IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, chinapig said:

I spoke too soon, the backtracking begins:

As with all these things I guess it's where you draw the line with freedom of speech and whether you should treat it as what someone does or says in their own life outside of a job as someway impacting on the job they do. Do I think I would get on with Joey Barton if I knew him personally, probably not. He is a pretty decent manager though and looking at it football wise I'm glad we have him. There are going to be people you don't like and there are going to be people who don't like you. Maybe we should stop worrying so much about these things.

Strong “Yeah Fred killed all those people but he can build a decent wall so I’ll give him the job” energy about that one.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

53 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I had heard that. I'm going to try and be balanced about this. I haven't listened to the entire interview, so maybe I shouldn't be too judgmental, but normally after hearing Tate talk for 30 seconds I  feel the neeed to shout 'What a ***' very loudly. 

Deeply depressing stuff that there are people who give the utter *** the time of day.

Especially the manager of a professional football club who are advocates of equality

Mr Barton can keep his opinions to himself 

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Around 1500 I think. With train strikes that weekend, I doubt we’ll have that many down there. 

Just checked 318 tickets left.

They won't be sold due to the rail strike.

Nearly 1700 not bad for a pre-season game, although there won't be that many there as you say.

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Blue Few  back slapping over 1400 tickets sold so far for their opening game at Portsmouth (2k allocation).

How many have we sold for our friendly down there so far ? 

Friendly v First game of the season. Rovers should definitely sell out in a few days no excuses.

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Just checked 318 tickets left.

They won't be sold due to the rail strike.

Nearly 1700 not bad for a pre-season game, although there won't be that many there as you say.

Shame as it was looking like a decent day out. Half of my lot aren’t bothering now and have written off the £13 for the ticket. 

1 hour ago, bartolona said:

Has the  Her game too lot mentioned the gas player since he was found guilty?

Thought they said they were going to issue a statement post court hearing. 

If they have sound principles, can’t think how they could say anything other than ‘terminating support’ for the Club. However, ‘sound principles’ and the Sags are not common bedfellows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Swede said:

Pretty factual up to a point and then he has to ruin it by guessing at their non league final attendance, bizarre.

Even worse, not only were there 40k sags in the stadium but also another 4 million locked out.

Back in the real world they have nowhere near 40k fans and I think they might struggle to cunjure up 10k with a bit of exaggeration.

6 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

When Joey Barton retires from football, I can see him going down the far right conspiracy weirdo influencer path in an attempt to stay relevant. In fact I’d bet on it. He won’t want to go quietly.

That would explain many of his post match rants - getting experience in already.

There's not much worse than someone who thinks they are some wise sage who knows more about everything than everyone else and has philosophical powers that others can only dream of. My old boss for 10 years, also a scouser, was exactly the same. Pick any topic and he thought he knew it all. Usually total nonsense and it drove us all mad.

• Like 1

Gas Heads not too happy with Joey Boy. Has been commenting on twitter regarding an interview with Andrew Tate. Barton thought it was interesting. 

Andrew Tate - the man who is up for sex trafficking and rape charges. The guy is the lowest of the low.  Barton finds him interesting.....Oh dear

On 12/07/2023 at 15:13, bartolona said:

Has the  Her game too lot mentioned the gas player since he was found guilty?

The issue they have is that they are basically funded by Rovers

It essence it would be biting the hand that feeds them.

Incredible that they wouldn't have a press release ready to go out the moment the sentence was announced really.

13 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

The issue they have is that they are basically funded by Rovers

It essence it would be biting the hand that feeds them.

Incredible that they wouldn't have a press release ready to go out the moment the sentence was announced really.

You're right of course but if they take the club's side they lose all credibility so might as well not exist at all.

Just after their new signing has been charged with two counts of assault on women, Barton quotes the Carlson Tate interview, is he actually looking for attention now? For context if you don’t know who Tate is.

”Tucker Carlson jetted off to Romania to join Andrew Tate for a sit-down chat at his home on the outskirts of Bucharest, where the influencer remains under house arrest. Last month, the 36-year-old king of toxic masculinity was charged with rape, human trafficking and forming a criminal gang to exploit women.”

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

Absolutely incredible that Barton should be suggesting that anyone (especially young people following him on twitter) should pay any attention to what that animal has to say.

A new low for him, and the club that seems to support him so strongly.

Edited by HitchinRed

3 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

Absolutely incredible that Barton should be suggesting that anyone (especially young people following him on twitter) should pay any attention to what that animal has to say.

A new low for him, and the club that seems to support him so strongly.

Said it before and I'll say it again - I'm sure he says and does stuff to try and get the sack! 

Knowing him, he'll have a watertight agreemeent in place (cleary not drafted by the Sags legal department) stating that in the event of being sacked, he'll get so many millions in compensation (probably). They don't have a pot to piss in, and Wally can't afford to sack him as a result, therefore he does and says what he wants knowing he's untouchable.

Meanwhile the morons continue to dribble over him and think he's the new messiah. Long live Scummy Barton.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, richyy66 said:

Gas Heads not too happy with Joey Boy. Has been commenting on twitter regarding an interview with Andrew Tate. Barton thought it was interesting. 

Andrew Tate - the man who is up for sex trafficking and rape charges. The guy is the lowest of the low.  Barton finds him interesting.....Oh dear

I supposed he is going to find a role model & inspiration an Interesting kind of guy..!