IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Selred said:

Not sure what's funnier, "stadium" or "superstore"

Its the grim, dimly lit entrance to a converted public convenience evident by the white tiled walls. Captain Gas is lurking in one of the cubicles. What you can't see is the black eye the horse is displaying.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Sorry this may have been mentioned and missed by me, but is that a statue of a horse outside their toilets!?

It's their version of the "This is Anfield" sign. Instead of tapping it, they punch the bugger instead 

Edited by Laner
  • Haha 5

I phoned Heart FM today, to enter their mystery prize competition.

The presenter answered and said, "Congratulations on being our first caller, all you need to do is answer the following question correctly, to win our Mystery Grand Star Prize'

"Thats Fantastic!" I called out in delight.

"Feel Confident?" The presenter asked, "It's a

Geography Question."

"Well, I've got a degree in Geography from Salford University," | proudly replied, "and I've taught Geography to A level students for the last 10 vears"

"Ok then, to win our grand prize of 2 VIP tickets to a Bristol Rovers game and to meet the players after the game, what is the capital of France?"

"Bradford", I replied.

• Haha 17
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

The irony is, I have wardrobe being delivered from them today and will be lost in instructions just like that later ?

On behalf of everyone here on OTIB, I wish you all the best of luck at this difficult time.

As regards the stand, that picture of castors could be a good idea. Rovers could wheel the stand into place for each game.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

With the season kicking off soon, have they started to build their stand, is it going to be ready for the first game?

Are away tickets on sale yet for it?

Its confidential so we can't say & anyway, these things take time. Look at my lovely watch. Unless you're talking about the East Stand or the Matthew Harding Stand where he's already got his season tickets.

Someone has been busy sending e-mails - that's an awful lot of comments to land in a single update. Are the submissions processed in real time or does someone have to accept them before they're lodged?

23/01441/F | Replacement of the current South and South West Stands with a new improved facility to increase the number of seats within the Memorial Stadium. | The Memorial Stadium Filton Avenue Bristol BS7 0AG

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Someone has been busy sending e-mails - that's an awful lot of comments to land in a single update. Are the submissions processed in real time or does someone have to accept them before they're lodged?

23/01441/F | Replacement of the current South and South West Stands with a new improved facility to increase the number of seats within the Memorial Stadium. | The Memorial Stadium Filton Avenue Bristol BS7 0AG

If imagine they have to be vetted and processed then uploaded,

19 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Had to go to Horfield for work today. I noticed a few hundred yards from filton Ave on muller rd , someone has depicted a wildlife scene on a long garden wall . It’s a very nice piece of art to be fair . I don’t think it will last though as part of the way through it is a very large robin . How long before that gets defaced. 

I can hear them now as they pass the wildlife scene.

'I bet that was painted by some Gurt Ted coz they know we's cumin for em'.

I sort of stopped looking at the objections as they are all quite commonly based on the family club not consulting with the residents, so I've been enjoying those entries supporting the new stand.

Comment Details Commenter Type: Other Stance:

Customer made comments in support of the Planning Application Comment Reasons:

Comment:Application is supported the new temporary stand will improve the experience of fans home and away. The increased in fans numbers will have a positive impact on local businesses bringing in more money. The stadium has had 12000 fans in the recent past and the new temporary stand will be of significant benefit to the neighbours compared to previous temporary stand. Bristol Rovers do lots to support local communities from children to OAPs. I fully support this application

12000 fans.........Eh?????? 

35 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Glad to see my objection is still there.?

You’re not the dog walker who goes on about more horse punching and the now homeless tits scaring the newts away? 

Got to go some to beat the planning application for a ‘thatched roof’ on one of the classic, balconied Georgian terraced houses in Clifton in giving planning staff a laugh, but good effort.

Edited by RedRock

3 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

I sort of stopped looking at the objections as they are all quite commonly based on the family club not consulting with the residents, so I've been enjoying those entries supporting the new stand.

Comment:Application is supported the new temporary stand will improve the experience of fans home and away. The increased in fans numbers will have a positive impact on local businesses bringing in more money. The stadium has had 12000 fans in the recent past and the new temporary stand will be of significant benefit to the neighbours compared to previous temporary stand. Bristol Rovers do lots to support local communities from children to OAPs. I fully support this application

Once. In 2008, against WBA in the cup.

Massive, loyal and true and all that beeswax.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Recent past...........Eh???????

• Hmmm 1

18 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

It doesn't hold 12k for football,

• Like 1