IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Looking at the land registry, there is a covenant from 1917 which prohibits the land being used for anything other than sporting activity. It also states that no building related to sporting activity shall be over 10 feet in height.

It was updated in 1921 to say that the height restriction has been deleted.

Cost £3 to find that out, thats one less pint tonight :laughcont:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 2

56 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

London prices for Brentford and Wimbledon.

That’s true, but York City’s ground which holds 8,500 cost £44m, with the build starting 6 years ago. The ground includes a leisure complex and a community hub, so let’s say £35m ish just for the stadium which is roughly the same as Wimbledon. However, York started building 6 years ago and Wimbledon 4years, so allowing for building cost inflation it’s approx £40m ish for 8,500 seats 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I wonder why Hull gave him very little game time in our division 

Its a hell of a jump straight from youth football to the Championship. Watching the U20s confirmed that.

Scott is an anomaly..along with a couple of others from that team.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 2

Probably a decent signing for the Blue Few, but they do seem to have shelled out a few quid on signings / wages this summer in their desperation to catch / match us.

Surely the idea is flawed though? If they don't make it it's an expensive gamble, with little prospect of any significant rise in income (over and above the current stand fiasco) until they get a new stadium (which looks years away at best). However if they did fluke promotion I don't believe the financial rewards of The Championship are sufficient to make it worthwhile anyway, and even if it was I'd guess the amount of investment necessary to give them a fighting chance of playing survival would be on a level they are incapable of sustaining with the current regime.

Therefore, it looks like a gamble to make them a more attractive investment opportunity perhaps?

OTIBers with far superior financial knowledge than me please correct my understanding if I'm wrong.

In the meanwhile FTG...

25 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Probably a decent signing for the Blue Few, but they do seem to have shelled out a few quid on signings / wages this summer in their desperation to catch / match us.

Surely the idea is flawed though? If they don't make it it's an expensive gamble, with little prospect of any significant rise in income (over and above the current stand fiasco) until they get a new stadium (which looks years away at best). However if they did fluke promotion I don't believe the financial rewards of The Championship are sufficient to make it worthwhile anyway, and even if it was I'd guess the amount of investment necessary to give them a fighting chance of playing survival would be on a level they are incapable of sustaining with the current regime.

Therefore, it looks like a gamble to make them a more attractive investment opportunity perhaps?

OTIBers with far superior financial knowledge than me please correct my understanding if I'm wrong.

In the meanwhile FTG...

They’re going for broke this season. They’ll be hugely over budget especially given the lost revenue of the stand. L1 is very weak this season, so they will probably finish top half/10. Would think they’ll be in a bit of bother next season. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pillred said:

That now seems like a bargain, I bet it would probably cost double that now.

Building materials are very expensive since covid and the global supply chain issues that caused. Even the impact of the Suez Canal blockage is still causing issues in international shipping.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, petehinton said:

They’re going for broke this season. They’ll be hugely over budget especially given the lost revenue of the stand. L1 is very weak this season, so they will probably finish top half/10. Would think they’ll be in a bit of bother next season. 

Is the Championship much better? Luton and Sheffield United are bang average sides who got promoted last season.

L1 includes Bolton and Barnsley, two clubs who have played in the PL within living memory, unlike BCFC. 

And as for being over budget...planks and splinters come to mind. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, weepywall said:

Looks like a good signing to be fair.

Elliot Anderson was a huge success for BRFC, winning national plaudits, and Barton has a good eye for a midfielder. 

BRFC signed two promising players from Chelsea before - Colkett and Clarke-Salter. Great things were expected of the former, but he struggled to live up to the physical demands of the league and had his loan cancelled early before briefly resurfacing at Swindon. 

The latter didn't live up to the billing, but subsequently became a championship-level player (QPR, mind)

With the exception of a very few, it is extremely hard to tell at this stage if players will make it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hot Air said:

Is the Championship much better? Luton and Sheffield United are bang average sides who got promoted last season.

L1 includes Bolton and Barnsley, two clubs who have played in the PL within living memory, unlike BCFC. 

Yes it's much better then again a non league club over.achieving wouldn't know that

Edited by Monkeh

1 hour ago, Hot Air said:

Sheffield United are now a yo yo club who have financial means well above most championship teams.

As for Luton they are there on merit whilst at the same time there's always an anomaly in a season. Luton /Coventry last season, Huddersfield in 21/22. Barnsley in 20/21 etc