe1a11be4fe4fb52b37e55f.png

and how many is this ??

Ah, but that's just the ones inside Wembley!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

As is so often the case, Rovers kept the information about how many actual tickets they sold for a Final close to their chest preferring instead to allow the vivid imagination of their supporters decide the final amount. 
In reality a couple of days before the final they had sold between 24k and 25k with over 42k tickets sold at that point.

It’s highly unlikely that no Grimsby fans bought tickets in those last couple of days so in reality they didn’t reach 30k and certainly nowhere near the 40k that many of their idiotic fans and management claim.

I thought it was about 27k gas 14/15k Grimsby and the rest was given away and corporate! If I remember correctly!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I looked into this 40K myth a while back

Basiaclly we know these facts

Attendance was 47,029

Between one week and 4 days before teh match TWO seperate sources (including their own website) had said the gas had sold around 24-25K

We also know from the report on the Grimsby local paper that Grimsby Town had sold at least 10K

So clearly the rovers portion of the attendance was NOT 40K and in reality was probably below 35K

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cityal said:

Attendance was 47,029

Between one week and 4 days before teh match TWO seperate sources (including their own website) had said the gas had sold around 24-25K

We also know from the report on the Grimsby local paper that Grimsby Town had sold at least 10K

So clearly the rovers portion of the attendance was NOT 40K and in reality was probably below 35K

I remember looking on their forum to bust this myth and the thread said at least 16k sold a few days before it. Even if they did take 30k its still a decent amount they just dont need to lie. What winds me up is some people believe them even some of our own.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cityal said:

Attendance was 47,029

If you look at the huge number of empty seats in the upper tier in the picture I posted, there’s no way they had 30k there, let alone 35k. In the other post below it said that 42500 had already been sold and Rovers had sold “over” 24k of those (so basically between 24k and 25k). So 30k is also highly unlikely as well

3 hours ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

I thought it was about 27k gas 14/15k Grimsby and the rest was given away and corporate! If I remember correctly!

That’s about right.

3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Even if they did take 30k its still a decent amount they just dont need to lie.

Exactly.

We all know why they constantly lie about it, it’s because we took 42k a month earlier.

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

So they took 40k but only 25k watched the football. Always plenty to do in London. Presumably the missing 15k went to see the sights, take in a show etc, then met up with the bus after the game. All very plausible.

There is a fairly sizeable coach park near by....

13 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Aggregate score after 2 x 60 minute matches ...

Bluebirds  - 2

Jailbirds - 1

They seem happy to have only lost by one goal against “a decent championship side”. Who IF they’d have got 4 more points, they’d have only finished 2 place behind us. Although one of them gets it. IMG_1414.thumb.png.ead42f0d2acc3fa751d3c3bea6392bb2.png

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, glynriley said:

They seem happy to have only lost by one goal against “a decent championship side”. Who IF they’d have got 4 more points, they’d have only finished 2 place behind us. Although one of them gets it. IMG_1414.thumb.png.ead42f0d2acc3fa751d3c3bea6392bb2.png

My god when I thought they couldn't get any more thicker, we'd still of been 20 places above them 

Edited by Monkeh

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

So, the fact that they lost by only one goal in a pre-season friendly, against a team that would have finished two points behind us, if they'd collected another four points, means that we're not light years ahead of them... 

Right you are.

Calculating Oh No GIF by MOODMAN

Amazingly, if we would have won every game last season, we would be reflecting on promotion, the FA Cup and the League Cup.

Bonkers what you can do when you just invent weird scenarios that didn't happen.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Amazingly, if we would have won every game last season, we would be reflecting on promotion, the FA Cup and the League Cup.

Bonkers what you can do when you just invent weird scenarios that didn't happen.

I remember us drawing with Liverpool in a PSF, when they were all conquering and we were Div 3. Friendlies mean jack shit.