IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 hours ago, Red Homer said:

I work in planning and can say that this is actually a very good objection letter, the LPA have to read and publish all representations, even 'round robin' letters. So, if anyone wants to copy and submit then here's the text:

I am writing to express my strong objection to the planning application submitted by Bristol Rovers for the construction of a new stand at the Memorial Stadium. While I understand the importance of development and progress, it is crucial that such projects adhere to current standards, regulations, and the prevailing local and national planning policies. The application in question, however, fails to meet these requirements and contains numerous deficiencies that warrant serious reconsideration. First and foremost, the contention that the proposed development is no more harmful than the 2008 planning permission is inherently flawed. The 2008 permission has expired and was never implemented, rendering its relevance obsolete. Moreover, the evidence upon which it was based is now outdated and no longer consistent with the current planning landscape. As the local development plan has changed since 2008, it is inappropriate to rely on this defunct permission as a basis for the current application, and therefore, no material weight should be given to it. To ensure that a sound and robust decision is made regarding this planning application, it is imperative that the applicant submits the following reasonable environmental information:

1) A comprehensive transport assessment must be provided to demonstrate the impact of the proposed additional capacity on the surrounding road network and car parking.

2) A Travel Plan should be submitted to demonstrate the measures the applicant will implement to minimise reliance on private cars, encouraging sustainable transportation options.

3) Detailed section drawings must be provided to illustrate the relationship between the proposed development and nearby residential buildings. Particular attention should be given to potential privacy infringements and amenity harm, with appropriate mitigation measures proposed if necessary.

4) Details of the proposed cladding materials, supported by high-quality rendered CGIs, must be presented to demonstrate the external cladding's aesthetic quality. The Council should be given the opportunity to approve samples, considering the prominence of the rear elevation

5) A thorough daylight and sunlight assessment must be conducted to evaluate potential harm to nearby residential properties and to propose suitable mitigation measures.

6) A comprehensive noise assessment is required to determine the potential impact of crowd noise, public address systems, and fixed plant on nearby residential properties. Mitigation strategies should be included, building upon the 2008 permission's requirement for a noise insulation scheme.

7) A lighting assessment is necessary to ensure that any lighting installed in or on the new stand does not harm the nearby residential amenity.

8. A comprehensive construction environment management plan should be provided, outlining measures to mitigate harm to nearby residential properties during the construction phase. It is essential to address air quality, noise, and vibration issues promptly.

9) A crowd management plan is needed to demonstrate how the flow of supporters entering and leaving the stadium will be managed, along with any new mitigation measures that may be required.

10) No piling should take place until a ground investigation and piling risk assessment have been carried out and approved by the Local Planning Authority, considering the potential for contamination as identified in the 2008 application.

11) A survey should be conducted to assess potential interference to television and telecommunication reception due to the size and materiality of the stand. Any impacts arising from the development must be adequately mitigated

12) A comprehensive drainage strategy is essential to demonstrate how surface water will be managed to avoid increasing flood risk elsewhere.

13) The application lacks detail regarding potential sustainability measures during both the construction and operational phases. The applicant must include information on how the proposal incorporates sustainable practices. In conclusion, the absence of essential information and the reliance on an outdated planning permission make this application unfit for consideration by any reasonable local planning authority.

As a concerned member of the local community, I urge you to delay any decision on this matter until the applicant provides the requested information, and the public has been given the opportunity to participate in the consultation process on the additional information. A transparent and inclusive approach is essential to ensure that any planning decisions made align with current standards, promote sustainable development, and protect the interests and well-being of the community. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I trust that you will carefully consider this objection and take the necessary steps to address the deficiencies in the planning application.

That seems remarkably well written, so clearly it's not an objection that is being made by a Fewer! 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I started to read the posts by Topper G@s but I stopped when he wrote:

'Am I write in thinking'.

Tbf to the Topster I can make such mistakes when typing but would never make them when writing.

It isn't because I don't understand English but because when typing I think phonetically and "hear" the word.  So "there" becomes interchangeable with "their" and possibly "write" with "right". If I don't read back what I have typed then the errors can remain.

When however I am writing I am not thinking phonetically so I don't randomly interchange homonyms.

I use slightly different sections of the brain for typing and writing; I think it unlikely that I am the only one who does this.

Also there is a big inteprlay with memory in that I have a far better memory of somethng I have written than I have typed.  Which is partly why I think online learning is very substandard compared to being in a classroom or lecture theatre.

Where was I, oh yes - £17 for a friendly against Chesterfield ffs.

I still haven't forgotten when they tred to withhold our share of FA cup receipts, away to them first round FA Cup 2000/01 we won 1-0 with a goal by Tony Thorpe, and why we called them "Cheaterfraud".

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Rovers have just published the names of the attendees already signed up to show how popular the club on the North side of Bristol really is, so you will have to be quick as all the places have nearly been taken:-

1. Ader Titsoff
  2. Adolf Oliver Nipple
  3. A. Nellsechs
  4. A. Nelprober
  5. A.S. Muncher
  6. Amanda D. P. Throat
  7. Amanda Hugginkiss
  8. Amanda Hump
  9. Amanda Lick
  10. Amanda Mount
  11. Amanda Poker
  12. Andy Cornholder
  13. Andy Feltherbush
  14. Andy Felthersnatch
  15. Anita B. Jainow
  16. Anita Bath
  17. Anita Dick
  18. Anita Dickenme
  19. Anita Dump
  20. Anita Fartinghouse
  21. Anita Hanjaab
  22. Anita Hardcok
  23. Anita Head
  24. Anita Hoare
  25. Anita Naylor
  26. Annie Position
  27. Anya Neeze
  28. Annie Position
  29. Banana Hammock
  30. Bartolos Colonoscopy
  31. Bea O’Problem
  32. Ben Derhover
  33. Ben Gurgen Hoffe
  34. Ben N. Syder
  35. Ben O. Verbich
  36. Ben R. Over
  37. Benoit Bawles
  38. Berry McCaulkiner
  39. Betty Drilzzer
  40. Betty Humper
  41. Betty Humpter
  42. Betty Phuckzer
  43. Bruce D. Cocque
  44. Bo N. Herr
  45. Brooke N. Rubbers
  46. Bruce D. Cocque
  47. Bruce D. Lipps
  48. Buck Nekkid
  49. Buster Cherry
  50. Buster Himen
  51. Clee Torres
  52. C. Mike Rack
  53. Cole Ostamie
  54. Colin Forsecs
  55. Connie Lingus
  56. Craven Moorehead
  57. Curley Pubes
  58. Dang Lin-Wang
  59. Daryl B. Payne
  60. Dick Long
  61. Dick Myaz
  62. Dick Nose
  63. Dick Pound
  64. Dick Ramdass
  65. Dick Raasch
  66. Dill Doe
  67. Dixie Normous
  68. Dixie Rect
  69. Dixon B. Tweenerlegs
  70. Dixon Butts
  71. Dixon Kuntz
  72. Drew Peanoze
  73. E. Norma Scock
  74. E. Norma Stits
  75. E. Normous Peter
  76. E. Rex Sean
  77. Eaton Beaver
  78. Eileen Ulick
  79. Eaton Beaver
  80. Eileen Ulick
  81. Fluffy Cookie
  82. Gazzy Colon
  83. Harry Azcrac
  84. Harry Cox
  85. Harry Johnson
  86. Hairy Poppins
  87. Heywood Japulmah Finga
  88. I. C. Yadick
  89. I. P. Freely
  90. Ivana Tinkle
  91. Jenny Tayla
  92. Kenny Dewitt
  93. Laffmy Titsoff
  94. Kareem O’Weet
  95. Lance Lyde
  96. Lee Keyrear
  97. Lee Nover
  98. Leo Tarred
  99. Lipin Jection
  100. Lou Briccant
  101. Lon Moore
  102. Lou Sirr
  103. Luke Atmyass
  104. Madka Owdiseez
  105. Martha Fokker
  106. Marion Money
  107. Mark Z. Spot
  108. Mary Juana
  109. Master Bates
  110. May I. Tutchem
  111. Maya Buttreeks
  112. Max E. Mumm
  113. Max E. Pad
  114. Mel Keetehts
  115. Michael Toris
  116. Mike Rotchburns
  117. Miya Buttreaks
  118. Nadia Seymour
  119. Nick O’ Teen
  120. Oliver Closeoff
  121. Ollie Tabooger
  122. Pat Myaz
  123. Patty Meltt
  124. Phil Down
  125. Peter Pantz
  126. Pierre Pants
  127. Phil Accio
  128. Poppa Woody
  129. Rhoda Hotte
  130. Robin D. Craydle
  131. Roch Myaz
  132. Ron Chee
  133. Rueben G. Spaut
  134. Sal Ami
  135. Semour Asscrack
  136. Seymour Buttz
  137. Sheeza Freak
  138. Stella Virgin
  139. Ura Snotball
  140. Vye Agra
  141. Vye Brator
  142. Wayne Kerr
  143. Willie B. Hardigan
  144. Willie Eetmioutt
  145. Willie Layer
  146. Wilma Dickfit
  147. Wilma Fingerdoo
  148. Yuri Nator

Hahahaha !!

:rofl2br::laugh::rofl2br:???

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

How many fans do they actually have these days? Comparing online activity but our Alex Scott thread has 3700 replies, they have one thread for all transfer activity which only has 820 replies.

A fan base so large that most have been locked outside of social media ?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

How many fans do they actually have these days? Comparing online activity but our Alex Scott thread has 3700 replies, they have one thread for all transfer activity which only has 820 replies.

In terms of social media we have 895k accounts, they have 330k.

According to this vid posted earlier in this thread.

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

They ban anyone who has differing views to the herd, hence why some of them post here 

Edited by Monkeh

They seem quite relaxed about the idea that they look to be watching their early games on a building site, I suppose it may even feel like an improvement.

They seem more keen on discussing how a 34 and 35 year old defensive pairing is an improvement on what they had last season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

They seem quite relaxed about the idea that they look to be watching their early games on a building site, I suppose it may even feel like an improvement.

They seem more keen on discussing how a 34 and 35 year old defensive pairing is an improvement on what they had last season.

On the face of it; they’ve improved their attack but their defence is even worse than it was last season, which was already ******* awful. They’re going to concede a lot of goals unless they can blag themselves some loans….yet again. With basically no cash left. 

26 minutes ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

In Scotland at the moment and just travelled through Dumbarton, funny how that name brings a certain scouse jailbird to mind!

I just saw a post on FB from this bloke who is an absolute bellend - made me think of him aswell...!