IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I see Wallys on Twitter getting needlessly wound up. Doesn’t he remember how badly that’s ended for him before (cough) Matty Taylor

Because in a time when my football clubs looking decidedly incompetent, the first thing in my mind is responding to rival fans rather than sorting it!

He can say anything on the matter, apology fans, reassurances to fans….but no chooses to post that as his only comment on it.  Their actual owner. They somehow get more embarrassing by the day

• Like 2

Bristol Rovers fans preview 2023/24 and share their hopes, fears and dreams for the new season - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Joshua Hemmings, 27, Bristol: "I’m feeling very excited - there’s nothing like the Mem! Hearing ‘Goodnight Irene’ echo around the stands is something magical and I will never get bored of it for as long as I live.

Well Josh, I hope you're ready for the echo being somewhat different! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Swede said:

That is wonderful news. That dwindling band of buck toothed webbed feet neanderthals who turn up to watch them can look at that blank end and be constantly reminded of how tinpot they all are. Perhaps Sainsburys could advertise on that blank board.

Its not even boarding, it's tarpaulin sheet over temporary mesh fence, Lets hope these winds drop.

2 hours ago, RedHienz said:

The entitlement is real.

Reading the 'support' comments is recommended for a laugh.

Screenshot_20230802-235621.png

What tosh. They are a massive stain on North Bristol’s identity and play absolutely no part within the local community whatsoever (thankfully) other than to make us incredibly embarrassed at how shite a club is situated in our local vicinity!  Even the few that are around here that I’ve spoken to admit what a balls up of a club they are. 

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

Certain planning applications are deemed as 'major developments' so stuff like the AG rebuild and so forth.  

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/residents/planning-and-building-regulations/planning-applications/search-and-track-planning-applications/major-developments

Funnily enough when you search for major applications the stand seems to be missing.. but I think the AV houses do? 

Does a "temporary" stand count as a major development? It might be "ambitious" according to their statement, but does anyone else see it that way? 

Anyone? 

Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

11 hours ago, phantom said:

I wonder which disability group will pick this up first..... 

In the UK, venues such as sports grounds are legally obliged, under the terms of the Equality Act 2010, to ensure that people with disabilities aren't disadvantaged when it comes to accessing and enjoying their facilities

If you believe that a football stadium or any other venue in the UK is not adhering to the accessibility requirements outlined in the Equality Act 2010, you can take the following steps to address the issue:

1. Contact the Venue Directly: The first step is to reach out to the venue management or customer service to inform them about the accessibility issues you've observed. They may not be aware of the specific problems, and this direct communication might prompt them to take corrective action.

2. Local Authority: If contacting the venue directly doesn't lead to satisfactory results, you can contact your local authority. They are responsible for enforcing various regulations, including those related to accessibility. They may be able to investigate the matter and work with the venue to ensure compliance.

3. Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC): The EHRC is a government agency responsible for promoting and enforcing equality laws in the UK. They can provide guidance and advice on issues related to equality and accessibility. While they may not investigate individual cases, they can offer information on your rights and how to address the situation.

4. Disability Rights UK: Disability Rights UK is a national charity that works to promote and protect the rights of disabled people. They offer information, resources, and support on various disability-related issues, including accessibility.

5. Local Access Groups or Disability Organizations: There might be local advocacy groups or disability organizations in your area that can provide guidance and support. They may also have experience in addressing similar issues and can offer advice on how to proceed.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Think you need to expand this to include the Top 20.

Not Arf.

Greetings PLOP pickers...

Alan_Freeman.gif

Why only top 20 plop pickers, this is a brand new entry in at number 31…it’s “inviting all their fans to watch the World Cup by Shit looking Broken TV” 

729818AB-03A0-4701-B49D-8BB6EAEA6271.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RedHienz said:

The entitlement is real.

Reading the 'support' comments is recommended for a laugh.

Screenshot_20230802-235621.png

Just wow! Entitlement barely begins to describe it!

The ‘snag’ in the planning application is 100% Bristol Rovers incompetence. And thereafter, apart from the complete garbage about City, it’s simply about everyone else having to change their ways and speed things up simply because it’s Bristol Rovers.

Kind of makes you hope that consent, eventually, is refused

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I could be wrong, but all of these planning applications won’t be looked at in order will they? I’d imagine one to do with a football club will get bumped up the priority list quite a bit. 

I also expect Marvin Rees will get involved at some point as well demanding things get resolved for their fans. 

Well he's got plenty of time as he wasn't even selected for the PPC to the new seat of Bristol North East. I see his acolytes are kicking up a fuss and playing the race card........ It's called Democracy in action Marvin (if you hadn't done such a shit job in Bristol, you might have stood a chance )

btw I AM a Labour supporter !

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

For me, being a league club and failing to qualify for the League Cup will never be beaten. I assume they are the only club in the history of English football ever to achieve this incredibly embarrassing feat? 

I knew that it had happened once subsequently for the same reason, a bye given to a club in European competition, but I didn't recall the club.

It was AFC Wimbledon in 2011/12.  The 4 in brackets after each club refers to their division.

Preliminary round

Times up to and including the fourth round are BST (UTC+1). Times from the quarter-finals onwards are GMT (UTC±0).

Due to newly relegated (and League Cup title holders) Birmingham City having a bye to the third round following qualification to the Europa League and the extra Europa League berth awarded to Fulham through the Fair Play league, newly promoted AFC Wimbledon and Crawley Town played each other in a preliminary round. The draw for the round took place on 13 June with Crawley Town at home. This was the first need for a Preliminary Round since the 2002–03 season.

29 July 2011 Crawley Town (4) 3–2 AFC Wimbledon (4) Broadfield Stadium, Crawley
19:45 Akpan 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png 38'
Torres 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png 53'
Tubbs 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png 64'
Report L. Moore 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png 26'
Midson 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png 46'
Attendance: 3,204
Referee: Darren Deadman (Cambridgeshire)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_Football_League_Cup

I was talking to a Fewer season ticket holder, last night and asked him for his thoughts on the new season. He’s generally quite a sensible lad.

“We’re getting right aboard the Championship Express this year, I’m convinced of it. I can only see us getting promoted.” were his first words. :noexp:

“League One is nowhere near as strong as it was last year and, although I haven’t seen any of our preseason matches, apparently we’re playing some brilliant football and have made some great signings. It’s a shame that Joey won’t be able to be there for the first three games but I think it’ll still be ok.”

I asked him about the problems with the new stand (as you would) …

”We’ve done nothing wrong by clearing the ground. The absence of planning permission doesn’t prevent you from preparing for the new build. We haven’t built anything yet, just cleared the area and cut down a few bushes.”

I told him that their actions throughout had been shambolic; they’d failed to consult with their neighbours - the very people they needed to get onside in order to ease the planning permission process. 

“Yeah but, less than a mile away, when they wanted to build those new flats at the County Ground, they didn’t have anywhere like the problems we’re getting yet there are loads of houses all around that ground. The problem is it’s planning permission requested by a football club and it becomes tribal because people have a thing about football supporters. People may not want to grant us planning permission just because they don’t support us.”

I replied that I thought the major problem was that they actually failed to apply for planning permission, in time or with a strong enough case. 

“Ah well, umm, yeah, well” was his considered response!

So, to summarise ala @BigTone, they are coming for us and the ground problems aren’t of their making. The whole world is against Bristol Rovers (even though they’re everyone’s favourite second team)  

Last night, I witnessed delusion first hand. I loved what I saw!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Swede said:

Babestation 

Fake Fanta

Windyass 9

The "disabled" stand

"These things takes time" & "tied up in confidentiality agreements" mumbo jumbo

Chasers night club entrance

Row M

Boob Cricket 

Tilson 

Open Top Bus 

Sir Colin Daniel (the shirt)

New Curtains

Wycombe Celebrations 

The Grotto 

Sainsburys 

The list is endless

51 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Just wow! Entitlement barely begins to describe it!

The ‘snag’ in the planning application is 100% Bristol Rovers incompetence. And thereafter, apart from the complete garbage about City, it’s simply about everyone else having to change their ways and speed things up simply because it’s Bristol Rovers.

Kind of makes you hope that consent, eventually, is refused

Does it say on their application that they have actually used any planning consultants in making the proposal?

Or was it the case, allied to the "Have you got some free unpaid time to do our Electrics, plumbing, maintenance etc in the ground campaign" .

I'm sure that if they had used a professional company, they would have outlined timescales of such a project within the planning process. I can't believe that they are trying to say as a club "problems not of the club's making".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Does it say on their application that they have actually used any planning consultants in making the proposal?

Or was it the case, allied to the "Have you got some free unpaid time to do our Electrics, plumbing, maintenance etc in the ground campaign" .

I'm sure that if they had used a professional company, they would have outlined timescales of such a project within the planning process. I can't believe that they are trying to say as a club "problems not of the club's making".

They have to pay money for a professional company......

7 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

It's what they do. Typical Rovers bullshit. Yet their fans believe everything they are told, as since they released that pitiful statement they (bar a couple) are still blaming BCC for their shittyness.

Edited by BCFC11

39 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Row M

Boob Cricket 

Tilson 

Open Top Bus 

Sir Colin Daniel (the shirt)

New Curtains

Wycombe Celebrations 

The Grotto 

Sainsburys 

The list is endless

Another one to add to the list. Should be a top ten candidate if you ask me!

rovers_doncaster4a55713271cfcad6e3f4edda0b50ff2.jpeg

• Haha 10

12 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

As hilarious as this is, it probably only just makes it in the top 10 ‘gifts’ we’ve had from them in the last decade. That’s how embarrassing they are as a football club.

My list in order:

1) Relegated to Non League by a team wearing their kit

2) Losing Matty Taylor to us for peanuts after saying he wouldn’t go for less than £10 million.

3) Sainsbury’s screwing them over

4) Tent Stands

5) Santas Grotto

6) The Worlds worst open top bus tour

7) Joey Barton taking them to the Basement

8  This stand fiasco

9) Getting knocked out of the FA Vase by Bath City

10) the ‘Unlucky da shit’ video

Its likely that I’ll suddenly remember some other giant Rovers related **** up that should be in this top 10 (there’s been so many) so it’s worth bearing in mind that the order can change but number 1 will always be number 1 ?

Taking a year to get their “big” screen up and running will always be in my top ten.

They finally get the ******* thing up; then find they don’t have the power to run it, so need generators, then discover it was bought from a company owned by “The Rosy Cheeked Lady Garden” ???

Priceless !!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Judging from the quality (or lack of) the original application I suspect that they thought it was a done deal and put the application in themselves. 

I think they now have planning consultants on board, or they should have if they want to get it done.

• Like 2