IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, cityal said:

Are you suggesting that "facts" thrown around by the fewers are grade-A Bulls**t?

I was told they were everyone's 2nd team - but this whole planning fiasco has made me wonder ?

Well to be honest, they are my favourite second club.........

I should clarify and say that's because of the amount of entertainment they have brought to us over the years....... The team can go **** themselves. :)

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The next Planning Committee is 9 August, and I'd suggest it's unlikely they'll meet the deadlines (which will be before that date) to be heard at that Committee.

The next one is 6 September, so they may well not have planning permission until that date, at the earliest ???

Seeing as it is August next week I would be very surprised if there was any chance at all of it making the first deadline.

They clearly have no idea of the background work involved here or lead in times for things like this.

I would even say September is pushing it unless it gets accelerated internally..

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well to be honest, they are my favourite second club.........

I should clarify and say that's because of the amount of entertainment they have brought to us over the years....... The team & their six fingered fans can go **** themselves. :)

Updated for you ?

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seeing as it is August next week I would be very surprised if there was any chance at all of it making the first deadline.

They clearly have no idea of the background work involved here or lead in times for things like this.

I would even say September is pushing it unless it gets accelerated internally..

And in the meantime, if we all go up there and walk our dogs on the site, by then someone can claim it’s a village green. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I hope they get this resolved by september....... september 2026 that is!

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

And in the meantime, if we all go up there and walk our dogs on the site, by then someone can claim it’s a village green. 

Pretty sure that because it became notorious Gove has outlawed this now as a vexatious tactic, not applicable here but the latest one used to stop development is registering as a community asset, as has just happened with the old public baths building on Jacob’s Wells Rd.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Pretty sure that because it became notorious Gove has outlawed this now as a vexatious tactic, not applicable here but the latest one used to stop development is registering as a community asset, as has just happened with the old public baths building on Jacob’s Wells Rd.

Yes, he has. I think Ashton Vale was actually one of the examples that was used nationally when the case was made for those changes. As you say, there are still circumstances where ‘community assets’ can be bought out - village pubs is another example. But the nonsense of Ashton Vale wouldn’t happen now.

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Kin hell ???????

C3B306BE-8492-47FB-AC97-72A112E3AEEC.jpeg

Could anyone list a pro football club that’s got planning consent for a new stand in less than two months?

Legend indeed. 

There’s a post in the politics forum this morning (I know some people don’t like going there!) describing how Nigel Farage is adept at “turning utter entitlement into victimhood”. That could have been written for this knob too! 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

I can imagine the fruit market is currently full of sh*t heads walking their dogs claiming its an area of outstanding natural beauty"

?

I have no dog and think the area is a proper dump to be honest.

But for the purposes of this argument I regularly take our pooch out for a stroll in those beautiful surroundings. Same as those tossers did with the Long Ashton village green debacle.

Never miss an opportunity, and never forget.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

Whats the betting they’ll be knocking on steves door asking if they can borrow something once a fortnight..... 

They'll be fine, it's just a few hundred segregated seats they need to find quickly 

Assume that'll mean moving ST holders? 

The best bit will be the realisation against Chesterfield this afternoon how shit it really looks and then every other week it'll be appearing on national highlight programmes lol

I bet whoever gave the go ahead to remove the old stand is currently out sourced to the North Pole 

Aren't they playing Chesterfield at the dump today ?

Hope they've cleared up and its safe, don't want their safety certificate taken away do we :whistle:

Some of the reaction on their "forum" is comical, one bloke is adamant that they already have planning permission so there's no problems. A couple are calling out the club but most are blaming the council, the Greens, the neighbours etc etc.

Lovely way to start the day, a City and Chesterfield win would finish it off nicely.

Suck it up Pikeys :sub:

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Could anyone list a pro football club that’s got planning consent for a new stand in less than two months?

Legend indeed. 

There’s a post in the politics forum this morning (I know some people don’t like going there!) describing how Nigel Farage is adept at “turning utter entitlement into victimhood”. That could have been written for this knob too! 

Without wanting to turn this into a political debate (for obvious reasons….much better to take the piss out the gas) but farage has every right to do what he is doing, what coutts/NW have done both from an ethical and data protection pov is absolutely scandalous. Just take away your dislike of farage and consider it if it was you account/personal data

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Without wanting to turn this into a political debate (for obvious reasons….much better to take the piss out the gas) but farage has every right to do what he is doing, what coutts/NW have done both from an ethical and data protection pov is absolutely scandalous. Just take away your dislike of farage and consider it if it was you account/personal data

I haven’t expressed a view on Farage or those events. That’s for elsewhere.

I’ve simply posted a quote that’s appeared elsewhere today that seemed particularly apt for the Gas poster quoted above - and that’s relevant to this thread, isn’t it? 

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Love the comment on the BBC article about one fan saying ‘there’s been a football ground here for 100 years, you moved here’

Well no, it was a rugby ground for 75 years.. also you didn’t give two ***** about it when it was going to be bulldozed for a sainsburys did you.   You giant wankpuffin. 

I love that it said several fans wrote in…… several ? of their tens upon tens of thousands…

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

But, but there are ITKs on their forum telling the naysayers that they don't understand how planning works, and I am shocked, shocked I say, to hear that there are people who care more about the environment than a piddly little football club.

Screenshot_2023-07-29-10-17-58-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Piddly little football club is probably the wrong term to use. The BBC described them as "league 1 minnows" or another popular term is tinpot.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

But, but there are ITKs on their forum telling the naysayers that they don't understand how planning works, and I am shocked, shocked I say, to hear that there are people who care more about the environment than a piddly little football club.

Screenshot_2023-07-29-10-17-58-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

That first post is absolutely delusional. 

Determined in "a maximum of 13 weeks" is utter nonsense. It's very well known that BCC are taking a minimum of 6 months to determine most applications at the moment. 

Their "agent" should have known this. As for the initial submission in April, one quick look and I can say with confidence that it was a sub-standard effort, which absolutely did NOT require anything close to the amount of information required. Hence, BCC are now requesting a host of additional documents. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That first post is absolutely delusional. 

Determined in "a maximum of 13 weeks" is utter nonsense. It's very well known that BCC are taking a minimum of 6 months to determine most applications at the moment. 

Their "agent" should have known this. As for the initial submission in April, one quick look and I can say with confidence that it was a sub-standard effort, which absolutely did NOT require anything close to the amount of information required. Hence, BCC are now requesting a host of additional documents. 

Its likely that they thought they could submit a planning application themselves, hence the comical "plans" submitted back in April. I would think an agent was hired late in the day once BCC asked for some proper documentation.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Its likely that they thought they could submit a planning application themselves, hence the comical "plans" submitted back in April. I would think an agent was hired late in the day once BCC asked for some proper documentation.

Correct. For comparison, I helped Thornbury Town get permission for their ground improvements, including 2x 100 seater stands. They realised from the outset they'd need planning permission and an agent. 

• Like 3