IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, glynriley said:

? 

Excellent objection letter here, posted by topper gAss…

https://gasheads.proboards.com/thread/20752/new-south-west-stand?page=93

Yes. It looks like they’ve thoroughly assessed the application, whereas I just had a cursory glance.

Couldn’t believe that if they were increasing capacity, by more than a couple of hundred, that there was no traffic assessment and/or a mitigation plan. This is basic stuff. That, in part, is why I’m surprised it was even validated and is being progressed.

If the local residents are to be believed and trees existed on the site and were felled, surprised the objector didn’t pitch in on that tbh.

48 minutes ago, glynriley said:

? 

Excellent objection letter here, posted by topper gAss…

https://gasheads.proboards.com/thread/20752/new-south-west-stand?page=93

3/ Detailed section drawings must be provided to illustrate the relationship between the proposed development and nearby residential buildings. Particular attention should be given to potential privacy infringements and amenity harm, with appropriate mitigation measures proposed if necessary.

Time for of those legendary "artists impressions" on the front page of the Post

• Haha 1

I work in planning and can say that this is actually a very good objection letter, the LPA have to read and publish all representations, even 'round robin' letters. So, if anyone wants to copy and submit then here's the text:

I am writing to express my strong objection to the planning application submitted by Bristol Rovers for the construction of a new stand at the Memorial Stadium. While I understand the importance of development and progress, it is crucial that such projects adhere to current standards, regulations, and the prevailing local and national planning policies. The application in question, however, fails to meet these requirements and contains numerous deficiencies that warrant serious reconsideration. First and foremost, the contention that the proposed development is no more harmful than the 2008 planning permission is inherently flawed. The 2008 permission has expired and was never implemented, rendering its relevance obsolete. Moreover, the evidence upon which it was based is now outdated and no longer consistent with the current planning landscape. As the local development plan has changed since 2008, it is inappropriate to rely on this defunct permission as a basis for the current application, and therefore, no material weight should be given to it. To ensure that a sound and robust decision is made regarding this planning application, it is imperative that the applicant submits the following reasonable environmental information:

1) A comprehensive transport assessment must be provided to demonstrate the impact of the proposed additional capacity on the surrounding road network and car parking.

2) A Travel Plan should be submitted to demonstrate the measures the applicant will implement to minimise reliance on private cars, encouraging sustainable transportation options.

3) Detailed section drawings must be provided to illustrate the relationship between the proposed development and nearby residential buildings. Particular attention should be given to potential privacy infringements and amenity harm, with appropriate mitigation measures proposed if necessary.

4) Details of the proposed cladding materials, supported by high-quality rendered CGIs, must be presented to demonstrate the external cladding's aesthetic quality. The Council should be given the opportunity to approve samples, considering the prominence of the rear elevation

5) A thorough daylight and sunlight assessment must be conducted to evaluate potential harm to nearby residential properties and to propose suitable mitigation measures.

6) A comprehensive noise assessment is required to determine the potential impact of crowd noise, public address systems, and fixed plant on nearby residential properties. Mitigation strategies should be included, building upon the 2008 permission's requirement for a noise insulation scheme.

7) A lighting assessment is necessary to ensure that any lighting installed in or on the new stand does not harm the nearby residential amenity.

8. A comprehensive construction environment management plan should be provided, outlining measures to mitigate harm to nearby residential properties during the construction phase. It is essential to address air quality, noise, and vibration issues promptly.

9) A crowd management plan is needed to demonstrate how the flow of supporters entering and leaving the stadium will be managed, along with any new mitigation measures that may be required.

10) No piling should take place until a ground investigation and piling risk assessment have been carried out and approved by the Local Planning Authority, considering the potential for contamination as identified in the 2008 application.

11) A survey should be conducted to assess potential interference to television and telecommunication reception due to the size and materiality of the stand. Any impacts arising from the development must be adequately mitigated

12) A comprehensive drainage strategy is essential to demonstrate how surface water will be managed to avoid increasing flood risk elsewhere.

13) The application lacks detail regarding potential sustainability measures during both the construction and operational phases. The applicant must include information on how the proposal incorporates sustainable practices. In conclusion, the absence of essential information and the reliance on an outdated planning permission make this application unfit for consideration by any reasonable local planning authority.

As a concerned member of the local community, I urge you to delay any decision on this matter until the applicant provides the requested information, and the public has been given the opportunity to participate in the consultation process on the additional information. A transparent and inclusive approach is essential to ensure that any planning decisions made align with current standards, promote sustainable development, and protect the interests and well-being of the community. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I trust that you will carefully consider this objection and take the necessary steps to address the deficiencies in the planning application.

Edited by Red Homer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

I work in planning and can say that this is actually a very good objection letter, the LPA have to read and publish all representations, even 'round robin' letters. So, if anyone wants to copy and submit then here's the text:

I am writing to express my strong objection to the planning application submitted by Bristol Rovers for the construction of a new stand at the Memorial Stadium. While I understand the importance of development and progress, it is crucial that such projects adhere to current standards, regulations, and the prevailing local and national planning policies. The application in question, however, fails to meet these requirements and contains numerous deficiencies that warrant serious reconsideration. First and foremost, the contention that the proposed development is no more harmful than the 2008 planning permission is inherently flawed. The 2008 permission has expired and was never implemented, rendering its relevance obsolete. Moreover, the evidence upon which it was based is now outdated and no longer consistent with the current planning landscape. As the local development plan has changed since 2008, it is inappropriate to rely on this defunct permission as a basis for the current application, and therefore, no material weight should be given to it. To ensure that a sound and robust decision is made regarding this planning application, it is imperative that the applicant submits the following reasonable environmental information:

1) A comprehensive transport assessment must be provided to demonstrate the impact of the proposed additional capacity on the surrounding road network and car parking.

2) A Travel Plan should be submitted to demonstrate the measures the applicant will implement to minimise reliance on private cars, encouraging sustainable transportation options.

3) Detailed section drawings must be provided to illustrate the relationship between the proposed development and nearby residential buildings. Particular attention should be given to potential privacy infringements and amenity harm, with appropriate mitigation measures proposed if necessary.

4) Details of the proposed cladding materials, supported by high-quality rendered CGIs, must be presented to demonstrate the external cladding's aesthetic quality. The Council should be given the opportunity to approve samples, considering the prominence of the rear elevation

5) A thorough daylight and sunlight assessment must be conducted to evaluate potential harm to nearby residential properties and to propose suitable mitigation measures.

6) A comprehensive noise assessment is required to determine the potential impact of crowd noise, public address systems, and fixed plant on nearby residential properties. Mitigation strategies should be included, building upon the 2008 permission's requirement for a noise insulation scheme.

7) A lighting assessment is necessary to ensure that any lighting installed in or on the new stand does not harm the nearby residential amenity.

8. A comprehensive construction environment management plan should be provided, outlining measures to mitigate harm to nearby residential properties during the construction phase. It is essential to address air quality, noise, and vibration issues promptly.

9) A crowd management plan is needed to demonstrate how the flow of supporters entering and leaving the stadium will be managed, along with any new mitigation measures that may be required.

10) No piling should take place until a ground investigation and piling risk assessment have been carried out and approved by the Local Planning Authority, considering the potential for contamination as identified in the 2008 application.

11) A survey should be conducted to assess potential interference to television and telecommunication reception due to the size and materiality of the stand. Any impacts arising from the development must be adequately mitigated

12) A comprehensive drainage strategy is essential to demonstrate how surface water will be managed to avoid increasing flood risk elsewhere.

13) The application lacks detail regarding potential sustainability measures during both the construction and operational phases. The applicant must include information on how the proposal incorporates sustainable practices. In conclusion, the absence of essential information and the reliance on an outdated planning permission make this application unfit for consideration by any reasonable local planning authority.

As a concerned member of the local community, I urge you to delay any decision on this matter until the applicant provides the requested information, and the public has been given the opportunity to participate in the consultation process on the additional information. A transparent and inclusive approach is essential to ensure that any planning decisions made align with current standards, promote sustainable development, and protect the interests and well-being of the community. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I trust that you will carefully consider this objection and take the necessary steps to address the deficiencies in the planning application.

It’s that good a letter any one would have thought perhaps someone in planning wrote it -  ?? your secrets safe with us Homer 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, redkev said:

It’s that good a letter any one would have thought perhaps someone in planning wrote it -  ?? your secrets safe with us Homer 

Can't take the credit for that one, I'm the poor sap that has to read through all of these when they go to appeal!

• Haha 1

On 18/07/2023 at 11:22, Monkeh said:

Don't they have to provide a minimum amount something to do with their capacity or is that just the fa cup,

Ether way I would of though it's 900 at least, and they have to be housed somewhere which in turn restricts some of their remaining 8 stands 

I like the subtle 'remaining 8 stands' ?