IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

There really is something in the water in Horfield. How are they this dense?

IMG_0985.jpeg

This could easily be 2 plus 2 equalling 5 but Steve Lansdown has a CBE so has been to Buckingham Palace therefore King Charles is about to invest in Bristol City.

I'm getting good at #gaslogic me.?

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Right own up, who’s behind this???

FFAAB551-082A-4AB5-B456-D2D13822C9C0.jpeg

"Right own up, who’s behind this???"

A valid question @petehinton..............whoever posted that on gas shat is a very naughty boy, girl or indeterminate.   Also they are a clear role model to those of our ilk who sadly still have a sag 'mate'.  The above snippet should be introduced into the next converstion with said 'mate' quite early on.  This rumour can only gain speed over on that forum the more times it's dropped into conversations!!   Good luck all. 

Sadly, I got banned from the forum a long time ago for innocently floating the idea that I was a Malta based squillionaire gas fan looking to invest in the biggest club in bris!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

"Right own up, who’s behind this???"

A valid question @petehinton..............whoever posted that on gas shat is a very naughty boy, girl or indeterminate.   Also they are a clear role model to those of our ilk who sadly still have a sag 'mate'.  The above snippet should be introduced into the next converstion with said 'mate' quite early on.  This rumour can only gain speed over on that forum the more times it's dropped into conversations!!   Good luck all. 

Sadly, I got banned from the forum a long time ago for innocently floating the idea that I was a Malta based squillionaire gas fan looking to invest in the biggest club in bris!

Dr Faustus is actually very sound, he used to post on Ziderheads.

Though I can't speak for the veractity of what his mate has told him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He is a good mate of mine and as you say he is a sound bloke- though don't ever tell him I said that- He isn't one to spout shite, but I think he is really just passing info on that he has heard.

• Like 2

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I echo those sentiments, his humour level fitted in perfectly 

11 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

He is a good mate of mine and as you say he is a sound bloke- though don't ever tell him I said that- He isn't one to spout shite, but I think he is really just passing info on that he has heard.

See if you can nudge him into making a return 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You mean Dr F is not the same person as his avatar. Now that's a shame!!

57 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

One of the greatest blokes I’ve ever met. And the Edward Teach guy who used to post was spot on in real life too. 

Interesting to see the gas fans getting excited about a share split in Dwane Sports. Saying it's an indication of new investors is interesting. Splitting each £1 share, both those issued and unissued, into 100 £0.01 shares could be something you'd do in preparation of investment, but normal practice is to do it simultaneously with that investment coming in.

That is you create the new shares and then immediately give them to a subscriber. You don't normally bother reorganising your share capital months before a deal - in this case the signatures on the resolutions are from 30 June.

To me that suggests it's more about the current owners thinking about possibly redistributing ownership % between themselves. I could be wrong and they could be doing things in preparation, but honestly market practice is to get the docs all ready and action it all on one day.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Interesting to see the gas fans getting excited about a share split in Dwane Sports. Saying it's an indication of new investors is interesting. Splitting each £1 share, both those issued and unissued, into 100 £0.01 shares could be something you'd do in preparation of investment, but normal practice is to do it simultaneously with that investment coming in.

That is you create the new shares and then immediately give them to a subscriber. You don't normally bother reorganising your share capital months before a deal - in this case the signatures on the resolutions are from 30 June.

To me that suggests it's more about the current owners thinking about possibly redistributing ownership % between themselves. I could be wrong and they could be doing things in preparation, but honestly market practice is to get the docs all ready and action it all on one day.

They aren’t very good at following procedures, rules and protocols it would seem, so who knows ?

• Like 1

I'd also point out that the company already had 1,000 authorised shares, only 10 of which where issued. Therefore pre-split they had 990 shares ready to be issued, that's more than enough to issue to investors and give them a 99% stake in the parent company of the Gas. Yes you can split those into 100,000 shares, and authorise a further 900,000 (as they've done) but why do that now?

Note they don't seem to have created a new class of share. That would be something more indicative of preparation for investment (although again much more normal to do it on the day that everything else is signed). Often when people invest they take a new class of share, a class with enhanced voting or dividend rights for example (see the Man Utd share capital for the most famous example). Now yes this share split could be in anticipation of a future redesignation of some shares into a new class...but again why do a split a month ago and then nothing since...it doesn't add up for me.

Edited by ExiledAjax

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

One of their fans has just pointed out, they haven’t released an away kit/third kit yet and they’re away to Pompey on Saturday so obviously can’t use their home kit….surely not a Mansfield type situation again for the 15ers

It will announced in the next few days by their 3 new signings wearing it sat together in their new stand!!