IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Bris Red said:

Of course You won’t get a reply…

The delusional gypos could only dream of getting home gates of 20k plus, lets just remember the last time they did it was in the late 1950’s ??

Gypos? Lovely. Is that allowed to pass on OTIB?

I've already had to educate one of your posters on why repeated use of 'sheikh' in a derogatory way is problematic. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Its funny - when I hear you lot to us as 'tinpot', I only have to think back just over two decades, when the bassist/drummer of Bros (sorry, genuinely can't remember/care), was your chairman. For those less senior, Bros have a strong claim to be one of the worst UK bands of all time, and I was genuinely embarrassed for your club and its fanbase. At the time we were being run by the Dunfords - a solid, decent and unstated chairmanship. 

Then you met Steve Lansdown, a leading practitioner of Anglo-Saxon vulture capitalism, and the rest is history. 

When you genuinely didn’t care about Scott Davidson what was it that you were genuinely embarrassed about in your genuinely not caring mindset?

Also, what does unstated mean in that context?

Edited by GreedyHarry
Adding a question

1 minute ago, Hot Air said:

Gypos? Lovely. Is that allowed to pass on OTIB?

I've already had to educate one of your posters on why repeated use of 'sheikh' in a derogatory way is problematic. 

You haven’t educated anyone you absolute pen1s ?

Care to explain how 13k is more than 20k or are you just going to ignore the fact you suggested that? 

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Its funny - when I hear you lot to us as 'tinpot', I only have to think back just over two decades, when the bassist/drummer of Bros (sorry, genuinely can't remember/care), was your chairman. For those less senior, Bros have a strong claim to be one of the worst UK bands of all time, and I was genuinely embarrassed for your club and its fanbase. At the time we were being run by the Dunfords - a solid, decent and unstated chairmanship. 

Then you met Steve Lansdown, a leading practitioner of Anglo-Saxon vulture capitalism, and the rest is history. 

**** me, ok I'll bite.

Scott Davidson , got to play arenas with one of the biggest bands of the time, played keyboards with Pet Shop Boys too, not a bad resume really . Just because you prefer Rod Hull and Emu doesn't make them any less successful . He made millions from Trade-it and other publications . Not much to be embarrassed for is it, not exactly getting relegated from the League by a team wearing your shirts is it ?

Steve Lansdown started his business in his bedroom I believe , It sells funds and shares and related products to retail investors so not sure how he's a vulture. Made a business , built the business, sold the business for an insane amount of money.

Be interested to know what you think of your owner, was it your shoulders he was on, going down Gloucester Road ? 
Now THAT was embarrassing .

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 2
  • Flames 5

1 minute ago, GreedyHarry said:

When you genuinely didn’t care about Scott Davidson what was it that you were genuinely embarrassed about in your genuinely not caring mindset?

It’s the best they’ve got.

Scott Davidson was our Chairman once. 
I mean that sort of embarrassment is right up there with getting relegated from the Football League by a club wearing your kit, no? 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, glynriley said:

And wally would be investing in Amman or Zarqa. Or are you going to tell us he lives above a paper shop on Gloucester Road?

I'm wondering what attracts Lansdown to Guernsey? Is it the beautiful air or the tax avoidance possibilities? You were certainly a tinpot club when you were run by the former drummer in Bros (remember the mascot fight against Wolves?), but at least you had a bit of character and weren't so closely wrapped up with vulture capitalism. 

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

**** me, ok I'll bite.

Scott Davidson , got to play arenas with one of the biggest bands of the time, played keyboards with Pet Shop Boys too, not a bad resume really . Just because you prefer Rod Hull and Emu doesn't make them any less successful . He made millions from Trade-it and other publications . Not much to be embarrassed for is it, not exactly getting relegated from the League by a team wearing your shirts is it ?

Steve Lansdown started his business in his bedroom I believe , It sells funds and shares and related products to retail investors so not sure how he's a vulture. Made a business , built the business, sold the business for an insane amount of money.

Be interested to know what you think of your owner, was it your shoulders he was on going down Gloucester Road ? 
Now THAT was embarassing .

But he’s got a nice watch ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

I'm wondering what attracts Lansdown to Guernsey? Is it the beautiful air or the tax avoidance possibilities? You were certainly a tinpot club when you were run by the former drummer in Bros (remember the mascot fight against Wolves?), but at least you had a bit of character and weren't so closely wrapped up with vulture capitalism. 

Tax avoidance is primarily the reason I’d imagine. Talking of tinpot, if we ever end up getting sponsored by a pub I’ll accept the description. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

To be fair, JB isn’t the only one.

I wasn’t aware of @slartibartfast’s existence until a couple of years ago.

We arranged to meet, however, and whilst I didn’t recognise him at first as he wasn’t wearing his hat, he turned out to be quite a nice chap.

Didn't Slarti poke you in the eye with a Wills Whiff ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

That drummer got us to the Championship. Eventful season that one against some real decent sides. You were probably still playing Carlisle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

But calling Steve Lansdown a tax dodger is OK in your world is it? Happens often over on slagchat.

I wouldn't use that specific term, but I'm presuming that Guernsey primarily appeals as a way of working around legal obligations related to tax? 

All perfectly legal of course. However, its worth remembering that a number of celebrities previously engaged in similar schemes insisted on paying their taxes in full after being subject to public pressure. If City fans haven't done this already, perhaps they could take a lead in this regard? 

For the record, my view is that there is no moral distinction between tax avoidance and benefit fraud. 

11 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

You do realise your own owner uses the exact same tax loopholes for your club, right? You realise that right?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

For the record, my view is that there is no moral distinction between tax avoidance and benefit fraud. 

Tax evasion and benefit fraud, agree.

But tax avoidance is legal and benefit fraud is illegal. There has to be a distinction between the two, surely.

Unless you’re going to argue that maximising benefit income and benefit fraud are both equally reprehensible. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

That drummer got us to the Championship. Eventful season that one against some real decent sides. You were probably still playing Carlisle. 

And then straight back down again after finishing rock bottom of the championship. 

But we have gone off track - the essential point is that you were 'tinpot' relatively recently. In 1982, when you almost went bust because you could not manage your financial affairs (say what you like about us, we pay our creditors and don't rely on charity from our players), and when the drummer of Bros was your chairman. 

But it was certainly more fun, wasn't it? Professionalism has certainly come with a price for you. 

1 minute ago, Hot Air said:

And then straight back down again after finishing rock bottom of the championship. 

But we have gone off track - the essential point is that you were 'tinpot' relatively recently. In 1982, when you almost went bust because you could not manage your financial affairs (say what you like about us, we pay our creditors and don't rely on charity from our players), and when the drummer of Bros was your chairman. 

But it was certainly more fun, wasn't it? Professionalism has certainly come with a price for you. 

Funny how easy it is to identify you through your use of other forums.

All the barbs yet no bite. D-

Also the Dunfords milked your "club" dry. Still waiting on what happened to the Hayles money.

Genuinely hilarious reading your tedious trolling. 

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Tax evasion and benefit fraud, agree.

But tax avoidance is legal and benefit fraud is illegal. There has to be a distinction between the two, surely.

Unless you’re going to argue that maximising benefit income and benefit fraud are both equally reprehensible. 

The essential difference is legal, not moral. Legality and morality are often equated with each other but are not the same thing.

Just now, RedHienz said:

Funny how easy it is to identify you through your use of other forums.

All the barbs yet no bite. D-

Also the Dunfords milked your "club" dry. Still waiting on what happened to the Hayles money.

Genuinely hilarious reading your tedious trolling. 

There wouldn't be a BRFC without them. It is that simple. 

After Hayles was sold, Holloway put together the Cureton-Roberts partnership, which was one of the most feared strike forces in lower league football. 

• Haha 12