IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, chowie said:

So they think it will be ready for the Wycombe game on 26th in 3 weeks?

Think they may need another statement. 

Reviewed on “a game by game basis” - that suggests to be they are long, long way off it being done. They’re looking at months now, not games. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I noticed that tweet as well 

I'm sure someone could make an issue of this, but possibly they know they don't have any disabled supporters travelling? Didn't it only used to be a small area near the TV screen? 

Plans for the ‘Sporting Quarter’ were with the planning department for nearly two years, so hardly rushed through. 

I know a temporary stand is on a different scale, but the Council should call them out, processing their application in the same timeframe, so 18 months for a decision, meaning it will be ready for the start of the season (2025/6, that is)

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Reviewed on “a game by game basis” - that suggests to be they are long, long way off it being done. They’re looking at months now, not games. 

That’s a very interesting point. Barnsley may have agreed to the no accessible/disabled tickets but there if no guarantee every team will. This could run and run.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So basically its the fault of the EFL for not allowing them to start with 2 away fixtures, Barnsley for not agreeing to swap the fixtures around and the local planning authority for not allowing them to build without due diligence.

Maybe, just maybe, it's because you are a pathetically run excuse of a football club, who struggle to construct anything that doesn't require guy ropes and have ultimately become a total laughing stock nation wide?

What I find strange is it was only a month or so ago I read one of the blue few complaining that us starting at home (because the balloon fiesta is the second week) was so unfair & why couldn’t they start at home?

Now transpires they couldn’t do so anyway.

Loving the imaginative use of the word “ambitious” for their meccano construction at Alton Rd, by the way.

If they are seriously pretending it will be ready by the second home game it isn’t exactly like building the South stand, is it?

Tinpot ******* losers.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The planning application has to go to committee and the next one is 9 September. This isn't getting resolved until October time, at the earliest.

I have to say it's laughable of Rovers to suggest that this was "beyond their control".

YOU DEMOLISHED YOUR OWN STAND BEFORE RECEIVING PLANNING PERMISSION FOR A REPLACEMENT.

The unprofessionalism even from that bunch of wasters is truly staggering. Honestly couldn’t make it up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Isn’t it made out of maccano ? Won’t take long to bolt together once the planning permission comes through.

But wally never had mechanno (the toolkit for the imagination). He had a fully assembled scalextrix complete with winners flag.

From Bristol Live, please let this be true. ?

Additionally, there have been delays in the planning process amid a backlog in the planning department at Bristol City Hall which has 'effectively ground to halt' with at least four months of backlogs to even be assigned a planning officer at Bristol City Council.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

dunno but what a fiasco to be laid out in front of you as you are about to invest in the shite. id be putting my wallet away and having a look at clevedon town or wsm,both better run clubs i bet.

Please don't mention my local club in the same breath as that shower of shite!!!

?

Edited by Redtucks