IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Fair few blanks without any comments.....sums up the fanbase.

It seems that they think its all about numbers, chuck in any old shite as long as there is a lot of it - regardless of the relevance.

The one above is a perfect illustration.

Thick as a donkeys dongler.

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

It seems that they think its all about numbers, chuck in any old shite as long as there is a lot of it - regardless of the relevance.

The one above is a perfect illustration.

Thick as a donkeys dongler.

How thick is a donkeys dongler? ?

54 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That is pretty brutal.

I'm not saying 'no' but you have to convince me and until then, you'll be getting nothing.

Not been paying attention and correct me if I'm wrong but i saw a story in the evil post, or whatever it is,  to the effect that the gas started work on the stand BEFORE being granted permission?  

what the actual ****?

26 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They do like to pump out numbers that are always incorrect, 40,000 at Wembley, the locked out numbers, home support, away support, 12000 regularly etc etc etc.

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I had a look at the planning application site.  It seems as though there has been a campaign by Rovers fans to bombard the council with letters of support.  Unfortunately, most of them have missed the point - i.e. you've got to comment on planning grounds.  Most of the letters of support just say it will be a good thing for Bristol Rovers, which is totally irrelevant for a planning application

The local media seem to use the number of support/objections as some sort of poll as to whether a project should go ahead or not in a sort of ‘the public have spoken’ sort of way.

thankfully, as you say, regardless of numbers, they are only taken into account on planning grounds/issues raised. 99% of the time, comments from the public have no sway whatsoever

There are some double belters over on Gaschat, somehow moaning that not all of the objections are from people in the immediate area and therefore, those should be dismissed, whilst at the same time, encouraging Fewers far and wide to submit letters of support (evidently the same rule doesn't apply),  also the posts that state that Gloucs - on a REGULAR basis - host 18,000 for ODIs... Yeah, because England play white ball cricket there 22 times a season... Oh wait, that doesn't happen. And when it does happen, it's a one-off, usually midweek and in a temporary stand that is removed when it won't be needed. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Its odds on that it will be done on the cheap, so portacabins and portaloos are almost guaranteed.

IF it gets built assembled, it will be shite - as per normal.

That's Santas Grotto & the lovely Club Shop portakabin reused. Just remember to give the grotto walls and floor a good clean to get rid of the 5hit stains and old vaseline smears. 

• Haha 1

So you know how they use distraction techniques to hide really bad news like, look we’re getting a new stand, or look we’re getting a new ground. 

Well they must be getting ready to deliver some bad news as this little rumour has its own thread over there. Look there’s a new investor ?

New investor

DrFaustus Avatar
DrFaustus
Reserve Team
39 minutes ago
kernowtoteend, stuart1974, and 2 more like this
An 82er mate of mine reckons we may be getting new investors from the Middle East. Just passing on the message and he's normally bang on with stuff, so please don't shoot the messenger.
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

There are some double belters over on Gaschat, somehow moaning that not all of the objections are from people in the immediate area and therefore, those should be dismissed, whilst at the same time, encouraging Fewers far and wide to submit letters of support (evidently the same rule doesn't apply),  also the posts that state that Gloucs - on a REGULAR basis - host 18,000 for ODIs... Yeah, because England play white ball cricket there 22 times a season... Oh wait, that doesn't happen. And when it does happen, it's a one-off, usually midweek and in a temporary stand that is removed when it won't be needed. 

Just had a look, **** me they are so stupid.

One post said those objecting are the sort who often do so for “humatarium” reasons, what the **** even is that?

Another post responding to rumours of a new investor actually said Wael has said that he wouldn’t want to lose control but he might reduce his stake to 25%.

Incredible.
Did no one in Fishponds ever do maths at school?

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

So you know how they use distraction techniques to hide really bad news like, look we’re getting a new stand, or look we’re getting a new ground. 

Well they must be getting ready to deliver some bad news as this little rumour has its own thread over there. Look there’s a new investor ?

New investor

DrFaustus Avatar
DrFaustus
Reserve Team
39 minutes ago
An 82er mate of mine reckons we may be getting new investors from the Middle East. Just passing on the message and he's normally bang on with stuff, so please don't shoot the messenger.

Wasn't there a Dr Faustus - with blue affiliations - used to post on here? Always quite a funny poster if I recall. Any relation? (Well, obviously some relation, as are all G+++ds, but same person?)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

New investor

DrFaustus Avatar
DrFaustus
Reserve Team
39 minutes ago

DrFaustus, has been a half decent poster on here and the BBC 606 website in the past, I don't know if he is ITK, but he isn't as gullible or "imaginative" as some of the others.

I would think any investment though might be dependent on a favourable outcome of the FM assessment next year.

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

DrFaustus, has been a half decent poster on here and the BBC 606 website in the past, I don't know if he is ITK, but he isn't as gullible or "imaginative" as some of the others.

I would think any investment though might be dependent on a favourable outcome of the FM assessment next year.

What sort of investment are they talking about though?

Cash? Brown envelopes to planning committee members? Or an extra set of allen keys?

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I know him, and yes he does have firing neurons unlike most of the Gash orcs. I still have to resist the temptation to dox him for referring to us as “82ers” though. ?

Edited by WessexPest

They seem to be missing the argument that would clinch planning consent. Their new mega stand will remove the major disruption caused to local residents by thousands being locked out of every game.

Any Gasheads here feel free to copy this to the planning comments. You're welcome.?

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

New investor

DrFaustus Avatar
DrFaustus
Reserve Team
39 minutes ago

There really is something in the water in Horfield. How are they this dense?

IMG_0985.jpeg

• Haha 7