IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Exactly that and a lot of Gas are defending him, they really get what they deserve.

I assume it couldn’t be the case when I first saw the Subscription post. But he really is hiding Rovers transfer news behind a £5.99 paywall on Twitter, have you ever heard of a manager doing that?? That is definitely the first time in history, and the proceeds to himself, not the club.

Wael/that CEO don’t have half a backbone between them, absolute joke.

Oh and he said a “considerable amount” will be going to charity after he was quizzed on it, and never said that in his original post. The second excuse was to filter out the ‘hate’ posts, yet the only things behind the paywall are Gas related comments (which he never got hate on), and he’s still posting political rubbish in front of the wall, in which he still gets replies from anyone. Just getting that in there in case any Gas reply trying to defend him with broken logic.

But he’s a multi millionaire remember, and paying staff at Rovers out of his own pocket….

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

That is correct.

Imagine it happening at any other club in the league. The manager forcing fans to subscribe to his personal Twitter to get club news. 

Basically, it shows that Wally is totally enamoured by Barton and he can do what he wants, when he wants. He’ll never be sacked and he’ll never leave - firstly because he’s not good enough to be wanted elsewhere and secondly because he’d never get the power he’s been given there at any other club. The nice man with a watch is totally starstruck, and can’t see through the bullshit.

So, the “people’s club” of Bristol is fully in the hands of a convicted felon and his friends, who have no experience of running a large organisation. The collapse is just beginning.

I wonder if either of them know Martin Branning (or Dan Wooten ) ?

Re his subscription, and the excuse of “the media have profited off of me enough for free”, it’s quite laughable really. 

Joey: “You’re profiting off of me and I get no money from it”

Media: “Press is part of your contract as a EFL manager”

Joey: “Not my private Twitter though!”

Media: “It’s not private, you’re talking about Bristol Rovers public interests”

Joey: “Yeah, well, I’m still going to charge you. You’re massively profiting off of me!”

Media: “Okay, how much will you charge?”

Joey: “Umm, a massive £4.69 per month”

??

If anyone truly believes this is done to stop the media’s ‘profits’, and not to charge gullible fans that can afford that price, then they need to give their heads a wobble.

• Like 4

I was just wondering how ChatGPT would address the issue of a football club starting work on a new stand without planning permission ... and if anybody from the BCC planning department reads this, feel free to forward it on (no need to thank me!)

Subject: Unauthorized Construction of Football Stand despite Pending Planning Permission

Dear Wael Al-Qadi,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to you on behalf of the Planning Department at Bristol City Council to address a critical matter concerning the ongoing construction of the football stand at the Bristol Rovers Football Club premises.

We have been made aware that your organization has applied for planning permission for the construction of the football stand. While we acknowledge your intent to follow the proper procedures, we must emphasize that the current construction has commenced without the necessary planning permission being granted. As per our records, the submitted planning application lacks essential details and comprehensive plans, which are crucial for evaluating the project's compliance with the city's planning regulations.

We understand that enhancing the sporting facilities is a priority for the club, and we appreciate your desire to improve the amenities for the community. However, it is imperative that all construction activities adhere strictly to the stipulated planning guidelines and receive formal approval before proceeding. Unauthorized construction poses potential risks to public safety and can lead to significant legal repercussions for the club and its stakeholders.

In light of the above, we must insist that all construction work related to the football stand is immediately halted until the planning permission is officially granted by the Bristol City Council. To expedite the approval process, we strongly advise submitting a revised planning application with comprehensive and detailed plans, addressing any concerns raised during the evaluation of the initial application.

Please note that the Bristol City Council takes non-compliance with planning regulations seriously and may initiate enforcement actions if unauthorized construction persists. We are committed to working with the Bristol Rovers Football Club to ensure a lawful and safe development that benefits the community and adheres to all relevant guidelines.

We urge you to take prompt action in rectifying this situation and cooperating fully with the Planning Department to resolve the matter efficiently. Should you require any assistance or guidance during the planning application process, our team is readily available to support you.

Your immediate attention to this matter is appreciated. We look forward to receiving your cooperation and compliance to ensure the proper and lawful development of the football stand.

Yours sincerely,

P.S. Don't forget Row M

• Haha 1